Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

deckie66 wrote: »
    Its as if the government has conveniently forgotten about it's promise to update the list fortnightly.

Perhaps its because the UK would be on it based on current figures?

That's not correct. The government said they looked at it at the last cabinet meeting and wanted to do a wider range of measures related to international travel and said they'd revisit the issue at the next cabinet meeting on 28th.

It was reported at the time that the Department of the Taoiseach was proposing to remove Greece from the green list which would have been the only proposed change it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Uriel. wrote: »
    That's not correct. The government said they looked at it at the last cabinet meeting and wanted to do a wider range of measures related to international travel and said they'd revisit the issue at the next cabinet meeting on 28th.

It was reported at the time that the Department of the Taoiseach was proposing to remove Greece from the green list which would have been the only proposed change it seems.

when first published they indicated that it would be updated every fortnight.

Yes, based on the current ECDC figures Greece would come off the list but the UK, Germany and Slovenia would join the list and Cyprus would rejoin it

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Yes, based on the current ECDC figures Greece would come off the list but the UK, Germany and Slovenia would join the list and Cyprus would rejoin it

Sure but let's not make it out to be some form of conspiracy. Government didn't "conveniently forget" as you put it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Out of interest, where are you getting 10 days? I thought it was 14.
    It should be 10 days if you have no symptoms

Icepick wrote: »
    It should be 10 days if you have no symptoms

Why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Uriel. wrote: »
    Sure but let's not make it out to be some form of conspiracy. Government didn't "conveniently forget" as you put it

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the government has definitely been able to gain legitimacy at a time many are fearful by the perception it has handled Covid better than the UK. No wonder they don't want to point out the UK's lower rate now by amending the Green List as they had promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Wallander wrote: »
    I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the government has definitely been able to gain legitimacy at a time many are fearful by the perception it has handled Covid better than the UK. No wonder they don't want to point out the UK's lower rate now by amending the Green List as they had promised.

It all depends on how they want to play it, they haven't published guidelines for how they assess, we just have Simon Coveney's explanation (fine), there's nothing forcing them to accept higher numbers, they could just as easily apply a maximum number to the list and red list pretty much every country on it if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Just back from Bratislava, well worth the visit. Not too busy, beautiful weather, cheap and lots to do. Thinking Lithuania next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Just back from Bratislava, well worth the visit. Not too busy, beautiful weather, cheap and lots to do. Thinking Lithuania next

Think Lithuania makes you quarantine if from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Think Lithuania makes you quarantine if from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Has the gov given up on this all together? There's been plenty of movement in the 7 day average per 100,000 and the green list remains unchanged

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Any update of whether Germany will be added to the green list??

Cases are going up here still but Iv always felt very comfortable here regarding the restrictions and recommendations.

Partner and I are due to fly to Ireland next Sunday so it would be delightful if we didn’t have to quarantine for 14 days.

Not sure how realistic it is that we do the quarantine anyway but we won’t be in contact with many people regardless and wearing a mask is no issue for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ireland has now breached 30 per 100k 14 day average cases, we will soon be added to many country's quarantine list and possibly the UKs.

It makes the green list situation even more ridiculous.

We are at 31.1 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

When is the list due to be updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Cork Lass wrote: »
    When is the list due to be updated?

Radio silence

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

There would be no update on green list. It is total failure of irish Gov. They waisted our summer with their ridiculous rules. Also, I think, MM should resign as he broke public health advise, he has not restricted his movements after journey to Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

gral6 wrote: »
    There would be no update on green list. It is total failure of irish Gov. They waisted our summer with their ridiculous rules. Also, I think, MM should resign as he broke public health advise, he has not restricted his movements after journey to Brussels.

Much as I would like to agree, he didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Ireland has now breached 30 per 100k 14 day average cases, we will soon be added to many country's quarantine list and possibly the UKs.

It makes the green list situation even more ridiculous.

We are at 31.1 this morning.

Every country's cases are going up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hungary is now no longer an option as introducing blanket ban on foreigners from 1 September.

Difficult to see how it will work around Austrian and Slovak border

Hungary is now no longer an option as introducing blanket ban on foreigners from 1 September.

Difficult to see how it will work around Austrian and Slovak border
    Can they ban other EU citizens from Hungary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Or Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Does anyone think that there will be any EU consensus on travel within the EU ?
    Even in 2021 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

VG31 wrote: »
    Or Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

In a lot of countries upon arrival you can do a test and freely walk without having to quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

UK and Germany have had lower levels for the last 2 weeks consistently. Why has the green list not been updated to reflect this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m due to go to portugal in a couple of weeks so I’m wondering if it will make the list. I’m working from home so would have no issue restricting my movements when I return but my husband is not in the same boat so we’ll only travel if it’s put on the list. Our numbers are very similar so I’m hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The issue is they are not updating the list regardless of what numbers other countries are at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

NPHET and the Government appear to have lost any trust a large percentage of the Irish public had in them, the green list fiasco just another in a very long line of farcical things they imposed on us, where does this madness end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

On a Venn diagram of green lists what countries are remaining ie Hungary and Finland are on our list but we’re not on theirs?

Must be down to a handful.

EDIT: Have just seen a post on the other travel thread saying Italy, Greece and Slovakia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Collie D wrote: »
    On a Venn diagram of green lists what countries are remaining ie Hungary and Finland are on our list but we’re not on theirs?

Must be down to a handful.

Greece, Italy and Slovakia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

VG31 wrote: »
    Greece, Italy and Slovakia.

Thanks. I saw your other post just after I submitted mine.

Not bad options in fairness. I was actually supposed to be in Slovakia at the beginning of the current situation and have fingers crossed to rearrange in October.

Advertisement