Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worth changing PCB Board on Vokera Boiler ?

• 13-07-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there,

It seems that my Vokera Mynute 25HE model boiler is around 12 years old, having trouble with PCB board..
    Some times it works fine with multiple RESETs or ON and OFF. But if I set to timer on it is giving me fault error code relating to PCB or Fan issue.

Checked with one of Plumber he mentioned it would cost me €200-300 with not much of Gaurantee.
    So, considering life of my boiler will it be good idea to change PCB board rather than going for a brand new boiler which will cost(€2000-2500)

As I see installation of Irish summer failed this year, in need of heating at home.

Please advice
    Thanks in advance
    Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭cloonymee

I've a similar vokera boiler. Had an error on it last year and had to get a few bits changed to sort it out. Ring vokera ireland directly. They do a fixed price repair where they will replace any part other than the heat exchanger. I think it cost me around 280 euros including fitting. Boiler has been fine since. They also give several months guarantee from recollection.

kvr1727 wrote: »
    Hi there,

It seems that my Vokera Mynute 25HE model boiler is around 12 years old, having trouble with PCB board..
    Some times it works fine with multiple RESETs or ON and OFF. But if I set to timer on it is giving me fault error code relating to PCB or Fan issue.

Checked with one of Plumber he mentioned it would cost me €200-300 with not much of Gaurantee.
    So, considering life of my boiler will it be good idea to change PCB board rather than going for a brand new boiler which will cost(€2000-2500)

As I see installation of Irish summer failed this year, in need of heating at home.

Please advice
    Thanks in advance
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kvr1727

thanks a million for the update.
    Do you have direct contact number for Vokera Ireland, I was searching for it and the persons I contacted are regular Plumbers not able to get direct contact.
    Please pass on me direct contact number.
    thanks in advance
    Regards
    Vinnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kvr1727

Sorted with number.

thanks a million for the update.

Appreciate it.

Advertisement