Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagram - questionable child images

Options
  • 14-07-2020 3:53pm

I have to post this as I believe instagrams response is disgusting.

There is a page on Instagram which had pictures of very young girls and barely teenagers the photos are of open legs, their bottoms, mouth kissng another child, nipples, part of a breast, a young girl on a water slide on top of a man. I think you get the message. There is no text to explain the photos they’re just photos.

I reported this content and this was the response I got

s7TyPNS.jpg

Could a mod tell me if I can post a link. I really don’t think I’m overreacting and I’m disgusted by instagrams reply.

<Mod edit - deleted identifying information from image>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

Na. If it as you described it should be taken down. Report it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If the pictures didn't go against their guidelines then they can't really remove them.

Then their guidelines need changing!

They’re are no nude photos but they are posted for only one reason in my opinion.

I’m posting the link. Judge for yourself and please report them too if you feel the same way I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah if its anything like what you describe im not clicking sh*t

• Advertisement

Delete the quote Eric I’ve deleted mine too. I shouldn’t be sharing it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly there is some watchdog you can report it to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sorry, this page isn't available.
    The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Go back to Instagram.

Looks like it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I’m posting the link. Judge for yourself and please report them too if you feel the same way I do.

Account is dead, looks like the reporting worked.

Thank god for that. I guess it’s because a good few of my friends all started reporting it but it still doesn’t take away from the fact that instagram were quite happy to leave it up even after looking at the photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Thank god for that. I guess it’s because a good few of my friends all started reporting it but it still doesn’t take away from the fact that instagram were quite happy to leave it up even after looking at the photos.

Yeah if they took it down because a few people complained then they should have taken it down when you did. Hard to comment as I didn't see them but the fact they were taken down suggests you were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I have to post this as I believe instagrams response is disgusting.

There is a page on Instagram which had pictures of very young girls and barely teenagers the photos are of open legs, their bottoms, mouth kissng another child, nipples, part of a breast, a young girl on a water slide on top of a man. I think you get the message. There is no text to explain the photos they’re just photos.

I reported this content and this was the response I got

Could a mod tell me if I can post a link. I really don’t think I’m overreacting and I’m disgusted by instagrams reply.

Nice try Mr. FBI man. I aint clicking on Sh1t. :D

:D Vale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Been through this before, even went to the guards and they said cause Instagram is Facebook they can't and won't do much just keep reporting, someone made a page up with photos of my son for hate and just added all old Indian and Asian men.
    It's disgraceful these pages can be made so easily and last but they do.

Did you get it sorted, rapul?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Did you get it sorted, rapul?

Yeah I did, lots of reporting. Luckily hasnt happened again

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sounds like pretty straightforward modelling shots all over insta and younger people copying them ,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

Asks mods if they can post links to questionable content. Posts links to to questionable content anyways. :rolleyes:

Links deleted. Please don't use boards as your soapbox for issues with content on other sites. As the page in question has been taken down anyways, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement