Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Look, I can understand that for some, sitting on that beach with one-Euro cans of beer might be the highlight of their year and the limit of their ambition. And yes, of course they might be worried that they might miss out next year should airlines get into trouble and those flights move up to 59.99 Euro. I understand that.

Your idea of what foreign travel involves says far more about you than the people you are attempting to troll.

If that genuinely is the extent of your imagination as to what you can get up to on a foreign jaunt, I would suggest the experience would be entirely wasted on you and your decision to spend the next number of years hiding in your bedroom is looking more prudent by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Among other issues, the President of the Irish Airline Pilots Association was today critical of the Irish government decision to exclude the Canary Islands from the green list:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0724/1155349-unions-warn-of-aviation-job-losses/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The Green List is a bit if a sham. It penalised likes of Germany who have handled Covid best in Europe bar few meat factory clusters

Reckon itll make updated list in 2 weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

The Green List is a bit if a sham. It penalised likes of Germany who have handled Covid best in Europe bar few meat factory clusters

Reckon itll make updated list in 2 weeks though

Hope so, I'm hoping to be there in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Finland which is doing well is deploying a below 8 per 100k 14 day infection limit, rising to 10 per 100k if epidemiology changes per 2 weeks, so if your 7.4 this week and rise to 8.7 in 2 weeks your in but if go above 10 you are out

New entrants to list must be below 8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Spain has rocketed to 34.6 and Portugal to 39.9 cases per 100,000 in the past few days. There's no way it'll be on any Green List any time soon and anyone intending on travelling there for a holiday is an idiot. It'll be back in lockdown in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands seem like the only countries with a hope of being added any time soon. And Liechtenstein which have actually dropped below us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

nobody is talking about lockdown on the Irish context here. The thread is about people who still think that their 39.99 Euro Ryanair flight to the Costa del Sol is the most pressing issue at this point in time.

Look, I can understand that for some, sitting on that beach with one-Euro cans of beer might be the highlight of their year and the limit of their ambition. And yes, of course they might be worried that they might miss out next year should airlines get into trouble and those flights move up to 59.99 Euro. I understand that. .

To be fair Trumpy this is pretty condending

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

xtradel wrote: »
    Hope so, I'm hoping to be there in September!

Was in Berlin very recently.
    Masks worn by all in public places like shops and public transport.

People outdoors and enjoying life.

Leaving the most advanced country in the EU off the “Green list” ludicrous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Spain has rocketed to 34.6 and Portugal to 39.9 cases per 100,000 in the past few days. There's no way it'll be on any Green List any time soon and anyone intending on travelling there for a holiday is an idiot. It'll be back in lockdown in a week or two.

Thanks for another look into your crystal ball, mystic meg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah supposed to go to Spain in 3 weeks but just hoping the travel company is sound and does a refund or a credit note. Would be silly to go there off the green list or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feria40 wrote: »
    To be fair Trumpy this is pretty condending

Condending covfefe

Your idea of what foreign travel involves says far more about you than the people you are attempting to troll.

If that genuinely is the extent of your imagination as to what you can get up to on a foreign jaunt, I would suggest the experience would be entirely wasted on you and your decision to spend the next number of years hiding in your bedroom is looking more prudent by the minute.

It wouldn't be a particular interest of mine to go and sit on a Spanish beach drinking cheap beer.

As I mentioned earlier, some people might get a bit more ambition than that. But for others, you have to explain to them in a language that they'll understand. There seems to be a large overlap between those who want to go on their "holliers" now regardless and those who want to go to those type of destinations.

That's fair enough and acceptable for them if they want to do that in a normal year.

Green list or not for now, the public health advice/request is to stay at home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jaysus lads. I disappear for a day and I come back to linguist splitting hairs on what the philosophical meaning of the green list is! :D

Update from Spain. Cases in Malaga/Andalusia are stabilising as I expected. The virus just can’t spread long term like it did before

Word on the street is the Canaries is a bit of a ghost town

The British updated their green list. Spain remains on it, no sign of Portugal though

Madrid had a public pop at Barcelona in the press, without naming them. During the “state of alarm” lockdown regional governments, especially Barcelona believed it should have been handled at local level and restrictions too strict. Madrid said today that the second wave being mishandled by certain regions was proof Madrid did the right thing all along

They’ve squashed any talk of a national lockdown btw just in case anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Tenzor07 wrote:
    Leaving the most advanced country in the EU off the “Green list†ludicrous!

Well it will get somewhat ridiculous and unfeasible if you think a region by region basis, inside Germany, is the way to go. How could we control that?

They (the govt.) use a metric which seems to be taken up elsewhere, and if they stick with it then fairs fair.
    Who cares that they wear masks everywhere....if the virus is more prevalent there then its more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

no.8 wrote: »
    Well it will get somewhat ridiculous and unfeasible if you think a region by region basis, inside Germany, is the way to go. How could we control that?

They (the govt.) use a metric which seems to be taken up elsewhere, and if they stick with it then fairs fair.
    Who cares that they wear masks everywhere....if the virus is more prevalent there then its more prevalent.

It’s a country of 83 million, Berlin is a city with a population almost as much as Ireland and hasn’t had high numbers of infections.. To not have that country on this special list doesn’t make sense, even when the man on the telly says so...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

If there was massive public health concern, there simply would not be a green list.

quote="Donald Trump;114126417"]It wouldn't be a particular interest of mine to go and sit on a Spanish beach drinking cheap beer.

As I mentioned earlier, some people might get a bit more ambition than that. But for others, you have to explain to them in a language that they'll understand. There seems to be a large overlap between those who want to go on their "holliers" now regardless and those who want to go to those type of destinations.

That's fair enough and acceptable for them if they want to do that in a normal year.

Green list or not for now, the public health advice/request is to stay at home.[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Thanks for another look into your crystal ball, mystic meg

It’ll be shoved up your hole soon enough Care Bear.

LilyShame wrote: »
    If there was massive public health concern, there simply would not be a green list.

It wouldn't be a particular interest of mine to go and sit on a Spanish beach drinking cheap beer.

Green list or not for now, the public health advice/request is to stay at home.

Perhaps you should contact NPHET and explain to them why they are wrong. Then we can all go back to how it was before February

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know what I declare at the bottom of this attachment?

Rest of it straight forward but the bottom section is a bit confusing.

Do I declare that Im going to sit on a beach and drink €1.00 cans of beer?Do I declare that Ive decided to holiday in Italy because of rip off Irish prices? Do I declare that I couldn't give a fiddlers about the figures here in Ireland that I believe are being massaged to make things look worse??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

What are the chances of regions being added to the green list at this stage I wonder. Most of Ireland is closer to Madrid than Las Palmas is for example. Seems a bit daft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

What are the chances of regions being added to the green list at this stage I wonder. Most of Ireland is closer than Madrid than Las Palmas is for example. Seems a bit daft

I'd say it's very unlikely to happen. I was due to fly to Alicante 2nd week in August and while I felt it would be safe there it would be a non-runner in work with 14 days of quarantine when I got back.

Spain as a whole looks way off getting onto the green list so I've changed my flights to Malta and praying they don't see a big increase

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Did you see that Britain removed Spain (including its islands) from their green list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

So anybody arrived into the airport recently.

You hand in the locater form to immigration and show your passport? Anything more to it than that, do they ask for boarding passes and the likes?

Anybody arrived since the green list?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Minier81 wrote: »
    Did you see that Britain removed Spain (including its islands) from their green list?

Would be interesting to see how many of the passengers travel south after disembarking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

So anybody arrived into the airport recently.

You hand in the locater form to immigration and show your passport? Anything more to it than that, do they ask for boarding passes and the likes?

Anybody arrived since the green list?

Thanks

Why would they want boarding passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Why would they want boarding passes?

To confirm where you arriving from? Im just thinking if you are arriving in around the time of a flight on the green list, anybody could just put down that point of departure on the form etc..

To confirm where you arriving from? Im just thinking if you are arriving in around the time of a flight on the green list, anybody could just put down that point of departure on the form etc..

Why would you bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I presume you don't have to fill in the form if you arrive from Donegal or Kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

What are the chances of regions being added to the green list at this stage I wonder. Most of Ireland is closer to Madrid than Las Palmas is for example. Seems a bit daft

The Canaries are probably one of the safest places at present. However decoupling them from Spain would not suit the government here as it is such a big destination for the Irish and if they want to keep people at home for the rest of the year then they will keep the Canaries off any future changes to the list.

Advertisement