Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very impressed with John Connors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

A lot of coping from the liberals I see.

Hi John, Cardboard Gangsters was ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Brian Hartman

Moghead wrote: »
    You ain't one of them buddy.

What's the problem pal? A traveller man not entitled to express his opinions?

Or is it that he is expressing the wrong opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

What's the problem pal? A traveller man not entitled to express his opinions?

Or is that he is expressing the wrong opinions?

Pikey don't preach.

Moghead wrote: »
    Pikey don't preach.

No need for derogatory language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Strumms wrote: »
    I don’t think many trinity professors are robbing bread...

Let’s hold him and everybody to the same account, robbing isn’t good, don’t take what isn’t yours end of

If we all had a decent shake of things there would be very little robbing. My wife is a carer, I have a good job, if I was a scumbag and ran off she might be on the bread line, if I died tomorrow my job might leave her with no pension, if she had to rob a load of bread or a game of snakes and ladders or a playstation in that situation I'd say go for it, why should my kids starve just because your kids got a better start in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The other John Connors thread is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Connors and these people are blurring the line between homosexuality, rape of women and rape of children like it's all part of the same issue. Its ignorant, hateful and a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is this the John Connor is a bit of a ... Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

It doesn't take much to impress some people.

It's a very low bar in fairness, but society is only as strong as its most vulnerable members, if your wish is for a strong and just society, then everyone should be included, the sad part of life as it is now is that people demand respect but don't show respect. Give chances to people, and if they grasp their chances give them the opportunity to better themselves. Travellers are heavily backed in this country, and so far have not shown much inclination or aptitude to better their own lives, but then again there are good ones, it's just that they are in the minority because the bad ones are the empty vessels making the most noise. Education as we know is the key to improvement of society, not free handouts or black armbands or multicoloured armbands or fad movements, but bit by bit day by day cultural changes. The kids growing up now have a wonderful outlook, and best of luck to them all, because the world is theirs for the taking. People as always will change the world, hopefully change it for the better. Good luck to John Connors, he takes a lot of abuse, he is a long way from a bad person, but he is such an easy target for his detractors, because of the anti traveller sentiment, which is deserved to some degree. I wake up every day hoping for the best, and there are positive signs out there, but life is a lot tougher now than I ever remember it. But I think the message is to listen to people, because sometimes they are only letting off steam in a world of pressure. Everyone deserves a voice.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He's an absolute gob****e.

That Lidl tweet took the piss and there are many more like it. They guy has a serious chip on his shoulder.

he has taken advanced uber muppetry and complete and utter gobshytery to a new level.

and done so monthly.

• Advertisement

If we all had a decent shake of things there would be very little robbing. My wife is a carer, I have a good job, if I was a scumbag and ran off she might be on the bread line, if I died tomorrow my job might leave her with no pension, if she had to rob a load of bread or a game of snakes and ladders or a playstation in that situation I'd say go for it, why should my kids starve just because your kids got a better start in life.

Here's an idea, get life assurance and a private pension that covers widows. Give your family the same start in life as mine.

Not that hard to resolve your conundrum is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

???????

Undoubtedly some people start off with better chances than others, but I don't know where you are going about stealing PlayStations just to make ends meet. In the end we all show our true colours and if you'll make things happen for yourself or just hope that they'll happen to you. A lot of people who give out about being shafted just don't put in the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

Don't rate what he has to say, a third rate actor with questionable ideals he really shouldn't get air time,

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

It's a very low bar in fairness, but society is only as strong as its most vulnerable members, if your wish is for a strong and just society, then everyone should be included, the sad part of life as it is now is that people demand respect but don't show respect. Give chances to people, and if they grasp their chances give them the opportunity to better themselves. Travellers are heavily backed in this country, and so far have not shown much inclination or aptitude to better their own lives, but then again there are good ones, it's just that they are in the minority because the bad ones are the empty vessels making the most noise. Education as we know is the key to improvement of society, not free handouts or black armbands or multicoloured armbands or fad movements, but bit by bit day by day cultural changes. The kids growing up now have a wonderful outlook, and best of luck to them all, because the world is theirs for the taking. People as always will change the world, hopefully change it for the better. Good luck to John Connors, he takes a lot of abuse, he is a long way from a bad person, but he is such an easy target for his detractors, because of the anti traveller sentiment, which is deserved to some degree. I wake up every day hoping for the best, and there are positive signs out there, but life is a lot tougher now than I ever remember it. But I think the message is to listen to people, because sometimes they are only letting off steam in a world of pressure. Everyone deserves a voice.

^^^^^^^ This. Post of the week. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Your kids wouldn’t starve because the government provides assistance to whatever you might have saved. Encouraging lawlessness because of any random excuse isn’t acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

maniac2003 wrote: »
    Don't rate what he has to say, a third rate actor with questionable ideals he really shouldn't get air time,

Actor is a bit rich isn't it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I had a lot of time for travellers until my stolen motorbike was found near a known gypsy area. Wonder what John has to say about that, does his loaf of bread stance cover motorcycles too?

maniac2003 wrote: »

What he said is very reasonable. He mentioned so much abuse happened in the Church because people would not question. He's urging us to question O'Gorman and the rest of the trans lobby.

I had a lot of time for travellers until my stolen motorbike was found near a known gypsy area. Wonder what John has to say about that, does his loaf of bread stance cover motorcycles too?

I'm not going to deny that there is a lot of problems with travellers and crime, and they need to sort that out.

But I am saying that Connors showed me a different side to himself and his people today and it impressed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm not going to deny that there is a lot of problems with travellers and crime, and they need to sort that out.

But I am saying that Connors showed me a different side to himself and his people today and it impressed me.

So he can cash in on his views and get airtime for, let's be honest, a sub par actor who can only play scumbags as surprise surprise.... I'll leave you to figure the rest out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

That tweet was so telling. That he thinks a discount retailer is robbing people blind provokes the question of what he thinks a fair price is.

He doesn't think. He's a reactionary idiot. They're one of the few companies who pay retail workers a living wage - and they also had the decency to redeploy staff from Fortunestown to other nearby shops, thus ensuring that no existing jobs were lost as a result of the vandalism. There are loads of decent Travellers. Connors is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

What he said is very reasonable. He mentioned so much abuse happened in the Church because people would not question. He's urging us to question O'Gorman and the rest of the trans lobby.

Yes, JC was spot on there. While I won't go into some Catholic Church bashing, they did have a crazy amount of power and influence up to the early 90s. Some of that power manifested itself in the abuse of minors in their care. Politicians were very careful not to call them out on it due to the influence the church had. We can see the same pattern with the LGBT+ lobby in terms of people and groups of influence 'religiously' bowing down to all things 'Globohomo' ie Garda cars with the LGBT+ rainbow flag on them.

Great turnout too. Why isn't RTE covering this? If four people turned up for a BLM rally in Leitrim it would be headline news

RTE biased? Surely not...

id be anti-liberal myself but ive no time for Connors at all. Well able to play the racecard himself in spite of being caucasian like the rest of us. He's not a separate race, he's from a community of failed nomadic drifters
    Also, he speaks about protecting children but a traveller down this neck of the woods was jailed recently for raping all of his seven daughters. One of many cases of abuse within the travelling community over the years. Perhaps when the they get their own act together we might start taking them seriously then

As for O'Gorman... i hate the Green Party full stop. I think they are a shower of bluffers. To be fair, it was only one photo with Tatchell, however, ROG took his time in giving his response which is strange. Also, i would like to see an actual parent (straight, gay or confused) get the job as minister for children. Someone who can emphatise with the struggles of parenthood today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Also, i would like to see an actual parent (straight, gay or confused) get the job as minister for children. Someone who can emphatise with the struggles of parenthood today.

I'd like to see an actual child getting that job. Someone who can empathise with the struggles of childhood today.

id be anti-liberal myself but ive no time for Connors at all. Well able to play the racecard himself in spite of being caucasian like the rest of us. He's not a separate race, he's from a community of failed nomadic drifters
    Also, he speaks about protecting children but a traveller down this neck of the woods was jailed recently for raping all of his seven daughters. One of many cases of abuse within the travelling community over the years. Perhaps when the they get their own act together we might start taking them seriously then

Fair comment. Not saying he's perfect, not saying his people don't have problems, but I will support those who stand up to the trans lobby.

.anon. wrote: »
    I'd like to see an actual child getting that job. Someone who can empathise with the struggles of childhood today.

Well what i really mean is that someone who has children would have a better grasp on the importance of child protection. This liberal tosser and his predecessor are more interested in infiltrating children with LGBT agenda (example Glitterhole), and lowering the age of consent.

Get up the yard. To paraphrase another thread, John Connors is a w@nkstain on society.

Get up the yard. To paraphrase another thread, John Connors is a w@nkstain on society.

I disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I’ll definitely be taking advice on child protection from a proponent of a culture which entertains ‘grabbing’, discourages education, discourages interaction with law enforcement / state authorities and encourages the marriage of children at 16.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement