Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union loan ?

• 14-07-2020 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I have a credit union loan which started last year of €60 every 2 weeks coming out of my AIB account. I just looking at my loan and it says the final payment comes out on 24/06/2020. But €60 has come out of my account today and will probably continue to do so.

Will I just cancel the direct debit from my bank as it looks like the loan has cleared? Anyone else ever in this situation thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I have a credit union loan which started last year of €60 every 2 weeks coming out of my AIB account. I just looking at my loan and it says the final payment comes out on 24/06/2020. But €60 has come out of my account today and will probably continue to do so.

Will I just cancel the direct debit from my bank as it looks like the loan has cleared? Anyone else ever in this situation thanks!

A Wild idea, Ask the credit Union. I know with mine that the direct debits for loans are kind of "stand alone" and not linked to the balance and need to be manually cancelled. Your Credit Union will do this for you, rather than your bank.

Advertisement