Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi at 5am?

Options
  • 14-07-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a taxi at 5am on a weekday in the city centre? Where's the best taxi rank for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a taxi at 5am on a weekday in the city centre? Where's the best taxi rank for this?

I'd prebook using Xpert Taxis if you know your starting point. Have prebooked using Hailo before and youre not guaranteed they arrive on time. Xpert never fail me going to airport. And they take cash or card

http://www.xperttaxis.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Where are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Where are you going?
    Airport (I know, travel should be avoided, but I have to fly somewhere to fix something and really I'm the only one who can do it at the moment).

Or are there any airport buses running at that time of the morning? I read somewhere they'd all been stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Airport (I know, travel should be avoided, but I have to fly somewhere to fix something and really I'm the only one who can do it at the moment).

Or are there any airport buses running at that time of the morning? I read somewhere they'd all been stopped.

41 runs every 30 mins from 0400. Lower Abbey St is the first stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

AhhHere wrote: »
    I'd prebook using Xpert Taxis if you know your starting point. Have prebooked using Hailo before and youre not guaranteed they arrive on time. Xpert never fail me going to airport. And they take cash or card

http://www.xperttaxis.com/

Thanks, Xpert may be wonderful but I've not used them before and I've had some bad experiences prebooking taxis, so I'd feel more comfortable just turning up at a rank if there is one operation at that hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just download the Free Now app and order your taxi a few minutes before you want to be picked up. You'll get one in the city centre within a couple of minutes, 100%. Most ranks will be dead at that time midweek with no clubs open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes you can get a taxi but you would be better to prebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just download the Free Now app and order your taxi a few minutes before you want to be picked up. You'll get one in the city centre within a couple of minutes, 100%. Most ranks will be dead at that time midweek with no clubs open.

This. Loads of drivers available at that time of the morning.

Gael23 wrote: »
    Yes you can get a taxi but you would be better to prebook

Free Now is less reliable when you pre-book. Drivers are more reluctant to collect pre-bookings as it often means a lot of waiting around time without the meter running (expected to arrive early, lots of time people running late).

OP I guarantee you that you will get a taxi quickly with absolutely no issues at 5am in the city centre if you request one through the app just before the time you want to leave. Request one 20 minutes beforehand if you're worried, no harm getting to the airport early.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

Free Now is less reliable when you pre-book. Drivers are more reluctant to collect pre-bookings as it often means a lot of waiting around time without the meter running (expected to arrive early, lots of time people running late).

OP I guarantee you that you will get a taxi quickly with absolutely no issues at 5am in the city centre if you request one through the app just before the time you want to leave. Request one 20 minutes beforehand if you're worried, no harm getting to the airport early.

How will you guarantee it, will you be on standby to bring them? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

VIP Taxis are great for pre-book services.

hurikane wrote: »
    How will you guarantee it, will you be on standby to bring them? :D

Sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robcarr

AhhHere wrote: »

I haven't heard about this app before. I should check out some reviews before using it I guess.

robcarr wrote: »
    I haven't heard about this app before. I should check out some reviews before using it I guess.

It's not called Hailo any more. It's called Free Now. It's been around for years.

Advertisement