Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom broadband installation period

• 14-07-2020 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I may be able to come over from England the odd week and keep an eye on my dad (he's 90). But I'll need to order the broadband and ensure it works for my job.
    Do you know long they take to install it. Just need to get the timing right.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nod2020

Mine was installed within 3 working days of ordering!

Mentioned I was working from home and needed it asap so not sure if that sped up the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It really depends on where he lives, what the infrastructure around there is like, if there are free "spaces" in the local cabinet, etc.

If everything falls into place, it can be a few days. If there's any glitch, it can take months of frustration. Personally I'd avoid eir, as their customer service is difficult to deal with.

Take a look at https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/ and enter your father's eircode to see what companies are supplying to his area.

Is there anyone local who can arrange to be there to meet the engineer and test out the installation for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diverboy

CinderKone wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I may be able to come over from England the odd week and keep an eye on my dad (he's 90). But I'll need to order the broadband and ensure it works for my job.
    Do you know long they take to install it. Just need to get the timing right.
    Many thanks

The appear to be delayed at the moment. I ordered on 30th of June and it's being installed today. It's installed by KN networks not EIR, they'll contact you in advance and you can reschedule if you need to. I'd recommend ordering and timing the installation for when you're here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭CinderKone

Thanks all. My dad lives in Tralee so maybe it could take a little longer there.

Advertisement