Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Becoming a little farcical now albeit the notion of any list with restrictions, no insurance and 14 day isolation rules suggests such a list completely pointless, even Leo now suggesting publishing one a bad idea. Talk about the blind leading blind.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

DarHan84 wrote: »
    So essentially they won't cover you if you're abroad, but they will cover the cost of your flights?

If so, that's better than I certainly would have expected.

They won't cover your flights even without Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Becoming a little farcical now albeit the notion of any list with restrictions, no insurance and 14 day isolation rules suggests such a list completely pointless, even Leo now suggesting publishing one a bad idea. Talk about the blind leading blind.

Thats not what he's say at all, just RTE's headline makes it appear that we. See below
    A spokesperson for Mr Varadkar said he believes it is wrong to send out mixed messages about international travel.

He believes there should be a green list, as was previously agreed by the Government.

"But if the travel advice for countries on the green list isn't different to advice for other countries, then we would be better off not having a green list at all."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can anyone publish a list of insurers who are insuring even if there is a DFA advisory against non essential travel to country? From reading back Chill may be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

The real mystery and the real question is why is the public tolerating this nonsense, this government could not have failed more miserably if it tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The_Brood wrote: »
    The real mystery and the real question is why is the public tolerating this nonsense, this government could not have failed more miserably if it tried.

I think at this stage, people aren't taking too much heed of government advice anymore, because this has illustrated how much of it is pure nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

So Mehole says there will be more stringent testing at Dublin Airport ,thats a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Can anyone publish a list of insurers who are insuring even if there is a DFA advisory against non essential travel to country? From reading back Chill may be one.

Chill for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Feria40 wrote: »
    Chill for me anyway.

If you try get a quote from their website it says: From 23:59 on 12 March 2020, Chill Insurance policies will contain a specific exclusion for claims relating to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of these.

Unless you mean excluding getting COVID-19 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shamo wrote: »
    If you try get a quote from their website it says: From 23:59 on 12 March 2020, Chill Insurance policies will contain a specific exclusion for claims relating to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of these.

The EHIC will cover for most medical in Europe and surely the travel insurance has to cover for stuff due to normal reasons.

Obviously if a COVID shutdown leads to losses, youre probably onto a loser but otherwise surely they have to cover normal stuff like lost bags etc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Batesout wrote: »
    So Mehole says there will be more stringent testing at Dublin Airport ,thats a joke.

It is a good idea. The Greek model is great. Risk based combined with random. If a test is given they ask you to self isolate for 24 hours in your hotel and then give you the result. If you do test positive then 14 days isolation. Have even said they will pick up the costs of treatment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dempo1 wrote: »

The Dail is turning into the muppet show!!!!
    Worst government we`ve ever had!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Shamo wrote: »

Yes excluding Covid19 which per the person I spoke with will be the case even when we return to free travel

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The Dail is turning into the muppet show!!!!
    Worst government we`ve ever had!!!!!
    What do you mean turning into the muppet show.
    It always was , just self serving, heads in the trough idiots at our expense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The official stats back the argument, 22nd out of 35 and only 2 places below Spain. Your comment was harsh and unfair to the health professionals working in the system.

Your limited personal info which seems to be based on waiting time which is where Ireland does fall down, doesnt change that it is not "attrocious" nor does one case study. I can google stories about the Spanish system and indeed all the EU systems and find issues with incompetance. I can recount personal stories too but none of that changes the stats based on thousands of case studies by professionals across the board.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this as it’s off topic. I don’t want to reveal too much personal info anyway. I stand over what I said though. Waiting time was only one of the issues.

Best we don’t continue this discussion here as it’s off topic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think at this stage, people aren't taking too much heed of government advice anymore, because this has illustrated how much of it is pure nonsense.

To a degree you’re right but generally speaking most people are against travel from what I’m seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭RoryMac

faceman wrote: »
    To a degree you’re right but generally speaking most people are against travel from what I’m seeing

I'd agree, vast majority of people I've spoken to are against people travelling. Maybe that will change a little when the green list is announced but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Thanks. Aer Lingus are allowing free destination changes at the moment but accept that was not been offered by Ryanair and a fee is reasonable.

Free with ryanair also and this is the second time I’ve changed these flight with no fees

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Free with ryanair also and this is the second time I’ve changed these flight with no fees

do Ryanair allow free change of destination also?

No, only date's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Yep, i originally had nice booked and have changed it to Malta

Unionist Jeffrey Donaldson has said he will seek a 14 day quarentine on people from the Republic of one is imposed on the UK.

Limpy wrote: »
    Unionist Jeffrey Donaldson has said he will seek a 14 day quarentine on people from the Republic of one is imposed on the UK.

Fair enough. We walked ourselves into that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

I think people who are nervous about international travel now want others to feel the same about international travel... So its become a thing between People. Those who stay at home want to over compensate... Those who travel are keeping their plans to themselves.

quote="faceman;114096211"]To a degree you’re right but generally speaking most people are against travel from what I’m seeing[/quote]

Yep... Can't have it both ways!

Fair enough. We walked ourselves into that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Limpy wrote: »

We’re imposing one on GB, not the UK - it’s already in place in fact. Any quarantine Donaldson is proposing would be from the part of the UK not affected by our quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Its not free with ryanair only free for flights booked during July and August if your summer flight was booked before that its a hefty charge to change scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rajqo

This constant delaying of announcing the green list is really awkward. Should have been announced at the similar time than UK's list (which has around 58 countries on it). Ireland doesn't apply quarantine for anyone coming from Northern Ireland, and nobody in Belfast will restrict any travellers flying from country on that green list of UK.

Germans or Spanish visitors can freely fly to Belfast, hire a car and travel anywhere on the island of Ireland without any restrictions or quarantine.

I must somehow agree with Michal O'leary from Ryanair, that the position which assumed Irish government is completely beyond comprehend.

I wonder how their evening discussions are going...

How can we leave Italy Malta and Greece off the list! And encourage home holiday via failte Ireland campaign.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Flying out from Dublin Friday 2 weeks to Portugal.

Flying back to Belfast and get into city and train back to Dundalk.

I exempt from quaranteen? As il have technically entered Ireland from the North? Just asking for the other half's work

Advertisement