Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Anti-relaxers are more on par with anti-vaxxers. Flat curvers are like flat Earthers.

Maybe you should get yourself a relaxer rather than an anti-relaxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

bubblypop wrote: »
    Issued last week

Not from all the departments - HSE anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

If they're still using the same criteria (lower or similar cases as Ireland) when the green list is updated next week, it's going to get even smaller.

Our 14 day rate as of today is 5.3. Italy is 5.4, Slovakia and Lithuania are 5.8, Cyprus is 6.5 and Malta is 22.7.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

how are the greeks doing?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

VG31 wrote: »
    If they're still using the same criteria (lower or similar cases as Ireland) when the green list is updated next week, it's going to get even smaller.

Our 14 day rate as of today is 5.3. Italy is 5.4, Slovakia and Lithuania are 5.8, Cyprus is 6.5 and Malta is 22.7.

Lithuania has similar stats to Ireland. Some day's over the last two weeks they had only 2 cases per day so that figure Will yoyo every day.

Just to add Lithuania had a quarentine limit at 16 per 100k. Any citizen arriving from a country under that don't need to Quarantine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Aren't the Malta numbers driven hugely by a boat load of rescued migrants that were immediately isolated? I think that figure alone could have been over 100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

how are the greeks doing?

Still below us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Feria40 wrote: »
    Aren't the Malta numbers driven hugely by a boat load of rescued migrants that were immediately isolated? I think that figure alone could have been over 100

yes this is correct, if you take these migrants out of the equasiuon then they would still be lower than Ireland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If this conversation is all Covid, it should be on the Covid forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Italy will be ~ 5.67 in tomorrows numbers, it's not looking good for them if we're steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭bmc58

It's getting serious again people.Stock up.The US preppers might be on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Malta and Cyprus with small populations were always subject to big movements. I expect Malta will drop low again as it seems that a big chunk was refugees off a boat who tested positive (or should I say ex pats).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Malta and Cyprus with small populations were always subject to big movements. I expect Malta will drop low again as it seems that a big chunk was refugees off a boat who tested positive (or should I say ex pats).

I'm guessing the gov here won't look at the reasons behind the increases in countries currently on the green list and will base it purely on the numbers.

Bad news for me due to fly to Malta on 8th Aug

They should just do the Lithuanian model. But lower the number by half to 8. If you come from a country over 8 on the official figures mandatory quarentine. None of this make it up on the go shxte.

Ireland won't make its own Green list soon

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

More countries to be added on Irish bul**** green list. Many more cases are registered today in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

gral6 wrote: »
    More countries to be added on Irish bul**** green list. Many more cases are registered today in Ireland

Any travel related? Seems a large spread from a factory and direct provision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Limpy wrote: »
    Ireland won't make its own Green list soon

We'll have to add the likes of Germany now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

bladespin wrote: »
    Any travel related? Seems a large spread from a factory and direct provision.

Perhaps we should only accept asylum seekers from the green list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Italy will be ~ 5.67 in tomorrows numbers, it's not looking good for them if we're steady.

They should just use 6 as the number and not worry about decimal points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Even without the boat cases, Malta was slipping off the list at 6.9 with party related cases, the boat ppl added it up to 22 today... They are definitely off the list for 2 weeks now...

Irelands spike with factory will bring us up alot on 14 day rolling figure...UK could be close if it continued...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Perhaps we should only accept asylum seekers from the green list.

Were they not here already or recent arrivals???

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

bladespin wrote: »
    Were they not here already or recent arrivals???

The asylum seekers were working in the dog food factory in naas, and brought it back to two seperate direct provision centres.

To work as an asylum seeker you have to have been in the country at least 9 months, and you cannot leave the country as an asylum seeker - so not travel related.

They should just do the Lithuanian model. But lower the number by half to 8. If you come from a country over 8 on the official figures mandatory quarentine. None of this make it up on the go shxte.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Oddly enough, our 14 day cumulative per 100k is 7 after today’s 85 addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A statement from the Irish government published on July 22 said: “Following a meeting of the Cabinet this evening, the Government has agreed that the following locations be included as Normal Precautions on the Department of Foreign Affairs Travel Advice:

Cyprus
    Estonia
    Finland
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Greenland
    Hungary
    Italy
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Malta
    Norway
    Monaco
    San Marino
    Slovakia
    “Anyone arriving into Ireland from these countries will not have to restrict their movements. Passengers from any other country outside of those with a Normal Precautions advisory are asked to restrict their movements for 14 days.

“The list will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis, based on advice from officials including public health experts.

“There is no change to the current policy in respect of travel from Northern Ireland.
    On Wednesday, Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney told The Independent that the green list was determined by the "benchmark" criteria, presented by the European Center for Disease Control, of each country's number of positive tests for COVID-19 per 100,000 people over the past 14 days.

Coveney said: “We’re using that essentially as the test of risk level in different countries, and we‘ve used Ireland as the starting point. Any country that represents less of a risk than Ireland on the basis of that criteria is on the so-called green list, any other country is not."

“If you go to one of these countries on the green list, when you come back again, you are not required to restrict your movement for 14 days. For any other country, you are."

https://www.irishcentral.com/travel/ireland-green-list-travel

Oddly enough, our 14 day cumulative per 100k is 7 after today’s 85 addition.

What's the math formula for getting the number. I want to forecast some countries for my next holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Why

copeyhagen wrote: »

Why

'Cause you're fuckin' fired

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

What's the math formula for getting the number. I want to forecast some countries for my next holiday.

You can see the last 14 day totals at https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

The population of Ireland is around 4.9m so take Ireland's number(259) and divide by 49 to get the per 100k number. Gives us a number of 5.3(rounding up)

Malta have a 14 day total of 112 at present and with a population of 510k they have a number of 112÷5.1 = 21.9

Advertisement