Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus TUF X570 not booting - red CPU LED solid

Options
  • 13-07-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 3900/2060 Super with the Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi motherboard.

After running perfectly for the guts of a month, it refused to boot this morning, no BIOS. It was showing a solid red CPU LED on the motherboard indicator.

I did the usual reseating of everything and was hoping not to have to remove the cooler & reseat or even replace the CPU. Last thing I checked was the CMOS, I pulled the battery and shorted the jumpers.

That worked, machine now boots. BIOS is factory reset so RAM is clocked down to 2133 instead of 3600.

What's interesting is that a friend of mine with a different Asus motherboard had a similar issue today too, also resolved by CMOS reset.

For now, I need the PC up and running more than I need the RAM at 3600, so I'm leaving it at factory.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2nd Tuesday of the month...............PAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH TUESDAY.

MS dropped patches today. Check windows update for updates recently installed or failed to install. My guess would be you got a microcode update. Microcode is the software a CPU itself runs.

Advertisement