Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Keyboard warrior spouting fear and hysteria based on nothing other than a self-righteous, unhealthy hypochondriac attitude.

Case numbers are irrelevant. The same numbers get infected, we just want to manage the cases that need treatment. Our decision makers' utter hypocrisy and inconsistency means, if you have half a brain (and with a username such as yours, I wonder), you just need to look at the data and make your own mind up.

We can't all be tough guys like yourself, bragging on an anonymous message board how you are too cool for school and breaking all the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Honest follow up question, if Finland is on our green list, and Thailand is on Finland's green list (Thailand is on the EU green list), then could one go to Thailand and back, transiting through Finland and not be subject to the quarantine? I'm booked in October, will probably just take the hit but just wondering. Covid 19 didn't exist when I booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

ted1 wrote: »
    The Costa will have very little Spanish and a lot of British. These are the British who don’t get tested and will have it. So the results will be skewed

Yes it’s a back door, I can guarantee you that Ryanair and Aer Lingus are looking to secure landing slots as we speak

At the moment the Costa (as you call it) has shag all tourist's of any hue. And even if a heap of our UK cousins do arrive there so what?

You will also know that on the 'Costa' masks are now mandatory regardless of whether you are inside or outside an establishment and unlike here these things are actually being policed seriously over there.

As for the landing slots in Gibraltar give me a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

We can't all be tough guys like yourself, bragging on an anonymous message board how you are too cool for school and breaking all the rules.

Breaking the rules? Jesus christ, can you please show me data that indicates we are in a bad situation? Otherwise stop talking ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Feria40 wrote: »
    Leaving the morals aside (just say) is someone really going to go through your flight history if you only put your country of departure down as Finland on the locator form?

If you’re just transiting, you never actually enter Finland. So your country of origin is Thailand in this example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Don't forget that this green list is not set in stone. Even if there is no uproar over the coming few days (unlikely), it will be changed in 2 weeks time, and again a further two weeks after that. Which I assume might still be before you return. Greece might be on it now, but might not in the next version.

If it's on the list when I leave that's a risk I'm willing to take

If you’re just transiting, you never actually enter Finland. So your country of origin is Thailand in this example

I'd be interested in seeing the wording of the form you need to fill in on arrival, surely they ask for the original destination?

Couldn't you just walk out of arrivals and back into departures if you have a few hours layover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'd be interested in seeing the wording of the form you need to fill in on arrival, surely they ask for the original destination?

If you Google "passenger locator form Ireland".

Dfa advice is not to make non essential travel

That is correct. Nobody said that. Or what I think you meant to say which is that "It is not the DFA advice to refrain from non-essential travel"

Public Health advice is however not to travel.

DFA are not responsible for public health. They will give you advice on situations in other countries.

• Advertisement

If you Google "passenger locator form Ireland".

Just checked that out, form doesn't exactly make it clear you need to enter original departure point as opposed to putting in the last departure point. Another fück up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Honest follow up question, if Finland is on our green list, and Thailand is on Finland's green list (Thailand is on the EU green list), then could one go to Thailand and back, transiting through Finland and not be subject to the quarantine? I'm booked in October, will probably just take the hit but just wondering. Covid 19 didn't exist when I booked.

You're focusing on the wrong problem. You can't get into Thailand at the moment. They're talking about a gradual opening of the borders but to other Asian countries first. I'd say you've about a 20% chance of being allowed to enter in October and even then under heavy restrictions.

I'm supposed to be going to that part of the world in mid November and reckon there's almost no chance it'll be worth travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

If you fly from NI to a country not on our green list but on their list would you still be required to isolate when arriving back?

You're focusing on the wrong problem. You can't get into Thailand at the moment. They're talking about a gradual opening of the borders but to other Asian countries first. I'd say you've about a 20% chance of being allowed to enter in October and even then under heavy restrictions.

I'm supposed to be going to that part of the world in mid November and reckon there's almost no chance it'll be worth travelling.

I presumed he was getting out of Thailand

Is the public health advice not to travel? The wording I'm seeing about green list countries is "take normal precautions"

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0721/1154621-coronavirus-travel/

The National Public Health Emergency Team advice remains against all non-essential foreign travel, regardless of whether a country is on the green list or not.

Couldn't you just walk out of arrivals and back into departures if you have a few hours layover?

The Finns take this stuff seriously. Some clown wandering through immigration and back in the middle of a pandemic will attract attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That is correct. Nobody said that. Or what I think you meant to say which is that "It is not the DFA advice to refrain from non-essential travel"

No, I clearly stated what the dfa advice. Which is to refrain from non essential travel.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/
    “ Avoid non-essential travel until further notice”

Their advice explicitly differs than what you say

I presumed he was getting out of Thailand

He says 'go to Thailand and back'.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    If you fly from NI to a country not on our green list but on their list would you still be required to isolate when arriving back?

Of course you would be supposed to.

You could always stay up the North though for the 14 days and then come down.

EB_2013 wrote: »

Yes, that is unless you stay 14 days in NI, basically if you’ve been a non green list country you need to isolate for 14 days. We don’t have pubs, we are wearing face masks ,800,000 people were made unemployed, don’t prolong it be being a duck looking for loop holes

• Advertisement

The Finns take this stuff seriously. Some clown wandering through immigration and back in the middle of a pandemic will attract attention.

Thanks for the abuse, like i said I'm just pointing out the holes in this and more than likely am going to take the hit on the trip. And I've often left an airport during a long transfer, there's absolutely nothing unusual about that.

No, I clearly stated what the dfa advice. Which is to refrain from non essential travel.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/
    “ Avoid non-essential travel until further notice”

Their advice explicitly differs than what you say

Sorry. I misread your post. I never looked at the DFA advice. I was only going on what another poster said. I wasn't concerned with what they say tbh. Public health advice is more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I'm not planning on travelling, just wondering out of sheer curiosity. The 14 day quarentine, last I heard they wasn't making it legally enforceable, does this mean it is legally enforeable now? Or if someone doesn't want to they simply don't have to.

Thanks for the abuse, like i said I'm just pointing out the holes in this and more than likely am going to take the hit on the trip. And I've often left an airport during a long transfer, there's absolutely nothing unusual about that.

Well the hole in the system is that you aren't locked up upon arrival to do your 14 days quarantine.

The person who wants to avoid doing the quarantine by walking out through immigration in Finland and walking back in can just as easily avoid it by filling out the contact form in Dublin airport on arrival and then ignoring it once they leave the airport.

I wasn't concerned with what they say tbh. Public health advice is more relevant.

Extremely poor attitude, when you are abroad and the sh1t hits the fans, it’s the dfa and their embassies that you will rely on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

I'm not planning on travelling, just wondering out of sheer curiosity. The 14 day quarentine, last I heard they wasn't making it legally enforceable, does this mean it is legally enforeable now? Or if someone doesn't want to they simply don't have to.

I would wonder the same but my guess is that it's highly unlikely. It will remain advisable rather than mandatory so as not to totally piss off the EU.

It's farcical anyway given that people can travel via the north and given that all other EU countries have removed it.

Extremely poor attitude, when you are abroad and the sh1t hits the fans, it’s the dfa and their embassies that you will rely on

The remark was obviously made in the context of people deciding on whether to travel on holidays given the current pandemic - a person shouldn't be going and looking at the DFA website to try to find justification for going on their holiday.

Should I get banged up in prison in some foreign land, I will no doubt be contacting the DFA rather than Ronan Glynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What exactly do you think they will do for you?
    At most they'll only be able to arrange a temporary passport for you.
    If you got all your money and stuff stolen, they'll just direct you to the nearest western union and let your family know where to send money to.

What exactly do you think they will do for you?
    At most they'll only be able to arrange a temporary passport for you.
    If you got all your money and stuff stolen, they'll just direct you to the nearest western union and let your family know where to send money to.

Well when I broke my leg in naxos,they arranged hospital treatment, transfer to Athens , hospital In Athens and then a transfer home for an operation

When I started doing business abroad they Orgsnised local offices , translators and a network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Alot has happened in 4 hours!! Greenland??

Has anyone travelled thru greece recently... Are they doing covid tests on arrival? Dfa site suggests they are, just wondering...

Advertisement