Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you store all your documents, photos etc

Options
  • 13-07-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering where you all store your documents, photos, videos etc?

Am trying to organise mine and ICloud isn’t cloud storage service as such. It seems it’s more of a phone back up and picture service from what I gather?

I’m moving pictures etc onto hard drives but trying to figure out where you all back them up to?

Or do you leave them all on iPhone and turn on optimisation so they go to the iCloud? Also if they are on the iCloud how do you get them off the iCloud if the amount of photos is huge and if there is not enough space on a computer? Eg if there is 250GB in the cloud how do you get these downloaded? Very confused over the whole thing and would love guidance 😊

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well, to answer your first question, I've an Office365 sub, so sync it all with OneDrive.

I've never used iCloud or any apple services so not able to answer the second question. But usually a cloud service provides software you can install onto your computer and sets up a folder to sync items from it to the cloud, and from the cloud to your computer. You wouldn't usually have to sync everything. You can setup which folders you want on the computer. So you aren't downloading or uploading too much data.

Advertisement