Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new public park for Waterford?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

shockwave wrote: »
    I could never understand why people called it a park its just an empty concrete yard.

I imagine it was a park at some stage. But yeah, far from a park now!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

I would also point out that there is a fantastic river walk along most of the south bank of the Suir, which is essentially a linear park. This also caters to the population cohort Cllr. Roche speaks for. The Council should be looking to upgrade and enhance this for the enjoyment of locals and visitors alike. If it was upgraded it would be better than the Greenway for walkers/strollers and another little gem of a tourist attraction in the heart of the city. It should go continuously from the Marina Hotel out to Blenheim and beyond but a few landowners along the route have appropriated the foreshore into their gardens(not sure if legally or not?), PwC and a few homeowners near Waterford Castle ferry come to mind.
    Picnic tables, lots of bins, new fencing, regular maintenance & cleaning, tree husbandry and continuous monitoring to prevent dumping and anti-social behavior could transform this under-appreciated asset into a fantastic amenity for the city.

I see the council are in the process of upgrading the riverside walk behind Glenville (long neglected) and along behind Maypark to a surface suitable for cycling as well as walking. Thanks for listening WCCC. Anyone know if the two sections are going to be reunited i.e. via the old Snowcream site and the dismantled bridge over Cove lane?

Advertisement