Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting New Boiler Filter.

• 12-07-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Guys could anyone give me a ballpark figure for supply and fit of a Magnaclean filter in place of existing Fernox TF1 Total Filter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone please?

Why on earth would you change it? They do EXACTLY the same thing. It would all depend on space and pipe work arrangement really. I’d say between 200-300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you change it? They do EXACTLY the same thing. It would all depend on space and pipe work arrangement really. I’d say between 200-300

Thanks for reply, the reason I want to replace the Fernox is because it has been well abused by my friendly rgii service man, sometimes with the used of a 36" stillson and I won't go into the rest and it still continues to leak even in summertime.

He's gone and now I want this filter gone as I'm not facing into another winter with this battered burger:P

Appreciate reply, access is very good, it's in a boiler house, a system boiler, so will start shopping around and get quotes.

cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, the reason I want to replace the Fernox is because it has been well abused by my friendly rgii service man, sometimes with the used of a 36" stillson and I won't go into the rest and it still continues to leak even in summertime.

He's gone and now I want this filter gone as I'm not facing into another winter with this battered burger:P

Appreciate reply, access is very good, it's in a boiler house, a system boiler, so will start shopping around and get quotes.

cheers.

You’re supposed to replace the o ring every year if you open the lid. But the correct way to clean it is not by opening the lid. Spanners can be got for it too. I myself prefer magnaclean too.

Advertisement