Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding the Electricity Meter

Options
  • 13-07-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I am renting an apartment in an apartment block in the city centre. I need to get an electricity meter reading and have been told that, as tenant, I need to sort this myself (which is fair enough).

Looking around the common areas, I cannot find anything that obviously looks like an electricity meter.

First image - There are some white boxes on the outside wall of the apartment block, just below the ground floor windows. I think these could have meters inside but I cannot open these.

Second image - There are also a few boxes inside the door, but these look more like fire alarm systems.

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question but do you think any of these might have an electricity meter inside?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

First photo looks too small to be electricity - more likely to be phone or cable. Second photo is definitely the fire panel.

Take a look around outside for a white meter enclosure - it'll be about 70x60cm, and about a metre off the ground. Failing that, they may be located in the common area indoors somewhere, though they'd be pretty easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Usually they are not easily accessible.

The block management will have access. Just give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

Definitely ring the management company. They could be in some unrecognisable location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Farcear wrote: »
    I am renting an apartment in an apartment block in the city centre. I need to get an electricity meter reading and have been told that, as tenant, I need to sort this myself (which is fair enough).

Thanks!
    In my last apartment the meters were all in the basement, behind a locked door, in with equipment for the lift and water pumps etc. If you needed a meter reading you called the managing agent, and they emailed it to you.

Has your landlord given you the contact details of the managing agent for the block?

Advertisement