Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

With checks being done by Social Welfare officers in relation to the COVID payment, if these officers are in the area after security, technically you are in transit so not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

Are they seriously treating Ibiza same as mainland Spain? This doesn’t make any sense and will ruin holiday plans for many despite minimal risk in Ibiza :/
    Im pretty sure in the Uk Baleares are excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Batesout wrote: »
    With checks being done by Social Welfare officers in relation to the COVID payment, if these officers are in the area after security, technically you are in transit so not in Ireland.

Do they have your name and flight number or how are they identifying people? Just curious seeing as different departments seem to be completely incapable of communicating with each other how this 'slick' operation is being handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Been keeping an eye on the ecdc statistics... A few green listers have gone up in the last day or so. How do they calculate the 14 day rolling cases exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

LilyShame wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on the ecdc statistics... A few green listers have gone up in the last day or so. How do they calculate the 14 day rolling cases exactly?

Divide the population by 100k. i.e. get the number of "100k"s in that country.

Then add up all the new cases over the last 14 days

Divide the second figure by the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

uli84 wrote: »
    Are they seriously treating Ibiza same as mainland Spain? This doesn’t make any sense and will ruin holiday plans for many despite minimal risk in Ibiza :/
    Im pretty sure in the Uk Baleares are excluded

Not quite true.

They are not being treated separately from mainland Spain in the UK with regard to the requirement to enter 14 days self-isolation on returning.

They are being treated separately from mainland Spain in terms of Foreign Office travel advice - the islands are not on the list of countries to which travel is advised against.

The UK & Spanish governments are currently in discussion about treating the islands separately with regard to the self-isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Thinking of going to Latvia in a few weeks.
    Anyone else travelling anywhere on the green list?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Will be in Portugal in a private villa in September. Because I want to.

I have no interest spending the same money, actually more on accommodation here to put on my waterproofs or carry clothes for all seasons to eat overpriced cafe/pub/restaurant food.

If we don’t get in September that’s fine. We’ll stay put. But if I can go I will, which you are saying is the view of the minority. I’d disagree that the narrative has changed and most people don’t care if you go away, but it seems to bother you.

No ones talking about kip holes like benidorm or costa del sol, some of us are going to remote areas of other countries that would resemble Kerry or cork here in terms of crowds.

Glendalough, cuilcagh mountain, cliffs of moher , slieve league, are all lovely and great national treasures but for me they’re day trips and nothing more which can be done at any time of the year, maybe in the winter when foreign travel in Europe is lower temperatures.

I would say that is a “normal person” point of view, without being a can slugging bargain hunter “as long as we get to the sun”.

That ok for you Donald?

Same here. Writing this from remote, rural France. Private house, sun and pool. Absolutely no contact with others outside our own family unit. Skipping the markets and tourist spots as a precaution. This part of France has been ‘green’ from the outset, far from the troubles of Paris, French Guiana and Mayotte that leaves France’s COVID numbers looking higher than home. Travelled over on a ferry devoid of passengers, and will restrict movements on return, senseless as that is in reality as we are happily ‘quarantined’ here since we arrived. But it’ll keep the curtain twitchers happy to restrict movements. Anything for a quiet life in the midst of all the hysteria.... This is not much different from our normal holiday. Not every holiday is about cheap beer on the Costa. There is such a thing as traveling responsibly, just like drinking responsibly. I don’t expect NPHET to make different advice for all the different possibilities in terms of travel, but as far as I can see now there are more cases arising from irresponsible behaviour than travel whether domestic or abroad. We can stay at home and act irresponsibly or we can do it abroad. We can also behave responsibly at home or abroad. It’s our behaviour that counts, not our location.

Ladylouth wrote: »
    Same here. Writing this from remote, rural France. Private house, sun and pool. Absolutely no contact with others outside our own family unit. Skipping the markets and tourist spots as a precaution. This part of France has been ‘green’ from the outset, far from the troubles of Paris, French Guiana and Mayotte that leaves France’s COVID numbers looking higher than home. Travelled over on a ferry devoid of passengers, and will restrict movements on return, senseless as that is in reality as we are happily ‘quarantined’ here since we arrived. But it’ll keep the curtain twitchers happy to restrict movements. Anything for a quiet life in the midst of all the hysteria.... This is not much different from our normal holiday. Not every holiday is about cheap beer on the Costa. There is such a thing as traveling responsibly, just like drinking responsibly. I don’t expect NPHET to make different advice for all the different possibilities in terms of travel, but as far as I can see now there are more cases arising from irresponsible behaviour than travel whether domestic or abroad. We can stay at home and act irresponsibly or we can do it abroad. We can also behave responsibly at home or abroad. It’s our behaviour that counts, not our location.

Well, you see, that is fine for you, you being a special case and all. And as you say, the ferries were not busy etc.

The problem is that when the other, non-special people, get notions into their head that they are also as special as you, then they might want to go as well and suddenly the ferries are packed.

Perhaps your work colleague Mary who is back in Ireland, after cancelling her own trip abroad, hears that you went anyway, and she mistakenly thinks that she is also as special as you. So then she heads off somewhere. And then Mary's sister Anne who again mistakenly thinks that she is as special as Mary or even your good self decides "I'm not going to make any sacrifice. Sure Mary was allowed to go".

Anyway, as I said, the world is full of selfish people and the rest will have to compensate by making more sacrifices.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Well, you see, that is fine for you, you being a special case and all. And as you say, the ferries were not busy etc.

The problem is that when the other, non-special people, get notions into their head that they are also as special as you, then they might want to go as well and suddenly the ferries are packed.

Perhaps your work colleague Mary who is back in Ireland, after cancelling her own trip abroad, hears that you went anyway, and she mistakenly thinks that she is also as special as you. So then she heads off somewhere. And then Mary's sister Anne who again mistakenly thinks that she is as special as Mary or even your good self decides "I'm not going to make any sacrifice. Sure Mary was allowed to go".

Anyway, as I said, the world is full of selfish people and the rest will have to compensate by making more sacrifices.

Hey Donald, thanks. You’re probably right, of course. In fact you’re probably more right than anybody else in the world EVER!

I am special, correct. So is Mary, so is Anne. So are you! I can only take responsibility for my own behaviour, though. Not Mary’s nor Anne’s nor yours. COVID spreads through contact with others, which we have conscientiously avoided (and others can too if they choose).

Some people find it easier to have their choices made for them, others are capable of making responsible choices themselves. Whatever works for you is good with me.

Have a lovely evening. I’ll send your best wishes to Mary and Anne when I get back. ❤️

• Advertisement

Ladylouth wrote: »
    Hey Donald, thanks. You’re probably right, of course. In fact you’re probably more right than anybody else in the world EVER!

I am special, correct. So is Mary, so is Anne. So are you! I can only take responsibility for my own behaviour, though. Not Mary’s nor Anne’s nor yours. COVID spreads through contact with others, which we have conscientiously avoided (and others can too if they choose).

Some people find it easier to have their choices made for them, others are capable of making responsible choices themselves. Whatever works for you is good with me.

Have a lovely evening. I’ll send your best wishes to Mary and Anne when I get back. ❤️

Yeah as long as you own your decision. If you directly bring it back, and seed a cluster that kills someone's granny, or whether you inspire and convince others to go abroad and they bring it back and kill more grannies, sure at least you got to sit in a house in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Not quite true.

They are not being treated separately from mainland Spain in the UK with regard to the requirement to enter 14 days self-isolation on returning.

They are being treated separately from mainland Spain in terms of Foreign Office travel advice - the islands are not on the list of countries to which travel is advised against.

The UK & Spanish governments are currently in discussion about treating the islands separately with regard to the self-isolation.

Update - Now the UK are applying a blanket non-essential travel advisory for all of Spain, including the islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭boetstark

Going to Naples on saturday.
    Staying in a quiet suburb called Chiaia.
    Weather in mid 30's , wearing masks and social distancing is mandatory and enforced.
    Was in kerry last weekend and v busy , alot not wearing masks and little social distancing.
    Looking forward to some serious outdoors time and real sunshine and beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

boetstark wrote: »
    Weather in mid 30's , wearing masks and social distancing is mandatory and enforced.
    Was in kerry last weekend and v busy , alot not wearing masks and little social distancing.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Counting down the days myself for a trip to Spain.

It's funny how most of the naysayers on here assume that every Irish Tourist has a 7 day bender in a packed pub/club whenever they head away.

The above isn't even possible in most places at the moment and even if it was we can't legislate for the 1% of people who would put themselves in such danger.

I plan on catching some sun, and making a serious dent in my 'must read' list.

I'll do the latter from the comfort of my air BnB, my balcony, the beach or some bar terrace where I won't be within 2 metres or anyone.

All the while I'll be following all local guidelines in addition to my own caution and common sense.

I CANNOT WAIT.

I had begun to keep my holiday to myself after one or two conversations with others led to shaming. But now I am freely telling anyone that asks and will happily share with them my logic

I should also add that at the moment my only fear is some knee jerk reaction from the government with regard to Spain.

I will be restricting my movements as best I can when I return. I wear masks anytime I am indoors in a public place anyway and try my best to keep social distancing. The latter being difficult due the number idiots around that still don't get the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Italy is in danger of going off the green list on next update, Malta also.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I thought after 2 week's if case's are not spiking, Which they are not, the government would add more countries ie Germany ect.

Has the Gov provided actual detail on what metrics are required for a country to be on the greenlist or is it simply countries with infection rates at or below our own?

I really and truly believe the Gov have been backed into a corner or indeed backed themselves into a corner on the whole travel/ green list issue.

The green list is looking like it could change on a regular basis which is helping no one, even so called essential travellers.

I am convinced that the UK will have reopened to Spain, one of the so called hot spots before long. Apparently talks are already under way at a senior level.

We have tied our hands behind our backs now by linking exceptionally low infection rates to the green list. There is no way out for the Government while at the same time allowing them to save face. Without a radical rethink inward tourism to Ireland will also be well and truly goosed into 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭horse7

Germany not only has a green list for Europe ,it has a green list for 3rd countries. From 2 July 2020, unrestricted travel to Germany is once again possible from the following third countries with low rates of infection:

Australia
    Georgia
    Canada
    New Zealand
    Thailand
    Tunisia
    Uruguay
    For China, Japan and South Korea a lifting of entry restrictions is subject to confirmation of reciprocity

Feria40 wrote: »
    Has the Gov provided actual detail on what metrics are required for a country to be on the greenlist or is it simply countries with infection rates at or below our own?

I really and truly believe the Gov have been backed into a corner or indeed backed themselves into a corner on the whole travel/ green list issue.

The green list is looking like it could change on a regular basis which is helping no one, even so called essential travellers.

I am convinced that the UK will have reopened to Spain, one of the so called hot spots before long. Apparently talks are already under way at a senior level.

We have tied our hands behind our backs now by linking exceptionally low infection rates to the green list. There is no way out for the Government while at the same time allowing them to save face. Without a radical rethink inward tourism to Ireland will also be well and truly goosed into 2021

The government are pandering to the curtain twitchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Limpy wrote: »
    I thought after 2 week's if case's are not spiking, Which they are not, the government would add more countries ie Germany ect.[/quote

Yes I see Italy and Malta have gone up.. Almost level with Ireland now...in fact all the countries on the dashboard have increased. Depends on what happens with Ireland I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Batesout wrote: »

Wrong. Try murdering someone after security and see who technically arrests you and what court you technically are tried in. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

2120 cases in Spain today.

Highest ever daily cases increase globally on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

I’ve friends living in three different parts of Spain and the feeling is at local level in all these areas is that all of Spain will go into lockdown sooner rather than later and that the tourists who happen to be in the country will face the same challenges as those back in March in trying to get back home.
    2120 cases in Spain today.

Highest ever daily cases increase globally on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Feria40 wrote: »

Simon Coveney mentioned 5 case 14 day case average per 100k

Most restrictive in Europe, Finland is using 8

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Yeah as long as you own your decision. If you directly bring it back, and seed a cluster that kills someone's granny, or whether you inspire and convince others to go abroad and they bring it back and kill more grannies, sure at least you got to sit in a house in France.

Why is fear mongering like this even allowed on here? It's just nonsense :confused:

You could make the argument that supporting the premier league is causing more people to go to pubs, round each others houses or to gather in Anfield to celebrate the title win. Those celebrators could then come to Dublin (no restrictions) and spread the virus to all the grannies. If you even thought about football in the last few months you're directly responsible for any new granny deaths in the country. Oh and for a few puppies as well!!

:rolleyes:

Just stay in your house with your at all times with the blinds closed. Looking out is permitted once a day or when you see you arsehole neighbour breaking the rules :mad:

Why is fear mongering like this even allowed on here? It's just nonsense :confused:

You could make the argument that supporting the premier league is causing more people to go to pubs, round each others houses or to gather in Anfield to celebrate the title win. Those celebrators could then come to Dublin (no restrictions) and spread the virus to all the grannies. If you even thought about football in the last few months you're directly responsible for any new granny deaths in the country. Oh and for a few puppies as well!!

:rolleyes:

Just stay in your house with your at all times with the blinds closed. Looking out is permitted once a day or when you see you arsehole neighbour breaking the rules :mad:

I can't comprehend what you are trying to say. If you have another shot at it then I can try again.

I don't particularly care whether you "support the Premier League" or not. If you go to Anfield, you will be doing so against advice and you are supposed to "quarantine" for 14 days after you return. Contrary to what you appear to think, there are restrictions should you come back to Dublin.

I have no interest in soccerball at all if that is what you are worried about. Thread is about the Green list. Neither UK nor France is on said green list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Have you filled this form?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=521057&d=1595668559

How did you fill the last part?

Heading to Italy myself in 2 weeks. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Greg81 wrote: »
    Have you filled this form?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=521057&d=1595668559

How did you fill the last part?

Heading to Italy myself in 2 weeks. Can't wait

Is that form not just for people travelling from non-EU countries? As per the DFA website (https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/italy/):
    People traveling to Italy from:

EU member states;
    States that form part of the Schengen area;
    The United Kingdom;
    Andorra;
    Monaco;
    San Marino;
    Vatican City State.
    can all enter Italy without having to quarantine unless they have recently stayed in a country other than one of these. For more information, please click here.

People travelling from countries other than those mentioned above must have a justification to enter Italy (e.g. an emergency, a healthcare issue, a work reason, travel home) and must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. They must also inform their local health authority of where they will be quarantining and fill out this self-declaration form before travel.

• Advertisement

When is the new list/update being released?

Advertisement