Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Chitchat 4, an udder new thread.

1814815816817818820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Jack98

Clear in herd test here this morning we had been restricted last 6 weeks cousin bounding outfarm where heifers are has lost 12 limo bullocks between skin and blood test after it. Neigbor at home only one farm between us has lost 60 cows in the last two months now, it was some relief heading into the winter with a lot of cattle to be offloaded in the backend could have been a very bleak winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,957 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Kind of the same here. If you take all the crap that's being put in the atmosphere from the wars and various volcano types this past while then a bit more crap from protected urea is not helping it. Slurry and dung there'd be a carbon buffer at least to mitigate any chems coming down. I don't 100% believe that but there's something there I believe.

Spikey plants grew well this year. That's thistles, nettles, briars. That'd be electroculture sort of a thing and that would be a radiation or wavelength type of harnessing for growth. So could mean more radiation in air or hitting the ground. Beans grew well this year. Farmers are saying they never saw a year like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭DBK1

I can give you their names and addresses if you like. The 3 or 4 most prominent land buyers around here are all what you’d class as tractor jockeys.

There’s one set of brothers that started out with 25 or 30 acres. Farming well north of 250 now, every bit of it bought in the last 25 or so years and there’s not a contractor ever sets foot on their yard. They’re mixed beef, tillage and sheep and have all their own gear for everything. Buy a new tractor every year or 2 and never trade in any. There’s 2 parcels of land for sale local here by private treaty at the minute, one 8.5 acres and they opened the bidding at €15k per acre, the other 33 acres and they’ve it opened at €11.5k per acre.

Farming all their lives, never had off farm employment so no pension or redundancy payments to give them a start like you mentioned before that you had. All done through hard work and intelligence. These lads would buy and sell you before you’d be out of bed and have your boots laced in the mornings!

I know you talk about your system a lot and if it works for you then fair play to you. But I think you make the one most critical mistake that anyone in business in any walk of life can make, you think your system is better than everyone else’s.

Don’t ever make the mistake of thinking there’s no one better than you because that’s the day you fail. There’ll always be someone bigger/stronger/richer/cleverer etc. and the intelligent people take bits from all of these and use them themselves to improve, not look down at them from a false position of superiority thinking they should all be learning from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭mf240

Did you buy land at some stage.

Dont think you ever mentioned it.

🙃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭ginger22

• Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭jaymla627

will be intresting to see if they go down on the blood, he said on the phone that a good % of the measurements in the vets report where borderline inconclusive…

Advertisement