Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Advice

Options
  • 13-07-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've moved home from abroad a year ago and I'm applying for a mortgage now. However, I heard banks request credit reports from past countries of residence, stupidly I have a 800 dollar TV bill that I didn't pay, apart from this my credit score is okay.

Otherwise, I have a strong application. Could this be a blocker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How will they know you have been living abroad over a year ago? They only ask for something like the it six months back and salary details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Choco_buttons

How will they know you have been living abroad over a year ago? They only ask for something like the it six months back and salary details.

Fair point, I don't know how they would know tbf, but for my current application I stated that I had been living abroad. Maybe I shouldnt of....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭This is it

Does it show on your credit report?

http://www.icb.ie/cr_options.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭wassie

If the source of funds for deposit is still overseas or was earned over there then they may will also require a credit check from the country.

What particular country was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is paying the bill an option or is it distance past? Is it worth the risk if the mortgage is what you really want?

• Advertisement
Advertisement