Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I would say we will need to wait until mid October for that level of detail. We may find there are regional approaches taken also.

That makes sense actually. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

SusanC10 wrote: »
    That makes sense actually. Thanks.

The Taoiseach mentioned that there is a discussion scheduled in EU Council on 13 October (I think) on the Commission recommendation. I expect they are already working on this in the background and hopefully there will be a clear way ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Very high. It will be announced tomorrow. That does not mean you cannot travel.

Thank you. I am working from home so I am not worry about myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

The Taoiseach mentioned that there is a discussion scheduled in EU Council on 13 October (I think) on the Commission recommendation. I expect they are already working on this in the background and hopefully there will be a clear way ahead.

Brilliant work by Taoiseach Martin Mehole, only another month to wait for a travel policy that everyone in the EU can understand, and which makes sense as well as being up to date... meanwhile we'll keep the aviation and tourism sector on hold and hope we don't loose another 10,000 jobs.. fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Luckymum01

Is there anywhere to find the % of positive tests for a country? Was hoping to travel before end of year reading EU proposal if over 50 per 100,000 there might still be an option as amber depending on % of positive tests. Is that correct? Also is it compiled anywhere? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

So, the numbers are just out , and for reference Ireland is at 54.7 cases per 100k in the last fortnight

ON the green list, probably, anyone under 25 :
    Germany 23.7
    Poland 19.0
    Finland 10.7
    Cyprus 6.1
    Latvia 4.2
    Lithuania 17.3
    Liechtenstein 7.8
    (Greenland, Monaco and other random statelets that you cant get to directly exept if you are a billionaire tax exile with a private jet, arent on the main European list, so not sure of their numbers, or the point in having such places on a list, making a mockery of the whole thing, unless the point is to provide quaranine free access to tax exile billionaires living in the likes of Monaco or Gibraltar)

Just missed out, but under Irelands number, so would have been on the old "its grand for us to export covid but not to import covid" green list
    Estonia 25.7
    Bulgaria 27.7
    Norway 28.6
    Sweden 29.4
    Greece 30.6
    Italy 33.0
    Slovakia 33.4
    Slovenia 46.7

The figures all come from here:
    https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

I still await an announcement that they are to postpone the green list as its far too risky to have travel when Ireland Dublin is struggling to contain its numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

From the DFA, fresh off the presses
    ‘Green’ (Normal Precautions) List to take effect from Monday 21 September

Cyprus*
    Finland*
    Germany
    Iceland
    Latvia*
    Lithuania*
    Poland

*Citizens considering travel to these locations should note the information below regarding restrictions on entry. These jurisdictions currently have quarantine requirements or other restrictions for arrivals from other jurisdictions, including Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0917/1165756-ryanair-oleary/

O'Leary is right, where in Europe are we supposed to go to for summer sun holidays in October? This needed to happen on July 1st, not mid October.

The_Brood wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0917/1165756-ryanair-oleary/

O'Leary is right, where in Europe are we supposed to go to for summer sun holidays in October? This needed to happen on July 1st, not mid October.

Canary Islands, Southern Portugal, Greek Islands, Morocco? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

The list has been 'expanded' from ten to seven. And forget Cyprus - where you need a negative test 72 hours before you travel.

Joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Even giving us a green list every Thursday is useless as I you could book a holiday now for a green country list but it could be back off the list next week. I'd be waiting until the EU list takes over before booking anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Even giving us a green list every Thursday is useless as I you could book a holiday now for a green country list but it could be back off the list next week. I'd be waiting until the EU list takes over before booking anything.

I mean, you will still have the same risk with the EU list.

DylanJM wrote: »

As far as I read it, you'll be able to make a more educated guess. Travel will be allowed to 'amber countries' under 50 based on the individual rules in each country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The whole thing is really obscure as countries are still out of sync.

So as things stand right now, Greece (with 30.6 per 100k) allows me to travel from Ireland with no restrictions on entering (other than the form) but Ireland (on 54.7 per 100k) asks me to restrict my movements for 14 days when I'm back from Greece.

Though I guess it is only a matter of time until Greece removes Ireland from their green list. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

DylanJM wrote: »

But will they be changing it every week. And I have more trust in the EU compared to the current mess of a government we have here. For example you can fly to these countries but you can't travel outside of Dublin.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    The whole thing is really obscure as countries are still out of sync.
    So as things stand right now, Greece (with 30.6 per 100k) allows me to travel from Ireland with no restrictions on entering (other than the form) but Ireland (on 54.7 per 100k) asks me to restrict my movements for 14 days when I'm back from Greece.
    Though I guess it is only a matter of time until Greece removes Ireland from their green list. . .

You'll get a swab jammed into your throat upon arrival in Greece for free... Better than here anyways, where a test is €150+ and you have to wait 3 days for a result..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can only go to Germany or Poland too as the rest have quarantine orders on visitors from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Why are Poland on the list, they don't even test there anymore, life pretty much back to normal

10 times our population and nearly same daily tests as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

rob316 wrote: »
    You can only go to Germany or Poland too as the rest have quarantine orders on visitors from Ireland.

I think with a good few of them you can get a private test before travelling then they will let you in.

Not much craic though and very costly so most people won't bother.

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    You'll get a swab jammed into your throat upon arrival in Greece for free... Better than here anyways, where a test is €150+ and you have to wait 3 days for a result..

yes, and to be honest with you I don't mind that. Get a test, test negative (hopefully and most likely) and go on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

EB_2013 wrote: »

Hopefully the EU List will be of more use to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Canary Islands, Southern Portugal, Greek Islands, Morocco? :)

Not one of these is on the green list btw.

Greece updated their rules today. You need a test now if you're coming from Hungary, but we're still good to go. However, there are a lot of rumours floating about that they're just trying to get as much out of the tourist season as possible before locking down in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Tazz T wrote: »
    Greece updated their rules today. You need a test now if you're coming from Hungary, but we're still good to go. However, there are a lot of rumours floating about that they're just trying to get as much out of the tourist season as possible before locking down in October.

Couple of people from work just back and they said the businesses are desperate for tourists. Bloody 14 days when I come back though!

Tazz T wrote: »

I think you're right. I talk to friends in Greece and they have the same feeling.
    It helps a lot that the weather is still very good and lots of activities (including restaurants) can be done outside. October will still be fairly warm but we don't get too many tourists anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

rob316 wrote: »
    I will be coming back from Poland tomorrow, will I need to quarantine for 14 days? My boss says I won't have to self isolate and he wants to roster me for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

sean29 wrote: »
    I will be coming back from Poland tomorrow, will I need to quarantine for 14 days? My boss says I won't have to self isolate and he wants to roster me for next week

Your boss is irrelevant , you never had to do amthing. As per guidelines you need to restrict your movements for 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

sean29 wrote: »

Why are you telling your boss your private business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Your boss is irrelevant , you never had to do amthing. As per guidelines you need to restrict your movements for 14 days.

Is restricting movements = not going to work? I can't work from home so can I go to work next week?

Advertisement