Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc remote access

Options
  • 13-07-2020 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

How do you enable remote access on hkc system? Do i need to contact installer or can i enable this on the panel? Thanks.

Other than via the app, can you arm/disarm system via text? Sorry for the newbie questions; just recently had hkc installed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Radsky wrote: »
    How do you enable remote access on hkc system? Do i need to contact installer or can i enable this on the panel? Thanks.

Other than via the app, can you arm/disarm system via text? Sorry for the newbie questions; just recently had hkc installed.

If it is a recent installation and done by a professional, then your best way is to engage with them as they will know if the necessary communications device is fitted in your control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

kub wrote: »
    If it is a recent installation and done by a professional, then your best way is to engage with them as they will know if the necessary communications device is fitted in your control panel.

Thanks. I think it is a GSM unit. Can you arm / disarm the alarm via text?

Yea test your code + arm to arm it
    eg 12345 arm

other options

unset
    status
    log

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Did installer not go through this with you?
    Do you know if its a GSM/Q or GSM/WIFI installed?

Reason I ask is the GSM/WIFI will only accept texts if your number is programmed into system.
    To see if securecomm is enabled you can press 0*9 on your keypad, enter user code and it will give you the ID and password if set up.

Yea test your code + arm to arm it
    eg 12345 arm

other options

unset
    status
    log

Where would you text it? Would it be to the number of the SIM in my unit?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Did installer not go through this with you?
    Do you know if its a GSM/Q or GSM/WIFI installed?

Reason I ask is the GSM/WIFI will only accept texts if your number is programmed into system.
    To see if securecomm is enabled you can press 0*9 on your keypad, enter user code and it will give you the ID and password if set up.

It is a GSM/WIFI. I got the Id and password but when entered into hkc app, it says remote access is not enabled on my system.

Advertisement