Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Test on Thursday :)

Options
  • 13-07-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Well,

Have the motorbike test on Thursday - Only use the bike occasionally was big into the bikes years ago had a 7 year hiatus and we go again. Never had a need for the full 7 years ago as had a garage policy - but not so fortunate now -

Have a pre-test at the test center Wednesday evening.

Any last minute tips yee may be able to offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Rx713B wrote: »
    Well,

Have the motorbike test on Thursday - Only use the bike occasionally was big into the bikes years ago had a 7 year hiatus and we go again. Never had a need for the full 7 years ago as had a garage policy - but not so fortunate now -

Have a pre-test at the test center Wednesday evening.

Any last minute tips yee may be able to offer.

Thanks

What colour is your lid? Mine was black, instructor could not really see my head turns visibly enough. Stuck a yellow post-it note either side so was more obvious. Might of been the difference between a pass or fail, not sure but only really applies if you've a dark lid I guess.

And best of luck with your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Best of luck to you!Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

sirmixalot wrote: »
    What colour is your lid? Mine was black, instructor could not really see my head turns visibly enough. Stuck a yellow post-it note either side so was more obvious. Might of been the difference between a pass or fail, not sure but only really applies if you've a dark lid I guess.

All black lid - Man that is some serious tip Ill be throwing one on in the morning - anything to help them see the head movement

And best of luck with your test.
    Best of luck to you!Let us know how you get on.

Cheers lads will, do

• Advertisement

All black lid - Man that is some serious tip Ill be throwing one on in the morning - anything to help them see the head movement

It was a lad on here that told me about that tip too. Just fold a postit in two and tape it down so that its not hugely obvious but just enough for the lad in the car behind you to see your movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Good luck with the test, hope the weather stays good for the day.
    Always tend to go with white helmets myself.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Some people poo poo the tip but it couldn't hurt. I'd use some hi viz tape if it was me. Make you look extra safe ;-)

Toughest part of the test is the questions at the start imo lol

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bal1000

Have you the test booked for a long time? Just wondering as it's still saying they are suspended on the website and its something I need to do shortly as well. Good luck with your test on Thursday btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

bal1000 wrote: »
    Have you the test booked for a long time? Just wondering as it's still saying they are suspended on the website and its something I need to do shortly as well. Good luck with your test on Thursday btw.

only a few centres reopened.
    I changed mine from tallaght to dun laoghaire and got a date within a few days.

Mines tomorrow btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hopefully there'll be a few L-vests being given away here soon, boys! Best of luck.

zubair wrote: »
    Some people poo poo the tip but it couldn't hurt. I'd use some hi viz tape if it was me. Make you look extra safe ;-)

Toughest part of the test is the questions at the start imo lol

Best of luck with it.

Yeah probably looks a little obvious but as my instructor was always in my ear yelling for me to be more pronounced then thought why not, anyway I had no points on observation as a issue so maybe it did do the trick. :)

bal1000 wrote: »

Booked it Last November - It was scheduled for April but was cancelled due to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Yeah, I added a piece of insulating tape in an obvious colour (e.g. white, on black. black, on white) as a cruciform, so it's obvious the lid is moving.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Any update here on the test?

Dan.

Yep all boxed off was meant to update 3 grade 2's for progress - other than that all cool in the gang. Have an l vest there if anyone's looking :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Confgratulations. We'll have a right possy of boards members on bikes seems like a right few have completed the text in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Yep all boxed off was meant to update 3 grade 2's for progress - other than that all cool in the gang. Have an l vest there if anyone's looking :pac:

Nice wan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 HD_Cooney mush

Im awaiting my test date and will take the L vest off your hands if you haven't off loaded it yet.

Congrats on passing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Im awaiting my test date and will take the L vest off your hands if you haven't off loaded it yet.

Congrats on passing

Congratulations also. Still waiting for date here

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Applied for my test yesterday, but can't take it until the 26th at the earliest, I told them that but they wouldn't let me tell them anything else . My other engagements are kinda awkward so I'm really anxious waiting for the date. It's nothing that can't be moved or cancelled, if it was then I wouldn't have applied. Tell me when ye get your dates, might put my mind at ease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I wouldn't worry about it - I'd be amzed if you could get a scheduled test within 2 weeks of booking.

I wouldn't worry about it - I'd be amzed if you could get a scheduled test within 2 weeks of booking.

I booked the test over a week ago and am yet to receive a scheduled test date!

Well, after the farce of my test cancellation last year, and all the cancellations since then, I am still waiting for my test here in Kerry.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

Booked a test in Dublin for Mar and it was rescheduled to the end of this month.

Fingers crossed I don't have to resit.

Booked a test in Dublin for Mar and it was rescheduled to the end of this month.

Fingers crossed I don't have to resit.

5 month wait? Jesus that is grim

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

I'd say it's probably more like a few weeks now. Just unlucky timing when I booked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

its a lot longer than that. My young lad applied for his in February last......no sign of anything yet. I dont think it'll happen this year at all tbh.

Waiting list is currently 70,000 long.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement