Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

For anyone interested in the Canaries. This provides interesting stats on cases/deaths and is updated daily.

https://thecanarynews.com

I did a check on 01/07 when flights mainly commenced and again today. There have been 32 new cases across the islands since 01/07 after months without any new cases owing to their stringent lockdown. The new cases are 10 in each of Tenerife & Gran Can and 6 each in Lanz and Fuerte. I assume since there were no new resident cases for many weeks before 01/07, these have come from new arrivals. That being said they are probably the safest place in Europe at present if you want to avoid C19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Stratvs wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the Canaries. This provides interesting stats on cases/deaths and is updated daily.

https://thecanarynews.com

I did a check on 01/07 when flights mainly commenced and again today. There have been 32 new cases across the islands since 01/07 after months without any new cases owing to their stringent lockdown. The new cases are 10 in each of Tenerife & Gran Can and 6 each in Lanz and Fuerte. I assume since there were no new resident cases for many weeks before 01/07, these have come from new arrivals. That being said they are probably the safest place in Europe at present if you want to avoid C19.

The new cases are from illegal migrant boats from Morocco, who are now housed in a migrant quarantine ship, and a Canarian resident who returned from Mexico and then attended a house party. There have been no reports so far of any imported cased due to tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Dante7 wrote: »
    The new cases are from illegal migrant boats from Morocco, who are now housed in a migrant quarantine ship, and a Canarian resident who returned from Mexico and then attended a house party. There have been no reports so far of any imported cased due to tourism.

Good to know, thanks for that. I have already cancelled / pushed out several trips and am suffering withdrawal symptoms at this stage to the point where we did gambas al ajillo tonight just by way of keeping the taste memory alive! I'd hate to think that the position there might deteriorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

xvril wrote: »
    If you change to Greece fly to Thessaloniki and go to Pefkohori. Just came back from there on Monday. Sensational.
    Was there last year. Serious heat. Wouldn’t fancy a face mask in that at all.
    Hoping to fly to Spain 1 month tmw, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    That explains it.... Has spain changed for the worse since yesterday, or am i reading that wrong:eek:
    No, you’re correct unfortunately. Positive cases going up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Was there last year. Serious heat. Wouldn’t fancy a face mask in that at all.
    Hoping to fly to Spain 1 month tmw, fingers crossed.

It wasn't too bad heat wise, 32 was the hottest day. It was quiet as well, I am sure last year when you were there it was a lot busier.

All the staff wear face masks but you are always outdoors so don't wear one yourself, unless on public transport or a taxi for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Given the absolute shambles the Government made of the Nursing homes, PPE, testing, Leaving Cert and the pubs, I don't hold much hope that the Green List will be any different...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

US And UK definitely not on it according to Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

How can that work when there is an open border with the UK?

Our government doesn't seem to worry about realities like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JimmyChew

Prices for Flights are at an all time low for Alicante. Just about have work on-side with me taking a cheeky week by the pool with the kids.

Just waiting on an announcement from Govt on the green list.

Where there will be some sneaky little catch no doubt, and prices will sky rocket also.

Tired of this waiting game now. We're responsible people we can assess the risk and make our own decisions after reviewing the data available without waiting on Micheal Martin to give us the nod to spend our hard earned on our Families as we see fit.

I feel is things don't go our way on Monday evening it's going to be a long cold hard winter of looking out at the rain and dreaming of better times.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Where did this news spring from? today was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

JimmyChew wrote: »
    Prices for Flights are at an all time low for Alicante. Just about have work on-side with me taking a cheeky week by the pool with the kids.

Just waiting on an announcement from Govt on the green list.

Where there will be some sneaky little catch no doubt, and prices will sky rocket also.

Tired of this waiting game now. We're responsible people we can assess the risk and make our own decisions after reviewing the data available without waiting on Micheal Martin to give us the nod to spend our hard earned on our Families as we see fit.

I feel is things don't go our way on Monday evening it's going to be a long cold hard winter of looking out at the rain and dreaming of better times.

I’d go ahead and book the flights as they’ll jump following Monday’s announcement. Not sure if Spain will make the list if they include the figures for antibody testing but if not I’m hoping France will.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I presume they will probably lump lanzarote in with spain and include them together on the list ( or off the list as the case may be)?

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    I’d go ahead and book the flights as they’ll jump following Monday’s announcement. Not sure if Spain will make the list if they include the figures for antibody testing but I’m hoping Spain will.

Already 1200 euro in the hole from previous holiday cancelled. Going to have a staring contest on the next ones and see if i can grab the prices before they shoot up. Plenty of options from Kerry, Shannon and Dub, its all too uncertain for my liking. But that seems to be the current tact from this Govt. Keep us in the dark and start to leak details before any big announcement to soften the blow.

gazzaman22 wrote:
    Where did this news spring from? today was it?

Pat Kenny show interview on newstalk this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Don't think Spain and other big holiday destinations are going to be on it. It could be another massive blow to the a aviation sector, especially away from Dublin where there's less choice of destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Multitrip have already confirmed to me in writing that I am covered if a country is on the green list--if it change to red while you are away you are still covered.

Multitrip confirmed same to me in writing some weeks ago. I purchased a policy, and read it to find travelling against DFA advisory is excluded. Emailed again for clarity, and the exact same person who emailed me the first response came back with the direct opposite! Be wary, read everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Acosta wrote: »
    Don't think Spain and other big holiday destinations are going to be on it. It could be another massive blow to the a aviation sector, especially away from Dublin where there's less choice of destinations.

If Greece isn't on it I will be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

xvril wrote: »
    If Greece isn't on it I will be shocked.

I hope it is due to fly mid august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HotMama89 wrote: »
    I hope it is due to fly mid august

Im September! Government advice will still be avoid non-essential travel according to the news just now. So not sure where that leaves some of us

Im September! Government advice will still be avoid non-essential travel according to the news just now. So not sure where that leaves some of us

That will be it, or very similar..
    "here's the green list but we advise against travel there"

Rendering insurance invalid and companies nor permitting folks back in without the 2 week quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Rendering insurance invalid and companies nor permitting folks back in without the 2 week quarantine.

Isnt the green list going to be a list of countries where you can travel to, so why can companies then say you need to quarantine?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

My understanding from listening to Leo Varadkar yesterday was that they were still advising against non-essential foreign travel but that travel to the green/ A/ safe list (or whatever they decide to label them as) will not require 14 days self isolation. So travel insurance will still be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Great analysis by this guy, read the Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1284008602890625027?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Isnt the green list going to be a list of countries where you can travel to, so why can companies then say you need to quarantine?:confused:

Because the Government are still advising against non essential travel. HSE and other companies have told their staff that while that is in place then 14 day quarantine will apply.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Arlene must of gave MM his word that people coming from Scotland, Wales and England would have to Quarantine in the North. Otherwise how do they police it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Caranica wrote: »
    Great analysis by this guy, read the Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1284008602890625027?s=19

Good read thanks. I'm flying back via Vilnius to Dublin so it looks like im Safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Because the Government are still advising against non essential travel. HSE and other companies have told their staff that while that is in place then 14 day quarantine will apply.
    no foreign holidays then so for 15 years+ for public sector workers if that extreme position remains, because this virus is not going away any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

no foreign holidays then so for 15 years+ for public sector workers if that extreme position remains, because this virus is not going away any time soon.

I know some Private Companies are now following suit. Don't ask me on the legal implications.
    Its a cop out. Taking this stance is both disingenuous and patronizing to the People. Travelling, whether people view it right or wrong, it should be reasonably black and white.
    On Monday Varadkar is quoted as saying;
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/holidaymakers-no-more-likely-to-get-covid-19-from-visiting-green-list-countries-than-in-dublin-or-killarney-varadkar-39366365.html

On Thursday they change tack somewhat and even the CMO admits its confusing.
    Who knows what will be agreed by Monday.

Advertisement