Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Sure why would people be bothering their holes to do things right when nobody else is. If Johnny and Mary are jetting off to Greece and Pat down the road is just back from a week in France and he's wandering about meeting everyone and telling them about his great holiday, then why the fuck would Jimmy be wearing a mask around his face and looking like a prick when nobody else in the shop is either.

In a country like Ireland that point is as important as anything. If everyone had to wear a mask for example, then it would have an effect even if the masks themselves were useless - because it would impose a bit of seriousness and discipline on people. Otherwise people just won't do it. And then the next thing is they are having house parties and meeting up in big groups. Give an inch and they take a mile.

Jimmy needs to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Deflect and personal attack. The Donald has given the usual reply to a post querying aspects of what he posted.

You go on your holiday. I don't really give a shite. Not worth worrying about. Lost cause. Same as how you can be sad at first to see junkies lying about the street and want to help them to contribute to society. At the end of the day you just have to accept it and accept that the rest of society will have to compensate for those who won't do their bit.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Jimmy needs to cop on

Well his attitude is "why should I. Look at Johnny and Mary. They aren't bothering".

You don't have to look too far back on this thread to find posts of people declaring "whaddabout XYZ" when trying to justify their trips abroad. What makes you think Jimmy won't?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

The sad thing is that if everyone genuinely made an effort to follow the guidelines then the virus would be gone in a couple of weeks.

That’s fantasyland and you know it, all evidence suggests it’s here to stay, regardless of travel etc, it spreads through close contact specifically and that’s virtually impossible to avoid, our recent spate of outbreaks have more to do with working and living conditions than anything else and with the best intentions in the world they will continue, hopefully following guidelines will reduce the rate but it will still happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Well his attitude is "why should I. Look at Johnny and Mary. They aren't bothering".

You don't have to look too far back on this thread to find posts of people declaring "whaddabout XYZ" when trying to justify their trips abroad. What makes you think Jimmy won't?

So why should someone have to share a hotel in Wexford or Kerry with a bunch of Jimmy's that couldn't be bothered taking precautions when they could go to somewhere on the green list where authorities actually force Jimmy to cop on and take this seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Stay at home no actually stay the **** at home and stay safe.

The sooner a sarcasm font is on this site the better!!!

So why should someone have to share a hotel in Wexford or Kerry with a bunch of Jimmy's that couldn't be bothered taking precautions when they could go to somewhere on the green list where authorities actually force Jimmy to cop on and take this seriously

At the end of the day it comes down to yourself. Your attitude could be one of three broad categories

1) I will do the right thing regardless
    2) I would do the right thing, but fuck it - I can see someone else not bothering so I'm not going to bother
    3) I won't bother my arse trying regardless of the consequences.

Most people are initially in 2. The **** in 3 start to spread into 2 and then you are only left with the minority in 1. And then it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy for the **** in 3 who said there is no point trying.

The sooner a sarcasm font is on this site the better!!!

Well, in your defence, I wouldn't stay at home either if my home was Clonmel

The world is full of Jimmys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

This website seems quite excellent at tracking the 14-day cumulative number of cases https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea - the Green List seems to be based exactly on these figures.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Any TDs spotted heading abroad on their holidays?

The_Brood wrote: »
    This website seems quite excellent at tracking the 14-day cumulative number of cases https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea - the Green List seems to be based exactly on these figures.

The deaths column gives a comparison too.

2.2 Romania

1.3 UK

1.3 Bulgaria
    1.1 Luxembourg

0.9 Sweden
    0.7 Coratia
    0.4 Portugal

0.3 Poland

0.3 Belgium
    0.2 Ireland, Czech Republic, France, Spain, Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Any TDs spotted heading abroad on their holidays?

They will not dare and neither will anyone in NPHET which is partly driving their policy “Of we cannot go abroad then the masses cannot either”. But wait until they (wives/husbands and families) experience the Irish summer and they will be happy to find solutions for travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

They will not date and neither will anyone in NPHET which is partly driving their policy “Of we cannot go abroad then the masses cannot either”. But wait until they (wives/husbands and families) experience the Irish summer and they will be happy to find solutions for travel.

Well unless you're going to monitor all the private jets leaving Dublin then there's no way to say that for sure.. And it's not like RTE will have a camera pointed in their direction to catch them out either.
    Plenty of families of senior civil servants heading off to some 5 star resort for vaycay i'd say!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Id say Kildare will end up getting a few more countries added. If the virus is as potent as they say the numbers should jump.

Its a joke of a country anyway, the media have most of the country in fear. The government are keeping the country isolated from most of the EU. Its like Noah's Ark.

Let the vunerable isolate untill they feel safe ie (Vaccine), open up the country inline with the majority of EU countries that are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Should I stay or should I go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Now, they might introduce a green list for staycation in Ireland. If you come from Kildare to Kerry, you'll have to quarantine for 2 weeks before you can do your staycation.

gral6 wrote: »
    Now, they might introduce a green list for staycation in Ireland. If you come from Kildare to Kerry, you'll have to quarantine for 2 weeks before you can do your staycation.

Very, have a lot of service work in Kildare, very hesitant to go ahead now, crazy.

Greece not looking too strong now either, was hoping to go:(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

If you have a holiday booked I would definitely go. Went to Greece at the start of July and my only regret is that I didn't go for longer.

xvril wrote: »
    If you have a holiday booked I would definitely go. Went to Greece at the start of July and my only regret is that I didn't go for longer.

Kids and school, if it gets kicked off the list we's be pinched, eldest cannot miss a day (perfect attendance etc).

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    Kids and school, if it gets kicked off the list we's be pinched, eldest cannot miss a day (perfect attendance etc).

When are you booked to go and when is the greenlist next reviewed?

When are you booked to go and when is the greenlist next reviewed?

Sunday, returning the 19th, next list out on the 18th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Sunday, returning the 19th, next list out on the 18th :(

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't be concerned about 1 day! If you returned on the 18th you are fine but the 19th not. Wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. What if you cancel and it stays on the Green list - then what?
    Go and enjoy your holiday!

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't be concerned about 1 day! If you returned on the 18th you are fine but the 19th not. Wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. What if you cancel and it stays on the Green list - then what?
    Go and enjoy your holiday!

I like the way you think, it's more that the kids are back to school on 27th and if it's not on the list when we get back then Jr might have to miss his first week - he's very precious about his attendance record and it'd kill me to be the reason he lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I like the way you think, it's more that the kids are back to school on 27th and if it's not on the list when we get back then Jr might have to miss his first week - he's very precious about his attendance record and it'd kill me to be the reason he lost it.

School have no idea whether you got back on 18th at 4.30pm (before the list is announced) or 18th at 11pm or even 19th at 6am!!

I would definitely go. One day in the difference and there is still a chance Greece will be on it.

Worst case scenario you could get Jnr tested when you return, making Jnr exempt from having to self-isolate if they test negative.

I would definitely go. One day in the difference and there is still a chance Greece will be on it.

Worst case scenario you could get Jnr tested when you return, making Jnr exempt from having to self-isolate if they test negative.

That's a brilliant idea! Would be home about 9 days before the school (if it does open). So many 'if's'.

Family holidays with the kids are priceless.

When were all dead an gone they'll always have those memories and photo's to look back on. Or when the kids have moved on we'll be able to pull out the album to remind us of the innocent times when they thought we were the gods.

Don't let anything stop you from having that.

Limpy wrote: »
    Don't let anything stop you from having that.

Sadly, despite the nice suggestions I think it's gone, another parent knows our dates and told the wife this morning she wouldn't be comfortable if her little princess was in the same school - gotta love this country.

• Advertisement

Sadly, despite the nice suggestions I think it's gone, another parent knows our dates and told the wife this morning she wouldn't be comfortable if her little princess was in the same school - gotta love this country.

That begrudgery is a part of Irish culture sadly.

Advertisement