Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good to edit video?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not particularly.
    6 core/6 thread CPU, only 8Gb RAM, tiny 128Gb SSD for €1100.

Here's a much better value PC:

Customised Ryzen PC
    6 core/12 thread CPU, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb fast SSD, and an actual graphics card for 45 euro less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

https://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/videoediting

Thanks.What do you think of the power user one at this link

Power User Video Editing Build ($875) second one down in section 1

Are gaming PC's especially suitable for video edit/?

Wouldn't https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/delta-pro/ccl-delta-pro-gt-gaming-pc/ be good too if you doubled the RAM? I am trying to uderstand what is good for video specs

The CCL Delta Pro (your link) and Ryzen Gaming have the same internals (Ryzen Gaming has a better motherboard); and similar to LI's example - prices appear lower since they are in USD & haven't included tax.

You should use 3000MHz or faster RAM with Ryzen.

Also, do NOT "upgrade" to the Samsung 860 QVO 2Tb.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The CCL Delta Pro (your link) and Ryzen Gaming have the same internals (Ryzen Gaming has a better motherboard); and similar to LI's example - prices appear lower since they are in USD & haven't included tax.

You should use 3000MHz or faster RAM with Ryzen.

Also, do NOT "upgrade" to the Samsung 860 QVO 2Tb.
    whats wrong with Samsung 860 QVO 2Tb

1. It's much slower than the "Adata XPG SX8200 Pro" NVMe drives in reads/writes.
    2. It uses QLC flash, which will degrade faster than MLC or TLC flash, especially in write-heavy operations like video editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sbannon09

kellykelly Drop me a message or open your inbox so I can DM you I dont like to self advertise on a public forum.

Sbannon09 wrote: »
    kellykelly Drop me a message or open your inbox so I can DM you I dont like to self advertise on a public forum.
    What are you DMing me? put it here

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    1. It's much slower than the "Adata XPG SX8200 Pro" NVMe drives in reads/writes.
    2. It uses QLC flash, which will degrade faster than MLC or TLC flash, especially in write-heavy operations like video editing.

OK thanks What do you think of the Corsair Carbide Series 88R microATX

i like the little 'window'. 1.08 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzCUUgLf-c says you can change cpu cooler without taking out the MB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ideally you want something with a mesh front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sbannon09

I was enquiring if you were building the PC yourself. Shops are a rip off and I dont like self advertising on threads (I build PCs)

• Advertisement

Unless you're paying the OP you might be a bit undercut by most of us that'll do it for free / beer. Obviously OP pays for parts.

Ideally you want something with a mesh front.
    I like the window. What is a radiator cooler as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves

Is the liquid self contained inside ?

I like the window. What is a radiator cooler as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves

Is the liquid self contained inside ?

You can have window and mesh.

It's what's called a AIO - All In One liquid cooler. Everything is self contained in the unit. Really though they're not needed on something like a R5 3600.

You can have window and mesh.

It's what's called a AIO - All In One liquid cooler. Everything is self contained in the unit. Really though they're not needed on something like a R5 3600.

OK thanks. A window and mesh? On the Corsair Carbide Series 88R microATX, where does the mesh go?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The QVO will last a tenth of the data write that an EVO will.
    Sbannon09 wrote: »
    Howard Old-fashioned Fireman Drop me a message or open your inbox so I can DM you I dont like to self advertise on a public forum.
    Afraid your build will be picked apart?

Advertisement