Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying lessons, Carnmore?

Options
  • 12-07-2020 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Has anyone ever had a 'flying experience/lesson'. the kind that a pilot takes you up,after a little fly around you can take the trottle for a bit. Can you do something like that in carnmore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Has anyone ever had a 'flying experience/lesson'. the kind that a pilot takes you up,after a little fly around you can take the trottle for a bit. Can you do something like that in carnmore?

I have out of Weston airport in cellbridge co Kildare.
    It was in a Cessna.
    Brilliant experience really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Got helicopter lesson, some job, go for it if you get the chance

Wanderer78 wrote: »

I remember my Cessna pilot calling them “blenders!” Don’t think he liked them.

tom1ie wrote:
    I remember my Cessna pilot calling them “blenders!†Don’t think he liked them.

Any idea how much the ppl would cost for plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

Where did you do the helicopter lesson? Was it expensive?

• Advertisement

Where did you do the helicopter lesson? Was it expensive?

Waterford about 10 years ago, it was a present, think it was the bones of 400

Any idea how much the ppl would cost for plane?

Haven’t a clue mate sorry. I think it was ten years ago or more when I done the lesson.
    The flight is still fresh enough in my mind though. Absolutely thrilling.

tom1ie wrote:
    Haven’t a clue mate sorry. I think it was ten years ago or more when I done the lesson. The flight is still fresh enough in my mind though. Absolutely thrilling.

At least 10k by the looks of it

At least 10k by the looks of it

If I remember correctly you used to be able to go to Florida to get your commercial license and get your flying hours up for that kinda money.
    Probably not the best industry to be getting into now, plenty of experienced pilots looking for work unfortunately.

tom1ie wrote:
    If I remember correctly you used to be able to go to Florida to get your commercial license and get your flying hours up for that kinda money. Probably not the best industry to be getting into now, plenty of experienced pilots looking for work unfortunately.

Yea I know of a chap that went to florida, blender pilot now, no interest in the profession, would be nice to have the ppl though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hi there,give the Galway Flying Club a shout on 091 755 477. you can get a gift voucher and use it anytime you want.

Yeah I have from Westin, except they let you take part from the start. First lesson I took off myself and did all the flying with instructions and some help. Only the landing was fully taken over by the instructor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Yeah I have from Westin, except they let you take part from the start. First lesson I took off myself and did all the flying with instructions and some help. Only the landing was fully taken over by the instructor.

Do they breathalyser before takeoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get in touch with www.galwayflyingclub.org

Advertisement