Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrocoin Xenon parts wanted

Options
  • 14-07-2020 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

ITEM: Electrocoin Xenon Parts
    POST\COLLECTION: Can collect, meet, or pay for postage.
    PRICE: You tell me. My budget is around 100 euro
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal preferred. Cash possible if collecting or meeting.

DESCRIPTION: Does anyone have any Xenon spare parts they might be willing to part with? anything at all :)

Bought a standard Electrocoin Xenon and trying to fix it up. First cabinet so lots to learn! A quick look and the cabinet panels, artwork, CRT and wiring look fine but will know more once there is time to examine everything properly.

The metal work on the front is poor, especially the area around the coin "sills" and the front doors. The left coin insert surround plate is even missing, with a galvanized sheet riveted in to blank it off. Will most likely disassemble and repaint the metal parts but hoping to find replacements to work with rather than trying to duplicate parts in sheet metal.

A pic to show it off!
    20200714-002641.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice I'd also try on UKVAC for parts too.

http://www.ukvac.com/

Doesnt look bad from that photo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,807 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

o1s1n wrote: »

The existing doors will clean up pretty well I'd say. Either powder coating or sanding them yourself, primer and paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice I'd also try on UKVAC for parts too.

http://www.ukvac.com/

Doesnt look bad from that photo

Thanks! I posted on UKVAC as well. I might start a restoration thread here :)

o1s1n wrote: »

Thanks! There are also generic doors with the same dimensions https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-Machine-Cash-Coin-Door-Electrocoin-Goliath-Zenon-Arcade-Machine/293592849789, missing the rectangular ridge in the center though.

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    The existing doors will clean up pretty well I'd say. Either powder coating or sanding them yourself, primer and paint.

Would like to do that along with the other pieces. The doors are fairly warped so it'll take quite a bit of work to put them right.

The cab has an old Irish license "disk" inside the marquee which is neat.

So far the TODO list is looking like:

* Replacement locks for the front doors and marquee
    * Replacement marquee (UKVAC member reached out with an original Unigame marquee)
    * Replacement left-side (or both) coin slot covers
    * Refinish the front doors
    * Recondition the leaf switches
    * Refinish the control panel hinge area

so any and all parts considered! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That's a nice Xenon. How much was it? My next cab will be a Xenon, love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I've two of these and love them. Can't beat the little red joysticks and the leaf buttons with a game of street fighter or final fight.

The cabs are usually very cheap when they do come up as not may people want wooden style cabs. Individual parts etc are expensive though. £30 for a resprayed coin box door on ebay where you might get a full cab for €100.

Where did you get your cab cps_goodbuy?

I've two of these and love them. Can't beat the little red joysticks and the leaf buttons with a game of street fighter or final fight.

The cabs are usually very cheap when they do come up as not may people want wooden style cabs. Individual parts etc are expensive though. £30 for a resprayed coin box door on ebay where you might get a full cab for €100.

Where did you get your cab cps_goodbuy?

It came from Dublin. Bought it for 250 with two games - Major Title II and Raiden II

Debating whether to change Major Title II to R-Type Leo using Gadgetfreak's method.

Now have some spare parts but I would like to restore it properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Trying to decide between reconditioning the leaf switches or replacing them with new leaf switches. Also trying to work out the best way to derust the control panel hinge and whether it should be repainted

@80s Synth Pop - If at all possible, would you take some photos of your two for me? I would love some internal photos. It would help me a great deal for working out what is original and how the insides compare. I'll start a restoration thread and might be fun to have a few polls for making decisions.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure you can even get leaf switch new any more.

Artwork for the xenon is not generally available either. Your control panel overlay for example is original but most repro companies sell the Goliath one. The Goliath cpo fits and many arcade operators did the same but the colours are wrong. The glass bezel is a problem too. Your one is scratched around the word xenon on the bottom left but nobody is selling replacements.

Also consider adding a doing a cap kit on the monitor chassis. It's a hantarex mtc9110.

I can take photos if you need them.

quick before and after:
    499697.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That’s my house in the left photo haha

You must have bought that off me. The other one beside it I did up as a Tetris and it’s in token now.

Artwork for the xenon is not generally available either. Your control panel overlay for example is original but most repro companies sell the Goliath one. The Goliath cpo fits and many arcade operators did the same but the colours are wrong. The glass bezel is a problem too. Your one is scratched around the word xenon on the bottom left but nobody is selling replacements.

Also consider adding a doing a cap kit on the monitor chassis. It's a hantarex mtc9110.

quick before and after:
    499697.jpg

Thanks! Huge difference! and yes please, there are too few photos online of Xenons! The more photos the better! Do they usually have a single coin slot? Mine has the inner coin routes for both sides so I thought this meant it should have two coin mechs.

Regarding the "impossible to replace parts" I'll just have to make the best of the battle damage :)

I'd like to change the caps on the chassis but I'm not confident enough to do it myself..

quick before and after:
    499697.jpg

How did you repaint the metal parts? It looks really clean. Did you sand-prime-paint and what paint do you recommend? or do you know a good powder coater?
    That’s my house in the left photo haha

You must have bought that off me. The other one beside it I did up as a Tetris and it’s in token now.

Now I didn’t fix up the one in the right photo for the record. I sold it as it is in the left ! That was 80sSynthPop that did that.

When I fixed up the other one as a Tetris I just sanded them down then sprayed myself with rattle cans. All the metal parts. Turned out fine. I’m sure there is a thread here about it somewhere.

There are some images here of when I had it on adverts.

https://www.adverts.ie/8181600

Nice! The colours really pop! I haven't been there before but I'll be sure to have a go on it when I do. I see you have both coin slots, do you know if the mechs fed into a single coin board?
    Now I didn’t fix up the one in the right photo for the record. I sold it as it is in the left ! That was 80sSynthPop that did that.

When I fixed up the other one as a Tetris I just sanded them down then sprayed myself with rattle cans. All the metal parts. Turned out fine. I’m sure there is a thread here about it somewhere.

Yes I bought this one from a lovely chap in Athy :D

Metal parts were stripped, sanded, then under coat and resprayed with a two types Rustolem brand of paint. I'll can't recall the exact name but one was a smooth satin finish for the top marquee metal and the other had a dotted splatter effect on the speaker grill and coin doors. I think it was called "hammered finish".

@80s Synth Pop

That was a good bit of work!

How difficult is rotating the monitor? I would like to orientate this horizontally but heard it can be difficult. Is there anything to watch out for?
    Yes I bought this one from a lovely chap in Athy :D

Metal parts were stripped, sanded, then under coat and resprayed with a two types Rustolem brand of paint. I'll can't recall the exact name but one was a smooth satin finish for the top marquee metal and the other had a dotted splatter effect on the speaker grill and coin doors. I think it was called "hammered finish".

@80s Synth Pop

That was a good bit of work!

How difficult is rotating the monitor? I would like to orientate this horizontally but heard it can be difficult. Is there anything to watch out for?

Take the back piece off the cab so you can discharge the monitor https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_discharge_a_monitor (risk of death greater than 0).

Disconnect the molex connectors linking the chassis to the power and jamma harness.

At the front, take out the glass, unscrew the hand turntable black bolts to the left and right top of the monitor frame that hold it in place to the cab sides.

Take the chains off either side and put a pillow on top of the speaker grill

Tilt the monitor slowly face down on to the pillow until it's flat then lift the whole thing out of the cab onto a bench.

Then remove the 4 bolts holding the monitor to the big frame, rotate it 90 degrees and reattach to the frame and reinstall it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Reply to an old question there but you can still buy brand new leaf buttons and sticks.
    I’ve these in my Williams defender and they are brilliant, I’ve also leaf sticks but mine are old skool wicos although groovy game gear also do new leaf sticks
    CLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES.jpg
    https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=359

Thanks for the heads up.

I sourced some new old stock leaf switches that are identical to the ones in my cabinet. The sticks are cherry switches but are metal and have a really good feel.
    Reply to an old question there but you can still buy brand new leaf buttons and sticks.
    I’ve these in my Williams defender and they are brilliant, I’ve also leaf sticks but mine are old skool wicos although groovy game gear also do new leaf sticks
    [img][/img]https://groovygamegear.com/Store_Images/CLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES.jpg
    https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=359

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement