Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking iphone

Options
  • 13-07-2020 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I bought an iphone 11 from a friend (vodafone). Do I contact vodafone to unlock it? Im with eir (sim only plan) or maybe would I just be best to get a sim only from vodafone as might be quicker? Or should I just go to a phone shop & get them to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mairtmairt wrote: »
    I bought an iphone 11 from a friend (vodafone). Do I contact vodafone to unlock it? Im with eir (sim only plan) or maybe would I just be best to get a sim only from vodafone as might be quicker? Or should I just go to a phone shop & get them to do it?

local shops wont be able to unlock them. the iphones are remotely unlocked by apple themselves so would need to go to vodafone. best thing to so is get the friend to unlock it as it should cost them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

Perfect will get friend to get vodafone to unlock. Just hoping it doesn take too long says on website can take them up to 30days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,211 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They might not give it if he's in contact, if he stops paying the bill it could get blacklisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mairtmairt wrote: »
    Perfect will get friend to get vodafone to unlock. Just hoping it doesn take too long says on website can take them up to 30days :(

shouldn't take that long i don't think. I got the 11 pro pro unlocked last month and it only took 3-5 days can't remember which.

She is still in contract (she basically broker her phone & was due an upgrade in 2months anyway but could not wait so bought a new phone with them). Hopefully should be quick enough & Im up and running soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,211 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a pre pay phone then Vodafone will want it to be topped up by a certain amount before giving out the unlock code, not sure what the current price is but probably somewhere between 100 and 150...

She is on bill and have asked her to contact Vodafone to get it unlocked hopefully it doesnt take them too long

Advertisement