Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade existing HKC system

Options
  • 13-07-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Might be a silly question but I was wondering if I can upgrade an existing hard wired HKC system to allow for remote control of the alarm through an app? I assume I either have this option or get a brand new fully wireless system installed with an app but not sure what the best option is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but I was wondering if I can upgrade an existing hard wired HKC system to allow for remote control of the alarm through an app? I assume I either have this option or get a brand new fully wireless system installed with an app but not sure what the best option is.

Yes you can upgrade your system using the older sensors to a newer system and that will give you the option of adding remote access.
    If its wired then I wouldnt be looking at wire free but newer system have receivers built in that will allow adding wire free devices also.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Great, thanks for the response. Stupid question but is it just a matter of asking an alarm fitter to do this for me. Any recommendations welcome. I got a guy in last minute when we were getting an extension done and he had to hook up a new sensor at the back but it wasn't done correctly because you can open the back door and the alarm doesn't go off when I have another zone excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Great, thanks for the response. Stupid question but is it just a matter of asking an alarm fitter to do this for me. Any recommendations welcome. I got a guy in last minute when we were getting an extension done and he had to hook up a new sensor at the back but it wasn't done correctly because you can open the back door and the alarm doesn't go off when I have another zone excluded.

Yes it is a job for a professional alright, pity your previous guy was not as professional ;).

If you had a zone excluded is that sensor on that zone as well?

altor wrote: »
    If you had a zone excluded is that sensor on that zone as well?

Yes I believe so but it's not meant to be and never was in the past. If we exclude downstairs front of house, now the back door is excluded.

• Advertisement

Yes I believe so but it's not meant to be and never was in the past. If we exclude downstairs front of house, now the back door is excluded.

He has put the 2 zones together and connected into the control panel if that is the case. If you have a spare one in the control panel you could break them back up to the way you had them.

Thanks for that. I have someone coming out to install a new box that is compatible with the HKC app. They'll also service the alarm so should get rid of any issues we have.

Thanks for that. I have someone coming out to install a new box that is compatible with the HKC app. They'll also service the alarm so should get rid of any issues we have.

Brilliant, glad your getting it sorted.

Advertisement