Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Is that form not just for people travelling from non-EU countries? As per the DFA website (https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/italy/):

Good question.

According to the website link you posted. We do not need it.
    I will have it printed to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Greg81 wrote: »
    Have you filled this form?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=521057&d=1595668559

How did you fill the last part?

Heading to Italy myself in 2 weeks. Can't wait

Use teh form off the Italian foreign affairs website.Its a lot easier to fill out and doesnt ask for that declaration at the end.

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

You`ll be travelling under section "c" so you dont fill out the bottom half.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Greg81 wrote: »
    Good question.

According to the website link you posted. We do not need it.
    I will have it printed to be on the safe side.

You definately will need it. All travelers to Italy whether they are to isolate or not need to notifiy of entry into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Use teh form off the Italian foreign affairs website.Its a lot easier to fill out and doesnt ask for that declaration at the end.

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

You`ll be travelling under section "c" so you dont fill out the bottom half.

Awesome. Thank's for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭horse7

I note that Italy also has a list of third countries ( as does germany), which we do not, The entry into the national territory of third-country nationals residing in the following states and territories: ALGERIA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, GEORGIA, JAPAN, MONTENEGRO, MOROCCO, NEW ZEALAND, RWANDA, SERBIA, REPUBLIC OF KOREA, THAILAND, TUNISIA, URUGUAY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

2120 cases in Spain today.

Highest ever daily cases increase globally on Friday

That number is for the whole weekend. Spain does not report numbers at the weekend.

Fri: 922
    Wkd: 2120
    Mon: 855
    Tues: 905

johnire wrote: »
    I’ve friends living in three different parts of Spain and the feeling is at local level in all these areas is that all of Spain will go into lockdown sooner rather than later and that the tourists who happen to be in the country will face the same challenges as those back in March in trying to get back home.

Spain is nowhere near being lockdown as in march!! Where are you friends?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Galego wrote: »

Some towns are already in lockdown (phase 1) but they’re not tourist spots. Some more towns are threatened with lockdown with the Murcia region being warned a roll back for the province is a risk if things don’t stabilise.

Barcelona and the surrounds is obviously the elephant in the room.

Parts of the north east and east have suppressed the virus.

Costa Blanca/Valencia region is doing very well as is Costa Del Sol/Andalusia are doing good too. The islands are in good shape but then again there is no one there!

It’s very much an uneven landscape. Woke regions are doing better than Ireland etc

What is awesome though is how it’s all controlled and traceable. If it was February/March the whole country would be in lockdown

In short, steer clear of Barcelona and Murcia. Stick with the islands, Costa Blanca and Costa Del Sol.

For reference the president of Costa Blanca/Valencia has been lobbying the U.K. to allow flights to the region given the rates are so low here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

Gran Canaria, Seville and Palma.
    Galego wrote: »

faceman wrote: »
    Some towns are already in lockdown (phase 1) but they’re not tourist spots. Some more towns are threatened with lockdown with the Murcia region being warned a roll back for the province is a risk if things don’t stabilise.

Costa Blanca/Valencia region is doing very well as is Costa Del Sol/Andalusia are doing good too. The islands are in good shape but then again there is no one there!

It’s very much an uneven landscape. Woke regions are doing better than Ireland etc

What is awesome though is how it’s all controlled and traceable. If it was February/March the whole country would be in lockdown

In short, steer clear of Barcelona and Murcia. Stick with the islands, Costa Blanca and Costa Del Sol.

For reference the president of Costa Blanca/Valencia has been lobbying the U.K. to allow flights to the region given the rates are so low here

Yes the above is all correct. But phase 1 is not march lockdown. I am from Burela so I can tell you that our phase 1 was nothing like the march lockdown! Our phase 1 was very flexible and not policed. We just had certain restrictions to control the outbreak but most things went on as now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭billyhead

faceman wrote: »

How's Galicia doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Why is Portugal not on green list. Specially South/ porto. No cases for months in the south allegedly

billyhead wrote: »
    How's Galicia doing?

Doing well enough imo.

Active cases: 242
    New cases in the last 24hours: 10
    ICU patients: 1
    Hospitalised patients: 8

Galicia population: 2.7m

Truthvader wrote: »
    Why is Portugal not on green list. Specially South/ porto. No cases for months in the south allegedly

Sorry meant Faro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Outbreaks in the Lisboa and Porto, cities where distancing is difficult, the Algarve is doing very well but the country is classed as a whole (should be there now).

bladespin wrote: »
    Outbreaks in the Lisboa and Porto, cities where distancing is difficult, the Algarve is doing very well but the country is classed as a whole (should be there now).

Yep son mad to go on Friday. Telling me Faro is 500% safer than Dublin. Is it??

Yep son mad to go on Friday. Telling me Faro is 500% safer than Dublin. Is it??

Not sure tbh, I gave up following when it was clear it was off the list, have several friends over there who msg the latest news in Albufeira; Shenanigans if you’re ever there ;) Alvor was 0 new cases, 0 confirmed and 0 deaths.

bladespin wrote: »
    Not sure tbh, I gave up following when it was clear it was off the list, have several friends over there who msg the latest news in Albufeira; Shenanigans if you’re ever there ;) Alvor was 0 new cases, 0 confirmed and 0 deaths.

0 sounds better than us and better than Spain but still both the UK and ourselves dont have Portugal on the green list. Seems safer than staying at home.

Anyone know whats going on???

0 sounds better than us and better than Spain but still both the UK and ourselves dont have Portugal on the green list. Seems safer than staying at home.

Alvor is a small region, big numbers in the cities, not that we were going there. Bit like Connaught vs all Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Yep, current governments preference is that families don't fly abroad even to regions with lower Covid rates, they will stretch it out until at least the schools return, then they'll figure that it's best to discourage foreign travel until after October midterm, then they'll reckon, might as well hang on until 2021

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The Algarve is the second worst area in the country after Lisbon according to the ECDC map... No 0 anything in the official figures. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

For those claiming the Balearic and Canary Islands should be exempted from the Spain list, their numbers are over twice what Ireland is. They certainly wouldn’t be on any Green List if they were independent nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The Algarve is the second worst area in the country after Lisbon according to the ECDC map... No 0 anything in the official figures. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

For those claiming the Balearic and Canary Islands should be exempted from the Spain list, their numbers are over twice what Ireland is. They certainly wouldn’t be on any Green List if they were independent nations.

twice a really low number is still a really low number

Son claiming Faro has no cases since last March and is as far away from Lisbon as Scotland is from Dublin. Plus I get the "we dont want anyone to fly" theory but why is Spain on green list and not Portugal. And is the green list a list of countries that you are not advised to fly to .... but sure... while you are not advised to fly to other countries bit we mean it about them ... kind of.

Its like government by teenagers who dont want to say anything too hasssely

Son claiming Faro has no cases since last March and is as far away from Lisbon as Scotland is from Dublin. Plus I get the "we dont want anyone to fly" theory but why is Spain on green list and not Portugal. And is the green list a list of countries that you are not advised to fly to .... but sure... while you are not advised to fly to other countries bit we mean it about them ... kind of.

Its like government by teenagers who dont want to say anything too hasssely

Your son is wrong I’m afraid, there were 90 new cases the other day arising out of a single party in the Faro region.

Alvor (for example) is only 2.5 hours down the road from Lisbon.

Neither Portugal nor Spain are on a Green List, not sure why people think Spain is.

Your son is wrong I’m afraid, there were 90 new cases the other day arising out of a single party in the Faro region.

Do you have a link to this story. Trying to persuade son to stay at home

Do you have a link to this story. Trying to persuade son to stay at home

Here you go... 90 cases out of 100 at the party.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-31006297.html%3ftype=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Am I missing something? Is that article not dated JUNE 19th?

Feria40 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Is that article not dated JUNE 19th?

It is. The poster stated there were zero cases in the Faro region since March. There have been a lot more than zero and I gave a single example of a party. The number of cases in the Faro region in the past 14 days is between 20 and 60 per 100,000 - population is 450,000 so there have been at least 90, and at most 270, other cases in the region in the past 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

This is a lie.

Neither Portugal nor Spain are on a Green List, not sure why people think Spain is.

This is another lie.
    It is. The poster stated there were zero cases in the Faro region since March. There have been a lot more than zero and I gave a single example of a party. The number of cases in the Faro region in the past 14 days is between 20 and 60 per 100,000 - population is 450,000 so there have been at least 90, and at most 270, other cases in the region in the past 14 days.

This is you trying to cover up the lie by bamboozling with bullsh*t.

You are a liar and a disingenuous poster with an agenda. Your posts should be ignored.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    This is a lie.

This is another lie.

This is you trying to cover up the lie by bamboozling with bullsh*t.

You are a liar and a disingenuous poster with an agenda. Your posts should be ignored.

Cant understand the hostility of this post. In fairness he posted a link to the story to help me. On what possible basis are you claiming he is lying? Extraordinary post.

BTW on my phone the link brings me to the Portugal Covid 19 story but on my computer it brings me to todays Cork Examiner. Anyone know how or why this is happening?

Advertisement