Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

LilyShame wrote: »
    Kildare definitely off the green list, along with Maltas misfortune with the migrants and a few hotel parties. Italy and Greece hanging in there, Cyprus borderline I think altho losing track of ecdc.

As we look back on this conversation....

What's the actual evidence that flying is unsafe? I've read nothing in the media and I'm sure they would be only happy to jump on a story.

The prices for accommodation in Ireland are just ridiculous... But I guess it feels poor value for money due to the crap weather.

Irelands numbers are catching up with UK so our Minister should not be too smug.

Has the travel shaming settled, have you noticed?

The mainstream media, Examiner etc are still pushing the travel horror line (all opinion pieces and no real reporting btw), there does seem to be a bit of a backlash from the public on their FB posts anyway, lots of people waking up to the fact that the recent big numbers are due to workplace and behavior and not travel.

Donnelly certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere as well liked as Harris was on starting off (not a SH fan) so goodwill is not abundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭horse7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

LilyShame wrote: »
    Kildare definitely off the green list, along with Maltas misfortune with the migrants and a few hotel parties. Italy and Greece hanging in there, Cyprus borderline I think altho losing track of ecdc.

Given our own stats we can’t judge by the same standards as last time. The idea is that we put countries with the same or lesser incidences of infections on our Green list.
    We won’t be taking the likes of Italy off and I’d be expecting us to add the likes of Germany, Denmark, Iceland and a few others like that.

You do know that there are a total of 10 Corona hospital cases.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

horse7 wrote: »
    You do know that there are a total of 10 Corona hospital cases.

Probably a week later then schedule like the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ireland up to 8.2 here. It was in around 5 when the green list was originally published
    https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

It could of did a Malta and went tits up.
    Edit
    Laura Lynott and John Downing
    August 03 2020 02:30 AM
    The vast majority of countries on Ireland's 'green list' have seen a rise in Covid-19 infections since travel restrictions were lifted.

Amid an alarming surge in cases of the coronavirus around the world, ministers are to consider even tougher rules around foreign travel rather than any relaxation of the current regime.

As per panic merchants the Independent. Why not blame the real source.

Looks like we don't follow the EU see https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53222356

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

horse7 wrote: »
    Looks like we don't follow the EU see https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53222356

That article was from June 30th............

Well spotted, and we still are waiting for Ireland to catch up with the rest of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

When is green list updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

When is green list updated?

I think perhaps Wednesday?

By all account the list could be getting smaller not bigger :(

Good old Stainsey (prof Anthony Staines) banging the drum again today to aim for zero Covid and to consider regional movement restrictions within the country.

It was on the news headlines I heard the snippets, I think newstalk.

More BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

How Italy is doing?

Is there a chance it will drop from the list?

Greg81 wrote: »
    How Italy is doing?

It's still below us (better) so it should stay on I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Greg81 wrote: »
    How Italy is doing?

Italy keeps on doing well at 6 (updated yesterday) vs Ireland 8.
    I’m in Italy at the moment and can tell you yesterday’s number of new infections went down again but news outlets are talking about the number of administered tests also going down materially overnight the last 2-3 weeks (saw a chart but there were no numbers on the y-axis so can’t say by how much)
    This is obviously a weakness in the metrics that the ECDC uses. Number of positive cases is affected by the volume of testing so there should be some kind of an adjustment to the former based on the latter to have an apple to apple comparison among countries with different testing policies.
    Is Luxembourg really the most dangerous country in Europe or is the high number just a case of them testing most of the population?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Italy keeps on doing well at 6 (updated yesterday) vs Ireland 8.
    I’m in Italy at the moment and can tell you yesterday’s number of new infections went down again but news outlets are talking about the number of administered tests also going down materially overnight the last 2-3 weeks (saw a chart but there were no numbers on the y-axis so can’t say by how much)
    This is obviously a weakness in the metrics that the ECDC uses. Number of positive cases is affected by the volume of testing so there should be some kind of an adjustment to the former based on the latter to have an apple to apple comparison among countries with different testing policies.
    Is Luxembourg really the most dangerous country in Europe or is the high number just a case of them testing most of the population?

Delighted Italy doing well, they had an awful time, some really heart breaking stories. Quite a shock Luxembourg so dangerous albeit I'm guessing it's because it's a major international Hub, EU and all that, kind of makes the whole point of travel restrict make sense. Belgium also bad I've heard I can see our current list getting smaller

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Everyone that's better than us today... the new green list?
    Hungary
    Finland
    Latvia
    Norway
    Estonia
    Liechtenstein
    Italy
    Lithuania
    Greece
    Slovakia

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Everyone that's better than us today... the new green list?
    Hungary
    Finland
    Latvia
    Norway
    Estonia
    Liechtenstein
    Italy
    Lithuania
    Greece
    Slovakia

No Canary Islands i'll assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Feria40 wrote: »
    All the more reason why the decision makers on the green list need to get behind the numbers. IMO it would be unfair to remove Malta given that the spike was driven by the Maltese authorities rescuing a heavily infected migrant boat.

It wasn’t though. The 65 cases from the migrant boat is not included in Malta’s numbers. It says so on the ECDC website.

Batesout wrote: »
    No Canary Islands i'll assume.

Nor Faroe Islands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The concept of the list being those lower than us is stupid, if we get to zero does that mean no one can go anywhere?

Surely an acceptable level per 100,000 over last 14 should be the bar and that’s it.

Set a figure, show available options for passengers on a weekly basis via gov website. Below x no restrictions. Above x but below z mandatory isolate on arrival. About Z no entry.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    The concept of the list being those lower than us is stupid, if we get to zero does that mean no one can go anywhere?

Surely an acceptable level per 100,000 over last 14 should be the bar and that’s it.

Agreed. It should be a list of countries we SHOULDN'T visit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Agreed. It should be a list of countries we SHOULDN'T visit also.

Honestly think a proper ‘red’ list would have been much better, would take all the confusion out of it, still see questions about England being on the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

What's de craic with this week's iteration, does anyone know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

luketitz wrote: »
    What's de craic with this week's iteration, does anyone know?!

Being discussed by cabinet now with an update due later this evening, strange that there doesn't seem to be any leaks coming out before the meeting though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

RoryMac wrote: »
    strange that there doesn't seem to be any leaks coming out before the meeting though

Only because this shower of idiots can't make up their minds or make a decision one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Only because this shower of idiots can't make up their minds or make a decision one way or the other.

It's scrawled on the back of Leo or Donnelly's expense receipt for lunch at the Shelbourne i'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are any countries likely to be added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are any countries likely to be added?

Fingers crossed for Svalbard Island!!

Advertisement