Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder recommendation

Options
  • 13-07-2020 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Please pm me builder recommendations for builder south dublin (not too expensive but reliable) for 40 square metre kitchen extension,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

Just wondering if you got any recommendations for this? Am starting to look now, so all suggestions for good builders welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I just got job done in south dublin - excellent guy but more expensive than others I'd say.

I got quotes as low as €2,600 per sq m but my guy was €3,000 per sq m but im delighted i paid more as 100% happy with the finish and project.

Was a 21sqm extension to back of house.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

No recommendations yet....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

recommendations by PM only. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

I just got job done in south dublin - excellent guy but more expensive than others I'd say.

I got quotes as low as €2,600 per sq m but my guy was €3,000 per sq m but im delighted i paid more as 100% happy with the finish and project.

Great to hear you are happy with the job.

We are looking at a similiar sized extension in South Dublin and want good quality work/high spec. Any chance you could share details if you’d recommend, or a photo of the work?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

narodvale wrote: »
    Great to hear you are happy with the job.

We are looking at a similiar sized extension in South Dublin and want good quality work/high spec. Any chance you could share details if you’d recommend, or a photo of the work?

Thanks in advance

if you PM me ill send you photos

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

€2,600 and €3,000 are the two dearest amounts I’ve ever seen per sq m. Wow.

Obviously the quality of workmanship is crucial but as someone planning renovation and extension in the near future that price is far beyond what I’m hearing or reading.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Kop On wrote: »
    €2,600 and €3,000 are the two dearest amounts I’ve ever seen per sq m. Wow.

Obviously the quality of workmanship is crucial but as someone planning renovation and extension in the near future that price is far beyond what I’m hearing or reading.

Economies of scale ie size of project. Location. Access. Etc all make the m2 cost a pointless way to price anything other +\- 30% ‘ball park‘ stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 XamXam

if you PM me ill send you photos

We are planning a 25sq metre kitchen extension & refurb in south Dublin and would appreciate a PM to you for details, if that’s ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Doing a refurb on my garage/office & Bathroom/Pantry. Have had a couple of builders come out and have a look but none have come back to me with a quote. If you can recommend a reliable builder I's appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bleaks

Also looking for a builder that would take on a small enough job garage conversion in D12 if anyone has any recommendations, cheers.

Or even just a bricklayer, thanks.

Advertisement