Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very impressed with John Connors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You're easily impressed OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SoupMonster

id be anti-liberal myself but ive no time for Connors at all. Well able to play the racecard himself in spite of being caucasian like the rest of us. He's not a separate race, he's from a community of failed nomadic drifters
    Also, he speaks about protecting children but a traveller down this neck of the woods was jailed recently for raping all of his seven daughters. One of many cases of abuse within the travelling community over the years. Perhaps when the they get their own act together we might start taking them seriously then

As for O'Gorman... i hate the Green Party full stop. I think they are a shower of bluffers. To be fair, it was only one photo with Tatchell, however, ROG took his time in giving his response which is strange. Also, i would like to see an actual parent (straight, gay or confused) get the job as minister for children. Someone who can emphatise with the struggles of parenthood today.

Our government, in their infinite wisdom and sense of self righteousness, declared that Travellers are a distinct ethnic minority, different from the rest of us, marginalised and oppressed, "other".

I thought that was nonsense, however, our government and civil society organisations all patted themselves on the back for how progressive they were in creating this new oppressed ethnic minority.

This is an exact copy of what Connors said about the man raping his daughters.
    "A Traveller man. Dirty disgusting pedophiles tramp, needs castrated amd life in prison. I don't believe in the death penalty. Too good for him."
    That sounds like an unequivocal condemnation.

As for O'Gorman...
    There is more than 1 photo. Tatchell & O'Gorman are shoulder to shoulder, carrying the Green Party banner.

The real issue is not O'Gorman's delight at being photographed with Tatchell, which is actually understandable since Tatchell is a "national treasure" in the LGBT community and can do no wrong. It's ROG's response to the "Tatchell is a nonce" accusations.

As a gay man who is politically active, it would be impossible for O'Gorman not to know the accusations that have been periodically directed at Tatchell. The same "paedophile enabler" accusations have been made every two years or so, and each time Tatchell doubles down.

Tatchell doesn't believe there should be any age of consent laws, he compromises that it should be maybe 14 with close-in-age exemptions below that, and then he goes on to regale us with lovely stories of his dear friends enjoying sex with adults at age 8 or 9. But of course he doesn't condone it (as he wistfully gazes into the distance and dreams of what might have been, or something).

The same speil again and again for 2 decades. Despite Tatchell's teflon coating, his national treasure status, and his "Heroes of our time" award, he seems completely unable to clearly and explicitly state what he really means. He has NEVER clearly addressed anyone's concerns.

Even Roderick had to come to the conclusion that Tatchell's position is indefensible and he must distance himself from it.

Roderick's claim that he didn't know of the controversial opinions is frankly unbelievable. Of course he knew. Everywhere Tatchell goes, he's accused of being a "pedo apologist", this is nothing new. Rod just didn't care. It was more important to get the LGBT colossus to the Pride march, have him carry the green banner and declare themselves the champions of everything LGBT. The Greens and Sinn Fein are falling all over themselves to capture the LGBT (and their allies') vote, it's a growing demographic.

Roderick was slow to answer his detractors because he had to be sure Tatchell has satisfactorily answered his critics. There was a lot of age of consent stuff and lots of Paedophile Information Exchange dealings to be covered.

Of course Rod would have preferred his hero was squeaky clean but as a lawyer, he had to conclude.... Tachell is a liability, he is indefensible. He has to be sacrificed or the grand LGBT project will be damaged.

Plead ignorance and pretend to be virtuous, the sh*t-for-brains voters will fall for that yet again. No, a better approach, come out with all guns blazing, accuse everyone of being fascists, faceless trolls and throw in a healthy does of "is it because I is gay?".

In my opinion rod's lying but it wont prevent him proceeding with the grand plan anyway:-
    . SOGI curriculum to replace sex education
    . transing children and teenagers.
    . mastectomies and hysterectomies for teenage girls.
    . hormones for teenage boys.
    . criminalisation of psychological counselling as "conversion therapy"
    . state funded drag queen glitterholes
    . the elevation of "gender" as a more important characteristic than "sex", effectively eliminating women's and girls' sex-based rights.
    . and maybe another attempt to decriminalise pimping (Rod is very eager to legitimise the most heteronormative of all social institutions as part of the LGBT project to smash heteronormativity).

Anyone familiar with the legal changes LGBT have been pushing throughout the western world for the last few years should be very worried about Roderick.

And for levity. Here's Tatchell asking Tyson to support gay rights.
    H6ZJ43E43ZF2FBEVEAL4ILGOB4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

John Conners is an idiot who doesn't realize the organizers of the march for innocence aka Justin Barrett said travelers had weak Irish blood.

Justin Barrett.

On travellers:
    They claim to be native Irish, but realistically they are descended from Romany gypsies - all you have to do is look at them and you know that they are not really Irish. Other than that, they are untidy, dirty, aggressive - often criminal, and don't pay their dues.

Nice move Conners. Way to defend and protect your people.

By the way the man who made a speech that everyone is tweeting about ..Justin Barrett. His now wife was underage when they first got together. She was 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Nice crowd that on Saturday. These people that John was with spread hate. There’s a reason there’s isn’t a far right party in Ireland.
    https://twitter.com/fionapettit71/status/1281955041499381761?s=21

• Advertisement

Nice crowd that on Saturday. These people that John was with spread hate. There’s a reason there’s isn’t a far right party in Ireland.

There is a far right party in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It must be heart breaking for the progressives to see the travellers turn against them.

And remember, Connors cannot be cancelled ;)

You can be though, Banned:D

So does anyone really think this was about child abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Fair play to him. Not too many settled people will stand up like he did.

I know travellers cause trouble but I have maximum respect for men and women like him.

Funny how the progressives couldn't bring us together, but conservatism will

https://youtu.be/HKcbVPvE-Qc

Absolutely brain-dead take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Of course not. But its a great way to make sure that nobody can criticize you. You are dismissing an anti pedo protest, you monster.

We all know what it's about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ask the organiser

https://www.facebook.com/1741082579269452/posts/3353416868036007/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I listened to the speech out of curiosity.
    First time I have heard anything by Connors. I have heard of Torino before and I don't like his vibe at all. I actually don't know anything about Connors or his past as I don't watch TV and I don't know who the people are that were at the march. Do not know what the noose on a banner means. Looked very strange.So just listened to see what he said.

He is incorrect to say the proposed bill is about surgery or any medical procedures. So that is wrong.
    He is correct to say many have known for a very long time about Tatchell.
    The point about other photos with Roderic is interesting, and carrying a banner together. That is more than one hasty ill judged photo op on twitter. That is spending time with someone and O Gorman would want to be seriously clueless not to know about Tatchells pro paedophilia work.
    Is that longer association during the march true though? That is hard to know given that Connors says other things that are untrue.

The point he made about Educate and Celebrate and Tatchell caught my attention. I looked them up. It is a UK organisation as far as I can make out. So I do not think they could possibly have any say at all on sex ed in Irish schools. What link is he making there? That seems like false and inflammatory info then.
    (But that UK organisation should have a serious look at itself having Tatchell as Patron. That is bad.)

So overall - lack of research, false statements, but also some interesting new context I had not heard before about O Gormans possibly longer contact with Tatchell. Of which I would need further proof before believing.

Hope I am allowed make those casual observations now without being called a "friend of a w*nkstain"...yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Fair play to him. Not too many settled people will stand up like he did.

I know travellers cause trouble but I have maximum respect for men and women like him.

Funny how the progressives couldn't bring us together, but conservatism will

https://youtu.be/HKcbVPvE-Qc

Fair play to John ... respect ...

Antifa have really fallen lower - didn't think that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

By the way the man who made a speech that everyone is tweeting about ..Justin Barrett. His now wife was underage when they first got together. She was 17.
    His second wife....after he campaigned on the no side for the divorce referendum....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Connors has always been a grifter, constantly defending the indefensible elements of traveller culture. I do believe he is genuinely sickened by the disgusting views of peter tatchell and the barbaric policy on ‘trans kids’ our new children's minister has inherited and sadly prioritised, but this does not make him the saviour of Ireland or undo the past.

A stopped clock is right twice a day, this is his minute on the right side of history , he'll return to being wrong any second now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

That's not "underage." The age of consent in Ireland is 17.

Invidious wrote: »
    That's not "underage." The age of consent in Ireland is 17.
    It might be legal just about....but it is still creepy af...17 is still a minor....
    What age was he?....he is 49 now I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Traveller girls get married on average at 16 years.
    They see no wrong in marrying their first cousins.
    How does Connors describe this?

gmisk wrote: »
    It might be legal just about....but it is still creepy af...17 is still a minor....

his divorce was in 2004, so he was 33 when divorced which with the waiting / separation period and since the new missus was the reason he looked for the divorce id comfortably say when she was 17 he would have been probably 28-30, hardly makes him jimmy Saville.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Here's a story about him from 1993

RTEGUIDE1.jpg

• Advertisement

his divorce was in 2004, so he was 33 when divorced which with the waiting / separation period and since the new missus was the reason he looked for the divorce id comfortably say when she was 17 he would have been probably 28-30, hardly makes him jimmy Saville.
    Did I compare him to Jimmy saville?

A man that age with a minor is still extremely creepy.

If it was anyone else people would be saying the same thing, can you imagine if Roderic O Gorman had done the same?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Here's a story about him from 1993

RTEGUIDE1.jpg

Nope. Thats about someone called Louis Burns and William Heffernan

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If we all had a decent shake of things there would be very little robbing. My wife is a carer, I have a good job, if I was a scumbag and ran off she might be on the bread line, if I died tomorrow my job might leave her with no pension, if she had to rob a load of bread or a game of snakes and ladders or a playstation in that situation I'd say go for it, why should my kids starve just because your kids got a better start in life.

Handy hint, don't feed your kids playstations...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Omackeral wrote: »
    He’s an ignorant degenerate. Posted this when a load of scumbags looted Lidl during an extreme weather event, compromising emergency services. How exactly are Lidl “robbing us every day”? They provide a massive service and employment to people in disadvantaged areas. Fool.

DXUSuJaWsAA4imE.jpg

He's an idiot. Deleted the tweet and at first flat out denied he'd said it despite screenshots then started challenging people who called him up on it to fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nope. Thats about someone called Louis Burns and William Heffernan

16a1b2d7ed28d4bf21f6791291f3b2d2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

gmisk wrote: »

I'm not sure what age he was when they first met. I see from the party website that she is a primary teacher with 3 children, so she's a good bit older than 17 at this stage.

The previous poster stated that he had a relationship with an "underage" girl, which suggests criminal behaviour. I'm just pointing out that that wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Invidious wrote: »
    I'm not sure what age he was when they first met. I see from the party website that she is a primary teacher with 3 children, so she's a good bit older than 17 at this stage.

The previous poster stated that he had a relationship with an "underage" girl, which suggests criminal behaviour. I'm just pointing out that that wasn't the case.

She’s not a primary teacher though. She’s homeschooling her kids, who are of primary school age.

Well as far as I an concerned he can go down with that ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I see now we have a traveller in the senate that she has now set up pride week for travellers....

Anyone find it a bit odd they're going under the LGBT banner?

• Advertisement

I see now we have a traveller in the senate that she has now set up pride week for travellers....

Anyone find it a bit odd they're going under the LGBT banner?

Absolutely, its like foxes and hens both protesting together to have the coup door left open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement