Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Why are you telling your boss your private business?

They demand to know and threaten punishments if you don't tell them. The government has been doing the same to public service workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Your boss is irrelevant , you never had to do amthing. As per guidelines you need to restrict your movements for 14 days.
    Poland has just been added to the Green List. That would mean no need to restrict movements from Monday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

is_that_so wrote: »
    Poland has just been added to the Green List. That would mean no need to restrict movements from Monday next.
    It will be added from Monday, I'm coming tomorrow, does it not mean that it's for flights arriving from Monday 0:01?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

sean29 wrote: »
    Is restricting movements = not going to work? I can't work from home so can I go to work next week?

Yes you can but the guidelines say you shouldn’t.

sean29 wrote: »
    It will be added from Monday, I'm coming tomorrow, does it not mean that it's for flights arriving from Monday 0:01?
    Knowing immigration they'd probably say yes. Tough call but I'd argue that if Poland are deemed good enough to go on the list now you're good to go. It's really bureaucracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Nope - added on Monday, list announced today, more madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Does anyone know what restrictions or actions would have to be taken when arriving in Cyprus from Ireland?

Does anyone know what restrictions or actions would have to be taken when arriving in Cyprus from Ireland?
    It's here.

https://www.thejournal.ie/green-list-5207244-Sep2020/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

The_Brood wrote: »
    They demand to know and threaten punishments if you don't tell them. The government has been doing the same to public service workers.

I don't think so, although that was mooted a few months ago. My wife is a nurse and wasn't asked about her holiday destination, either before we went or after she went back to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

polesheep wrote: »
    I don't think so, although that was mooted a few months ago. My wife is a nurse and wasn't asked about her holiday destination, either before we went or after she went back to work.

That's strange then, but I guarantee you 100% that other public workers have been asked that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The_Brood wrote: »
    That's strange then, but I guarantee you 100% that other public workers have been asked that.

Several memos from the HSE on the subject. A separate email from our HR department too. And before someone says it's none of their business its cited as a public health issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Knowing immigration they'd probably say yes. Tough call but I'd argue that if Poland are deemed good enough to go on the list now you're good to go. It's really bureaucracy.

To be fair the application from Monday is at least trying to be fair to people who are in Greece or Italy and flying back before Monday. So I think it is DFA trying to think rationally.

Several memos from the HSE on the subject. A separate email from our HR department too. And before someone says it's none of their business its cited as a public health issue.

I would love to see the State arguing that in Court particularly given what they have said in the High Court in recent days that it is ‘advisory’ only.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Ryanair flights to Munich from Dublin dont seem to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Tazz T wrote: »
    Greece updated their rules today. You need a test now if you're coming from Hungary, but we're still good to go. However, there are a lot of rumours floating about that they're just trying to get as much out of the tourist season as possible before locking down in October.

Yea probably, the weather on the Islands will be Summer time temps until the end of the month... People still travel to Crete and Santorini well into November, but i'd say a lot of hotels will think about closing up shop for the winter by then.. but what is there should be cheap....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Ryanair flights to Munich from Dublin dont seem to be available?

Ryanair pulled out of Munich last year.

VG31 wrote: »
    Ryanair pulled out of Munich last year.

thanks for the info! Ive been in Frankfurt and Berlin...Cologne, Bremen, Hamburg, Memmengen, Dusseldorf which would ye choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

thanks for the info! Ive been in Frankfurt and Berlin...Cologne, Bremen, Hamburg, Memmengen, Dusseldorf which would ye choose?

Hamburg is a great city. I recommend doing a day trip to Lübeck.

Ryanair don't fly to Bremen anymore from Dublin either. It's only 1 hour from Hamburg by train anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

VG31 wrote: »
    Hamburg is a great city. I recommend doing a day trip to Lübeck.

Ryanair don't fly to Bremen anymore from Dublin either. It's only 1 hour from Hamburg by train anyhow.

Make sure you check out "die sündigste Meile" in Hamburg if you go! ;)

Cologne. I like Hamburg also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

People who are anti travelling at this stage are completely bonkers.

According to a lot of people going abroad is a risky business and a source of introduction of the virus into the country, even though any green list countries have by definition 35% or less of our infection rates and countries with 40-50%+ aren't even on our 'safe travel' list.

It's bizarre that Dublin has 4 times more the rates of infection of some of the countries not on our green list yet a lot of people still think that foreigners and people going 'out foreign' are the problem.

there's no change traveling from outside of Dublin direct to Dublin airport?

People who are anti travelling at this stage are completely bonkers.

According to a lot of people going abroad is a risky business and a source of introduction of the virus into the country, even though any green list countries have by definition 35% or less of our infection rates and countries with 40-50%+ aren't even on our 'safe travel' list.

It's bizarre that Dublin has 4 times more the rates of infection of some of the countries not on our green list yet a lot of people still think that foreigners and people going 'out foreign' are the problem.

There are islands in Greece that have not had one case in months and no deaths. I cannot travel there.

There are islands in Greece that have not had one case in months and no deaths. I cannot travel there.

I think people seem to assume that you just automatically pick it up on a plane yet for some reason a bus or train in Ireland is grand (even though planes have larger air volumes per person and better filtration).

It's either that or pure xenophobia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Off to Italy tomorrow. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Greg81 wrote: »
    Off to Italy tomorrow. Can't wait.
    Enjoy yourself. :)

Enjoy yourself. :)

+1

Which part? Lovely country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

+1

Which part? Lovely country.

Flight to Naples then road trip to Sicily.

Syracuse is lovely if you make it that far.

• Advertisement

Brilliant!

Naples is a wonderful city, often underestimated.
    As the Italians say- 'see Naples and then you can die'

Don't forget to go to Pompei and the Amalfi coast.
    Sicily is also full of wonderful places.

Enjoy.

Advertisement