Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

RoryMac wrote: »
    I really don't see us adding more countries to the green list in the next few days. The list was brought in when we were at a level deemed safe by the Gov and now they're concerned about our numbers so don't think it's going to follow that we all travel from countries at a similar level.

It would be good to see us tie in with the rest of the EU and have a common policy but nothing to suggest we're planning to do that.

How can they justify asking arrivals from countries with consistently lower rates than us like Germany and the UK to restrict their movements? When it suited them to make the list shorter a couple of weeks ago, they did it at the drop of a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I can see the whole idea of a list being scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I can see the whole idea of a list being scrapped.

No chance. They will keep it going until they get it down to 1 country on the green list! Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Currently in Greece hoping they don't review until end of the week!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

What will ireland number per 100k be tomorrow when the cases Today are updated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Anyway, I was in the airport over the weekend welcoming 40+ international students and I can report that less than half were asked for their locator forms at immigration. Most had to hand them in without being asked as my company had specifically told them to have them on hand. A bit annoying when we have organised a 2-week quarantine at great expense in order to comply with all guidelines yet others who don't care can just walk through with no intention to restrict their movements.

What's the problem? The staff at the passport check would naturally assume everyone had the form so feel like they don't have to ask?

And how do you know by someones walk if they have no intention to restrict their movements?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Limpy wrote: »
    What will ireland number per 100k be tomorrow when the cases Today are updated?

Just under 26 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

HotMama89 wrote: »
    Currently in Greece hoping they don't review until end of the week!

We should have gone, hope you had a great time anyway, what’s it like there at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Really nice weather is fab not too many people so almost like being here out of season. Feels much safer everyone takes the mask wearing and social distancing seriously. They tested about 1/3 of my flight when we landed

The Irish Times today said a big increase in cases in Ireland is feared in the coming days. If that happens, expect Ireland to start making other countries' blacklists in a week or two. Irish visitors to Greece or Italy will need proof of a negative test before arriving.

• Advertisement

Wallander wrote: »
    The Irish Times today said a big increase in cases in Ireland is feared in the coming days. If that happens, expect Ireland to start making other countries' blacklists in a week or two. Irish visitors to Greece or Italy will need proof of a negative test before arriving.

Already happening btw...Finland blacklisted us this morning, as per The Guardian:

Finland said on Wednesday it will bring back travel restrictions for several countries which it had for months considered safe destinations, including Germany and its Nordic neighbours, to stop the spread of Covid-19.

Travelling from Iceland, Greece, Malta, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Ireland, Cyprus, San Marino and Japan to Finland will be limited to essential trips starting August 24, with people returning from those countries required to self-quarantine for two weeks, Minister of Interior Maria Ohisalo said.

Prior to Wednesday’s announcement, Finland had already restricted travelling to and from most other countries around the globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Has anyone actually asked the question why this is happening as we were led t believe if we not travel abroad we be fine.
    Apart from the meat factories and a few pubs i think we have behaved reasonably ok.
    Its hard to believe about 3 weeks ago we thought we were on top of it and now these new restrictions.
    Does anyone have any idea, has it being imported?

Wallander wrote: »

When a country blacklists another, does this mean all flights cancelled?

or does it mean that only what is deemed essential travel allowed.
    Also who decides what is essential. I know freight is regarded as essential..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Got an email today about discounted all inclusive holidays to Malta and Crete for 159 euro including flights. I wouldnt chance it though, not even at those prices.

gazzer wrote: »
    Got an email today about discounted all inclusive holidays to Malta and Crete for 159 euro including flights. I wouldnt chance it though, not even at those prices.

what company are doing this?

My friend said Lithuania has added Ireland and the UK to the quarentine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

I flew to Tenerife on Sunday, about 60 on the plane. A bit uncomfortable wearing the mask except when eating or drinking. It feels so safe here,have to wear mask all the time except in bars or restaurant. People keeping their distance. Nightclubs all closed all bars close at 1.00 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

My friend said Lithuania has added Ireland and the UK to the quarentine list.

Irish figures at 25.4 so forget Lithuania
    Entering Lithuania
    Lithuania currently allows citizens of European Economic Area countries and persons lawfully residing in these countries to enter Lithuania. However, those who arrive from countries with COVID-19 incidence rates above 16 cases per 100,000 people will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Third-country nationals arriving from countries where COVID-19 incidence rates have reached 25 cases per 100,000 people will have to test negative for the coronavirus infection within 72 hours of arriving in Lithuania and will have to self-isolate for 14 days.

When planning your trip to Lithuania, please evaluate the situation surrounding your country’s 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 inhabitants. Citizens and residents from countries with a 14-day cumulative number of 16 cases or higher will be subject to mandatory self-isolation.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Dunno what the Irish figures are?

Ireland's are over 25 so non LT citizens will need a negative test to enter. So basically any Irish person won't be going there for a holiday anytime soon.

Irish Government moved the goal posts anyway, dripping info to the Irish times instead of giving some Clarity.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cabinet-deferred-removal-of-greece-from-travel-green-list-1.4334095?mode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

“We were not expecting to be at this level of cases when the green list was first envisaged. If we were to apply the same logic, which was that anywhere with above five cases per 100,000 would be off the list, there would be only two countries on the green list now.”

The logic wasn't anywhere with above five, it was anywhere with a number above Ireland's (which was five at the time) as then you'd be more likely to catch the virus there than at home. I'm not saying half of Europe should be on the list now and free travel for all, but they've made a complete balls of this and I'd rather they didn't pretend they haven't.

Basically we thought we could keep the country in lockdown but made a tits of it, and when we had to show our hand we snaked away from the table.

These clown's in government wouldn't win a game of connect two.

Basically we thought we could keep the country in lockdown but made a tits of it, and when we had to show our hand we snaked away from the table.

These clown's in government wouldn't win a game of connect two.

Its your fault i expect you voted...

Its your fault i expect you voted...

It doesn't matter who voted what. What matters is who ever is in charge is held accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Does anyone know the current rules for Irish arrivals in Slovakia? I am trying to translate something from their authorities website but can’t fully understand it. I think it is saying you must provide a neg test for Covid within 5 days of arriving but I will only be there for 2 so not sure what the story is. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

manniot2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the current rules for Irish arrivals in Slovakia? I am trying to translate something from their authorities website but can’t fully understand it. I think it is saying you must provide a neg test for Covid within 5 days of arriving but I will only be there for 2 so not sure what the story is. Any ideas?

Ignore this. I found it. Irish exempt from any testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

So either scrap the green list altogether and self isolation for everyone or enlarge it to most of the EU & EEA.
    If they scrap it altogether, self-isolation should be 10 days.
    Cases will keep rising everywhere with school reopened either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Icepick wrote: »
    So either scrap the green list altogether and self isolation for everyone or enlarge it to most of the EU & EEA.

Just produce the red list and let us get on with it, people are able to make up their own mind (or will anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Icepick wrote: »

Out of interest, where are you getting 10 days? I thought it was 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Its as if the government has conveniently forgotten about it's promise to update the list fortnightly.

Perhaps its because the UK would be on it based on current figures?

Advertisement