Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir bandwidth throttling

• 13-07-2020 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I have eir fibre, google speed test reckons I am getting 65Mbps download speeds.

I tried to watch NowTV and the site wouldn't load. Other websites would load. I then tried to watch NowTV through a VPN and the site would load perfectly. In fact, with less delay than what I usually would expect. However, the website recognises that I am using a VPN so the video won't load.

Are eir throttling my access to streaming sites? As I type my housemates are streaming netflix in the next room.

I don't understand the ins and outs of the internet market so wiser heads on here might be able to share their insight.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Are you using Eir DNS if so try changing to Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

jspuds wrote: »
    Are you using Eir DNS if so try changing to Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)?

Thanks jspuds, that seems to have helped! Obviously an issue that I was unaware of. Thanks again.

Advertisement