Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague defrauded in work – who pays?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Strumms wrote: »
    If an employee fûcks up, costs you cash in the manner spoken of, discipline (warning) and retraining in the area where they are not satisfactorily performing.

Charging the employee money out of their wages is a piss poor response. Not good enough by any stretch.. By the same token if the till is up a tenner, should the employee be enabled to pocket the tenner and go home and enjoy a couple of pints ? Or as I’d imagine the employer will WANT and EXPECT to benefit from that kind of genuine oversight but will be unwilling to share the burden of loosing a few quid.

If there is a performance issue with the employee....

August 6th... down 12.40

August 21st... down 23. 60

August 29th... down 14.00

In this months payroll 50 quid is missing from the tills, due to three instances of poor performance .... cameras are checked, no evidence of theft, it’s a performance issue...

Letter of concern / verbal warning

Written warnings

Final written

Termination

Considering the second fraud attempt did not work, seems like an excellent response to me; delivering the desired outcome exactly as intended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

salonfire wrote: »
    Considering the second fraud attempt did not work, seems like an excellent response to me; delivering the desired outcome exactly as intended.

Well considering most retail outlets have a high turnover of staff. It will likely be forgotten about in 6 months to a years time and may happen again.

Advertisement