Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Shovel70 wrote: »
    Thanks Happydays. Notice of 3 to 4 working days would sound sensible as it would in theory allow passengers to get a result before travel. And if it is 3 to 4 days and they announce it on Sept 30 then I wont need one. I did not take notice of what happened when they added Hungary to their list of countries that required a covid test last week with regard to notice time.

Maybe no harm checking with tropical medical bureau what is the process and timing of you need a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

Would love some reassurance that flying out to Crete on the 29th without a negative test will work out for me , looks like I’ll be waiting till last second to make a call to go or not, don’t care about restricted movements on return just getting turned away from Greece would be a serious kick in the balls !!! Wait and hope is all we can do know I think

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

Maybe no harm checking with tropical medical bureau what is the process and timing of you need a test.
    I dont live in Dublin but TMB have a place in Dun Laoghaire and that's about 20 mins from where I work. Timing of test is my other concern...I can do it Wed am but I dont think samples go to lab till 3pm and they have 36-48 hrs turnaround in most cases but sometimes longer. I fly Friday 2pm. Or else I can do it Tues am but I dont land in Crete until 9pm Friday night and they might not accept it as it is out of the 72 hour period..Hopefully I will not need it at all but it's best to be prepared ��

Would love some reassurance that flying out to Crete on the 29th without a negative test will work out for me , looks like I’ll be waiting till last second to make a call to go or not, don’t care about restricted movements on return just getting turned away from Greece would be a serious kick in the balls !!! Wait and hope is all we can do know I think

I also have no problem with restricted movements on return but this possible need for a pre travel covid test is a little concerning. The current Greek covid test list of countries is up to Sept 30th so perhaps you will be lucky, although with the way Ireland and UK numbers are rising maybe they will update before then
    And UK are higher so if they add UK to list that would really have impact on the short remaining tourist season...as you say we can just wait and watch.

I dont live in Dublin but TMB have a place in Dun Laoghaire and that's about 20 mins from where I work. Timing of test is my other concern...I can do it Wed am but I dont think samples go to lab till 3pm and they have 36-48 hrs turnaround in most cases but sometimes longer. I fly Friday 2pm. Or else I can do it Tues am but I dont land in Crete until 9pm Friday night and they might not accept it as it is out of the 72 hour period..Hopefully I will not need it at all but it's best to be prepared ��

If I am correct they apply from the next Monday/ at least that was what they did with Belgium a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

If I am correct they apply from the next Monday/ at least that was what they did with Belgium a few weeks back.

That is what I hope will happen. I will just wait and watch and hope! I really want to start packing but I will wait a little longer....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭nickkinneg

What does "advise against non-essential travel" actually mean? Is it legally enforced and they can turn you back? Or is it as it actually says - advice only? Say to travel to Turkey for instance?

nickkinneg wrote: »
    What does "advise against non-essential travel" actually mean? Is it legally enforced and they can turn you back? Or is it as it actually says - advice only? Say to travel to Turkey for instance?

Not illegal...

https://www.thejournal.ie/state-high-court-ryanair-case-5206564-Sep2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

Got in touch with the hse about the EHIC card, anyone who wants to get this and is flying out in the next two weeks is better off waiting a couple of days before departure, then just walk in to your local office with all paperwork filled out and you will be issued an emergency certificate on the spot that will cover you for medical treatment in any European country for the duration of your holiday. Some sort of peace of mind I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That is what I hope will happen. I will just wait and watch and hope! I really want to start packing but I will wait a little longer....

I started packing the few things I will need for my trip - I will stay with my family so I don't need that much :)
    I got an email from the airline I fly with (Aegean Airlines) with some important information about my flight - including travel updates for entering Greece and that I need to fill-in the passenger locator form (PLF).
    So I had a look and since I could, I filled in the PLF.
    The first time you need to register with an email and password - you will receive an email to activate your account and then login using the email and password
    The Greek PLF asks you to give
    -flight details (airline, flight number, date of arrival)
    -personal details (name, phone number, address, email)
    -address where you will stay in Greece (there is an option to add a hotel or a cruise ship if that's the case)
    -emergency contact
    After submitting the form, you will get an email confirmation that the form was submitted and some instructions on next steps.
    The important thing to remember is you need both the PLF and the Scan Code (which will be sent at midnight of the day you are scheduled to arrive). If I'm not mistaken, the scan code kind of determines if you will be tested on arrival or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I started packing the few things I will need for my trip - I will stay with my family so I don't need that much :)
    I got an email from the airline I fly with (Aegean Airlines) with some important information about my flight - including travel updates for entering Greece and that I need to fill-in the passenger locator form (PLF).
    So I had a look and since I could, I filled in the PLF.
    The first time you need to register with an email and password - you will receive an email to activate your account and then login using the email and password
    The Greek PLF asks you to give
    -flight details (airline, flight number, date of arrival)
    -personal details (name, phone number, address, email)
    -address where you will stay in Greece (there is an option to add a hotel or a cruise ship if that's the case)
    -emergency contact
    After submitting the form, you will get an email confirmation that the form was submitted and some instructions on next steps.
    The important thing to remember is you need both the PLF and the Scan Code (which will be sent at midnight of the day you are scheduled to arrive). If I'm not mistaken, the scan code kind of determines if you will be tested on arrival or not.

The first number on the code determines whether you get tested. Last time I went 1 meant you got tested, 2 meant you were free to go.

Thanks Irish. I have not paid for any flights yet. The outgoing plane is only half full and the return one less. I am aware of the plf and QR code and there is speculation about the starting number...it now goes as far as 7 now and some say odd numbers tested...hopefully I get that far to see what is true!

Tazz T wrote: »
    The first number on the code determines whether you get tested. Last time I went 1 meant you got tested, 2 meant you were free to go.
    Thanks Irish. I have not paid for any flights yet. The outgoing plane is only half full and the return one less. I am aware of the plf and QR code and there is speculation about the starting number...it now goes as far as 7 now and some say odd numbers tested...hopefully I get that far to see what is true!

Thank you very much for the info!!
    To make things more intriguing, I'm in the situation were my flight leaves 5 minutes before midnight. Therefore I will board the plane with only the confirmation email of the PLF and the code will be sent to me during the flight.
    At this point I wouldn't mind getting tested on arrival, just to know at that point in time. I only have 2 close contacts in the last 14 days (one of them being my physio and we both wore facemasks) so chances of testing positve are really slim.
    I really hope you get to travel Shovel. Weather is still very pleasant in Greece, temperatures at mid-20s and lots of sunshine :)

Irish the QR code is sent at midnight Greek time which is 10pm here so you should have it before you fly.
    There is also a risk that even if you are negative, that a person sitting within 2 seats of you tests positive. They may then collect you and bring you to a quarantine hotel for at least 2 weeks. I would prefer not to be tested!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Irish the QR code is sent at midnight Greek time which is 10pm here so you should have it before you fly.

Just checking is it 72 hours before you go or could I do it now for Sunday?

There is also a risk that even if you are negative, that a person sitting within 2 seats of you tests positive. They may then collect you and bring you to a quarantine hotel for at least 2 weeks. I would prefer not to be tested!

Thank you very much Shovel, I didn't take the 2 hour difference into consideration!! :)

And I get your point about close contact. The good thing is that I fly business class (sitting in the first 2 rows) and Aegean has confirmed that they leave the middle seat empty in business class - so I think I would only have max 3 people in close proximity.

I'm open to correction, I think it is 72 hours before your arrival time.

[CENTER[/CENTER]

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Thursday will be an interesting day. Ireland will kick Germany off the green list - the same Germany who will have 60% less cases per head of population than Ireland. This follows from kicking off Greece and Italy who have about 50% of the cases Ireland has per head of population.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

The 25 cases per 100,000 will be a useless measurement as the only countries that will be on the green list will be Latvia and Finland (which require quarantine for arrivals from Ireland) and Liechtenstein which you can't get to without going to Switzerland or Austria first. Perhaps Poland as well although they're getting very close to the 25 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I can see them just leaving the Green List alone until the EU rules are adopted in October. It’s next to useless at this stage.

They had no problem failing to update for nearly 2 months and screw travel plans both in and out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

VG31 wrote: »
    The 25 cases per 100,000 will be a useless measurement as the only countries that will be on the green list will be Latvia and Finland (which require quarantine for arrivals from Ireland) and Liechtenstein which you can't get to without going to Switzerland or Austria first. Perhaps Poland as well although they're getting very close to the 25 mark.

Finland has a green list (using the 25 criteria) and from next week they've got Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus and Poland on it (plus Uruguay, Rwanda, NZ, AUS and S. Korea). Not much travel choice over there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Polar101 wrote: »
    Finland has a green list (using the 25 criteria) and from next week they've got Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus and Poland on it (plus Uruguay, Rwanda, NZ, AUS and S. Korea). Not much travel choice over there either.

I missed Cyprus. I think you need to have a negative test before travelling there.

Norway's green list is even worse. It's just Finland, Iceland, Latvia and Lithuania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I can see them just leaving the Green List alone until the EU rules are adopted in October. It’s next to useless at this stage.

They had no problem failing to update for nearly 2 months and screw travel plans both in and out of the country.

It's amazing how no one held them accountable for this. They didn't even give a reason, they just stopped updating it and didn't care how many people they were screwing over. Is this an elected government of the people or an empire?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

any idea the time these tests take to get a results? total balls

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0923/1166864-coronavirs-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

any idea the time these tests take to get a results? total balls

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0923/1166864-coronavirs-ireland/

Not really. They are only now bringing in measure on a place (Dublin) which has 5 times their infection rate.
    They are not even introducing a quarantine/Isolation period but giving the option to these travellers from High risk area to get a free test at the airport to avoid Isolating.

meanwhile we are not even giving this option to people coming from countries with one quarter our own infection rates.

Germany are showing us up for the shams we are and how a modern system towards overseas travel should work.

Now on the test- you should get the result the next day but Germany also give you the option of bringing a negative test result from Ireland, as long as it's taken no more than 48 hours before flying

Not really. They are only now bringing in measure on a place (Dublin) which has 5 times their infection rate.
    They are not even introducing a quarantine/Isolation period but giving the option to these travellers from High risk area to get a free test at the airport to avoid Isolating.

meanwhile we are not even giving this option to people coming from countries with one quarter our own infection rates.

Germany are showing us up for the shams we are and how a modern system towards overseas travel should work.

Now on the test- you should get the result the next day but Germany also give you the option of bringing a negative test result from Ireland, as long as it's taken no more than 48 hours before flying

Well said. Ireland should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Flew to greece today. Plane was iiterally full. Not sure if Ryanair is consolidating flights or what there. Airport was a dream, but surprising number of english on the flight. Has me wondering are they flying to belfast then flying from Dub to flirt the UK rules. Lots of them drunk as well which was the off-putting thing about it.

for those wondering about testing even number on the plf are no test, odd number are test.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

I’ve tried searching for this but it’s all worded towards point to point travel. What if you want to connect through Germany? So DUB - Germany - Country 3.

Will they test you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Tazz T wrote: »
    Has me wondering are they flying to belfast then flying from Dub to flirt the UK rules. Lots of them drunk as well which was the off-putting thing about it.

Could be coming into Dublin and then out. No need to go through Belfast.

Advertisement