Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Minier81 wrote: »
    No definition of essential travel!

I would wonder how legal it is. I suspect it aims only to deter. And I say that as someone with no intention to travel for til mid 2021 so it doesn't affect me.

There was an article in one of the papers today/yesterday and Donnelly did say what essential travel was. I’m paraphrasing but it was 3 things. Essential work, caring for family and something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

faceman wrote: »
    There was an article in one of the papers today/yesterday and Donnelly did say what essential travel was. I’m paraphrasing but it was 3 things. Essential work, caring for family and something else

A holiday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

At last some clarification from the DFA website

https://www.dfa.ie/

Important Travel Advice Update

General COVID-19 Travel Advisory in Operation:

General advice to avoid non-essential travel and ‘Normal Precautions’ list of exemptions:

In accordance with Government policy, which is based on official public health advice, the Department of Foreign Affairs continues to advise against non-essential travel overseas. This includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland. It also includes all travel by cruise ship. However, as of 21 July, travel to a very limited set of locations is exempted from this advice. The security status for those locations to which non-essential travel can resume has been changed to ‘normal precautions’ (“green”) rating. Individuals arriving in Ireland from these locations will not be required to restrict their movements on arrival. These locations are:

Cyprus
    Estonia
    Finland
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Greenland
    Hungary
    Italy
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Malta
    Norway
    Monaco
    San Marino
    Slovakia
    Inclusion on the list is based on the current epidemiological situation and related public health information in each location. The list and related travel advice will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis, based on advice from officials including public health experts. Any updates or changes will be made in line with Government decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-only-4-100-calls-made-to-check-up-on-60-000-arrivals-to-dublin-airport-1.4311056?mode=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

On the first 2 weeks of July, the figures show that of 61,844 arriving passengers, the Border Management Unit (who are the ones following up on the passenger locator forms) took a sample of 6,195. Of that figure, some 1,974 were exempt from follow-up as they were transiting to Northern Ireland, or in the State for less than two days, according to the reply.

Of the remaining 4,121 who were called, 2,129 were answered.

In case anyone was still worried about flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-only-4-100-calls-made-to-check-up-on-60-000-arrivals-to-dublin-airport-1.4311056?mode=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

On the first 2 weeks of July, the figures show that of 61,844 arriving passengers, the Border Management Unit (who are the ones following up on the passenger locator forms) took a sample of 6,195. Of that figure, some 1,974 were exempt from follow-up as they were transiting to Northern Ireland, or in the State for less than two days, according to the reply.

Of the remaining 4,121 who were called, 2,129 were answered.

In case anyone was still worried about flying!

Surprised that many picked up TBH - I certainly won't be

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

In a previous job I had, there was one person who prided himself on always coming to work, even if he was dying of something like the flu. He couldn't get it into his head that he shouldn't be coming in when sick and spreading it. He thought he was doing a great thing and being a hero if he arrived into the office coughing and spluttering and dying of the flu. He also used to make sure to go around to everyone and make it obvious how sick he was - presumably so that in his head he assumed that they would think "wow, fair play to him for coming into work. That's dedication".

Everyone else just thought he was being a selfish arsehole.

You might be able to find some legal way to challenge an employer directive and prevent them from making you take extra leave, but most other people in your work will think you are that arsehole. And on the off chance that you do bring corona in, it would never be forgotten.

We all agree he would be an ass.

Don't lump us into the same category as him. Are you a public sector manager? All your trying to do is shame people who wish to holiday, in most cases to a country safer then Ireland (risk of getting Covid).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Prof Emer Shelley from Royal College of Physicians in media saying travel to a green list country is still dangerous.

Surely by that logic she should also say travelling within Ireland is also dangerous given most of the green list countries have less C19 than Ireland?

Prof Emer Shelley from Royal College of Physicians in media saying travel to a green list country is still dangerous.

Surely by that logic she should also say travelling within Ireland is also dangerous given most of the green list countries have less C19 than Ireland?

Travel to Dublin and Kildare is very dangerous for anyone and should be avoided by all. Those already there should be forced to quarantine in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Walking down your stairs is 'dangerous'.

Why are these people being given airtime to pontificate their nonsense?

Because they’re the experts, unlike most Boards posters who think they’re the experts.

• Advertisement

These dudes are the Dean Rock's of the Media industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did you book? I'm curious
    I originally booked it beginning of this year but changed flights around march/april when lockdown started. Had to pay a fee then ( around 90) just for flight difference fee but not they are looking for big change flights fees ( 500)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Apologies if this has been posted already, but just incase, I'll repeat this regarding travelling to Greece, as I've seen a few posts on fb about people not realising they need to fill out a PLF, submit it 48 hours before travel in order to receive a QR code 24 hours before travel, which you need to show on arrival in Greece (on your phone, or printed). Failure can result in fines (also some people in the UK were not allowed board their flights as they hadn't followed this procedure). More info can be found here https://travel.gov.gr

For anyone travelling, enjoy every minute. We have decided to change our planned Greek flights to next year, due to ill health in our family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

RubyK wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted already, but just incase, I'll repeat this regarding travelling to Greece, as I've seen a few posts on fb about people not realising they need to fill out a PLF, submit it 48 hours before travel in order to receive a QR code 24 hours before travel, which you need to show on arrival in Greece (on your phone, or printed). Failure can result in fines (also some people in the UK were not allowed board their flights as they hadn't followed this procedure). More info can be found here https://travel.gov.gr

For anyone travelling, enjoy every minute. We have decided to change our planned Greek flights to next year, due to ill health in our family.

Thanks Ruby. We aren't going until September so it may have changed by then - for the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Does anybody have a figure for the COVID rate in mainland France?

Thanks

On the Irish passenger locate form if your tick the exemption box (Travelling to North) you don't have to fill out any tracing details. So in theory you don't even have to fly from a green country to avoid quarentine/ restricted movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Limpy wrote: »
    We all agree he would be an ass.

Don't lump us into the same category as him. Are you a public sector manager? All your trying to do is shame people who wish to holiday, in most cases to a country safer then Ireland (risk of getting Covid).

Just pointing out that if you do go and somehow bypass or ignore controls, then it is likely that at least some of your work colleagues who will be pissed off if/when they find out

On the Irish passenger locate form if your tick the exemption box (Travelling to North) you don't have to fill out any tracing details. So in theory you don't even have to fly from a green country to avoid quarentine/ restricted movements.

It's not a loophole genius. You are supposed to quarantine. Someone who lies by ticking the box might as well fill it out correctly, leave the airport and just not quarantine. It's the same thing.

Just pointing out that if you do go and somehow bypass or ignore controls, then it is likely that at least some of your work colleagues who will be pissed off if/when they find out

If I'm not breaking any law's I don't owe anybody an apology. F the begrudgers.

If Miroslav can travel freely around Schengen and then travel to Ireland from Slovakia, why should I feel any guilt.

It's not a loophole genius. You are supposed to quarantine. Someone who lies by ticking the box might as well fill it out correctly, leave the airport and just not quarantine. It's the same thing.

If you click the box.and travel to the North, then you have not lied.

Tell me how that is lying?. Passengers are not asked how long they will go there.

Your acting like people need to tell you where there Going. Get a grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks Ruby. We aren't going until September so it may have changed by then - for the better :)

From reading peoples reports on arrival into Greece, it's all running smoothly as it is. Enjoy the hols, would only love to be going. My favourite country to holiday in :)

If I'm not breaking any law's I don't owe anybody an apology. F the begrudgers.

If Miroslav can travel freely around Schengen and then travel to Ireland from Slovakia, why should I feel any guilt.

Why are you talking about guilt?

If you do it, and your colleagues find out, some will think you are an arsehole for doing it.

You can always put your theory to the test of you do it - arrive into work the next day after returning and then a few days later let them know you are just back from Spain and see how you get on.

(And your Miroslav example is also incorrect. You do not "wipe clean" by coming via a "green list" airport. I don't know why you are still getting confused on that. He'd also be supposed to quarantine)

In a previous job I had, there was one person who prided himself on always coming to work, even if he was dying of something like the flu. He couldn't get it into his head that he shouldn't be coming in when sick and spreading it. He thought he was doing a great thing and being a hero if he arrived into the office coughing and spluttering and dying of the flu. He also used to make sure to go around to everyone and make it obvious how sick he was - presumably so that in his head he assumed that they would think "wow, fair play to him for coming into work. That's dedication".

Everyone else just thought he was being a selfish arsehole.

You might be able to find some legal way to challenge an employer directive and prevent them from making you take extra leave, but most other people in your work will think you are that arsehole. And on the off chance that you do bring corona in, it would never be forgotten.

Not being sick and made take extra leave or unpaid is the issue. When you are sick you get sick pay. If they pay you to stay at home, that's fine

Worst cheat EVER 😂

Why are you talking about guilt?

If you do it, and your colleagues find out, some will think you are an arsehole for doing it.

You can always put your theory to the test of you do it - arrive into work the next day after returning and then a few days later let them know you are just back from Spain and see how you get on.

(And your Miroslav example is also incorrect. You do not "wipe clean" by coming via a "green list" airport. I don't know why you are still getting confused on that. He'd also be supposed to quarantine)

Show me where it says he needs to qaurantine?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Anybody hearing whats the latest from Lanzarote was reading that confirmed case with British Tourist/s,

If you click the box.and travel to the North, then you have not lied.

Tell me how that is lying?. Passengers are not asked how long they will go there. a

Your acting like people need to tell you where there Going. Get a grip.

I think it's kinda funny at this stage that you are still so confused.

The core issue is a civic responsibility rather than a legal issue.

I'll refer you again to my example of the arsehole would come into work coughing and spluttering. He shouldn't have done that but wasn't breaking any laws in doing so.

I have this funny image of you getting off the plane, ticking the NI box and then driving up to Belfast and back and thinking you outsmarted someone. If you just fill out the form correctly, drive home and want to ignore your civic responsibilities then you can simply ignore the restrictions - there isn't going to be a guard posted outside your door.

I think it's kinda funny at this stage that you are still so confused.

The core issue is a civic responsibility rather than a legal issue.

I'll refer you again to my example of the arsehole would come into work coughing and spluttering. He shouldn't have done that but wasn't breaking any laws in doing so.

I have this funny image of you getting off the plane, ticking the NI box and then driving up to Belfast and back and thinking you outsmarted someone. If you just fill out the form correctly, drive home and want to ignore your civic responsibilities then you can simply ignore the restrictions - there isn't going to be a guard posted outside your door.

Here we again let's shame people.

If someone travels around Schengen, behaving as they would in Ireland. Then travel to Ireland as an EU citizen, they are not breaking any law. They are not shamed in Schengen by doing this, why should they feel shamed coming to Ireland?

Your dodging the question I asked you.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

2nd building site shuts in Dublin joint venture between John Sisk & FCC a Spanish construction company, wait for the that's why Spain is not on the Green list brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Here we again let's shame people.

If someone travels around Schengen, behaving as they would in Ireland. Then travel to Ireland as an EU citizen, they are not breaking any law. They are not shamed in Schengen by doing this, why should they feel shamed coming to Ireland?

Your dodging the question I asked you.

It isn’t lying, but in the case of someone arriving into Dublin airport, then going directly into NI, and then directly returning to Ireland, purely to avoid having to follow the government’s request to restrict your movements, it’s not showing much civic responsibility towards the rest of us.

People are free to travel around Schengen. The difference is that our government has asked people to restrict their movements on arrival (except for the green list). Public health is a matter for each individual nation and each government is free to implement rules as they see fit in the area.

For the record, I’ve absolutely no issue with anyone going on holiday.

The Irish government and the public health team are asking us to work together as a society and abide by their requests. I just happen to think that’s the right thing to do.

It’s not about shaming anyone, it’s about us all working together as a society.

Advertisement