Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance gap

Options
  • 14-07-2020 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Guys

Quick question. I'm selling my car and hoping to buy new car in next month or two. Any idea how gaps like this effect car insurance no claims policy etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A small gap like that won't affect your car insurance no claims policy.
    But do ring and check with your insurer!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sarahzxe wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Quick question. I'm selling my car and hoping to buy new car in next month or two. Any idea how gaps like this effect car insurance no claims policy etc. Thanks

As soon as you sell the car, send the cert. and disc back to your insurance company and ask them to suspend the policy. This will ensure you're not paying for insurance when you don't own a car and will avoid any awkward questions about gaps in cover when you get the new car.

If your insurance is about to expire at the time you sell the car, inform your insurance that you're not renewing because you've sold the car.

Advertisement