Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

i think ill give the Canaries and anywhere you've to wear a mask in public a miss, imagine having to wear a mask in that heat my jaysus, does that include waling down the street, i cant for the life of me see how that's going ti make a blind bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

So far, from media guessing today, it would look like the only places possible are Malta, Cyprus and Greece!

I'm guessing it suits them to not separate Canaries from main Spain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

LilyShame wrote: »
    So far, from media guessing today, it would look like the only places possible are Malta, Cyprus and Greece!

I'm guessing it suits them to not separate Canaries from main Spain...

why is Spain not going to be on it you think :confused: Malta could be a goer alright, never thought of there actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

no foreign holidays then so for 15 years+ for public sector workers if that extreme position remains, because this virus is not going away any time soon.

Not many airlines will survive this pandemic I imagine, god knows what price flights will be when this is all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

https://www.visitmalta.com/en/covid-19

Would people from Ireland not have to quarantine in Malta going by this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Ireland was cleared on July 1st,
    UPDATE 11/07/2020: Those passengers arriving from the already published list of countries and the following countries do not have to do any quarantine or need any special permits:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

No, Ireland is listed and it says all these countries “do not have to do any quarantine or need any special permits”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree with you. I just think it’d so miserable walking around with a mask on. It’s one thing doing it here but not on holidays.
    jonnny68 wrote: »
    i think ill give the Canaries and anywhere you've to wear a mask in public a miss, imagine having to wear a mask in that heat my jaysus, does that include waling down the street, i cant for the life of me see how that's going ti make a blind bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

No, Ireland is listed and it says all these countries “do not have to do any quarantine or need any special permits”

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Link is gone dead

"The country's travel 'green list' due to be published next week will be "very short" http://jrnl.ie/5153179t

• Advertisement

And yet tonight they say the list is less than 20 ...quite alot!

quote="Limpy;114064929"]Link is gone dead

"The country's travel 'green list' due to be published next week will be "very short" http://jrnl.ie/5153179t[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Denmark
    Estonia
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Lithuania
    Norway
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Switzerland

Can't see any reason why the above countries wouldn't be on the list.

Spain had 1,400 cases today, I would say it won't be on it. I'd also have my doubts about Portugal and France. Italy potentially will be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

xvril wrote: »
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Lithuania
    Norway
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Switzerland

Can't see any reason why the above countries wouldn't be on the list.

Spain had 1,400 cases today, I would say it won't be on it. I'd also have my doubts about Portugal and France. Italy potentially will be on it.
    Yea I think they will find a way to not include France, Spain and Italy as they are the main holiday destination for Irish.

Central Europe likely to be greened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

George Lee has put up an article there.

I see that... Its interesting he doesn't mention Greece...

George Lee has put up an article there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

On the news now, if you return from a country not on the green list, you have to 'restrict' your movements for 14 days - not self isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Bob Harris wrote: »
    On the news now, if you return from a country not on the green list, you have to 'restrict' your movements for 14 days - not self isolate.

Yeah the “restriction” when travelling from green countries as opposed to “self isolation” was mentioned yesterday too on Drivetime. Just remains to be seen what countries will be listed and what criteria will be / were used on Wed to come up with the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Scotland should be on the green list. Similar size population to here and similar daily new cases reported, (17 today).
    Both Scotland and Wales (16 new cases today) seem to have done a much better job in managing the pandemic than England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I agree, and the Canaries. Can't see the breaking down of nations done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

I agree, and the Canaries. Can't see the breaking down of nations done though.

At least NI should be on the list.

• Advertisement

Are they announcing on Monday or Wednesday?

quote="Dublin Mum;114065743"]Yeah the “restriction” when travelling from green countries as opposed to “self isolation” was mentioned yesterday too on Drivetime. Just remains to be seen what countries will be listed and what criteria will be / were used on Wed to come up with the list.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

LilyShame wrote: »
    Are they announcing on Monday or Wednesday?

quote="Dublin Mum;114065743"]Yeah the “restriction” when travelling from green countries as opposed to “self isolation” was mentioned yesterday too on Drivetime. Just remains to be seen what countries will be listed and what criteria will be / were used on Wed to come up with the list.
    [/quote]

Meeting was held last Wed so presumably decision made then with announcement Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

So are we all convinced that the Canary Islands won't make this list so....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

So are we all convinced that the Canary Islands won't make this list so....?
    wont be on the list, the britain thing is also strange because of the CTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I hold out very little hope that the Canaries will make it too. The only thing I'm clinging to is that they treat them as a separate entity to Spain but that really would be much too hard work for them.

Balls to it anyways as was supposed to be flying Monday.

I hold out very little hope that the Canaries will make it too. The only thing I'm clinging to is that they treat them as a separate entity to Spain but that really would be much too hard work for them.

So just fecking fly ffs. It's the eu, you have the ehic if anything happens. It's entirely your business. in work, tell them you went to Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

So just fecking fly ffs. It's the eu, you have the ehic if anything happens. It's entirely your business. in work, tell them you went to Kerry

Lying is never wise, if there was some scare about the flight you were on or the like you'd be sacked, and rightly so.

Cyprus should be on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

What happens with regards to flight refunds if the country isn't on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

What happens with regards to flight refunds if the country isn't on the list?

Irrelevant I’m afraid, if the flight is still going.

Advertisement