Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving boiler due to extension

• 13-07-2020 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are going to be doing a home renovation\extension in the coming months which would include moving our existing utility to the other side of the house. This will involve moving the boilers - I enquired into the cost for replacing the boilers (2) with a more efficient boiler (1) and also the movement of all necessary pipes\etc. over to the new area

I was given a suggestion to cut\block the pipework to the existing boilers, get rid of them and then rather than moving all pipes across the house causing significant effort, I should install a new boiler in the attic right over the hot press. This makes sense to me but has anyone ever done this before, and if so how did you find it?

Also, does putting a boiler in the attic not present potential problems down the line when I want to get it serviced? i.e. maybe a service technician doesn't want to climb into the attic - would it be normal to have your boiler in the attic?

Finally, could there be any issues in terms of ease of access should there be a fire or emergency relating to the boiler?

Thoughts\answers on a postcard to...:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finally, could there be any issues in terms of ease of access should there be a fire or emergency relating to the boiler?

Thoughts\answers on a postcard to...:)

I am not a plumber, however your questions regarding access and so on are all covered in the regs.

Not a plumber but as far as I can recall, a means of permanent access, flooring and lighting are all required.

I do have my boiler in the attic, moved it up there initially @12yrs ago and replaced it recently with a combi and removed the tank in the hotpress.

My access is a Stairé, my lighting is a single bulb and the flooring is a standard attic particle board.

Advertisement