Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devices not automatically reconnecting when internet goes offline

Options
  • 13-07-2020 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using Virgin media internet and it had an outage on Saturday. Some of my devices automatically reconnect when it comes back up for example Xiaomi Gateway and all its sub devices, Echo show and Yeelight. However others do not, for example, Echo dots, Nest Thermostat, Mi-Light hub, Harmony hub.

I spend hours trying to reconnect the echo dots (2nd and 3rd generation). And have to acces the harmony hub dashboard on my pc and go through the sync process to get it working again.

Ive tried everything that I can find online to try and reconnect the Echo dots and eventually after hours of trying I can get them to reconnect but yet my echo show just automatically reconnects. I'm baffled.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions of what is going on? Is there some setting in the Virgin media hub 3 that should be enabled or disabled.

Thanks.

Advertisement