Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

3xh wrote: »
    I’ve tried searching for this but it’s all worded towards point to point travel. What if you want to connect through Germany? So DUB - Germany - Country 3.

Will they test you?

Exception: transit
    The obligation to self-isolate at home does not apply in the case of transit through Germany. In this case, however, you are obliged to leave Germany immediately.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/coronavirus#content_0

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Could be coming into Dublin and then out. No need to go through Belfast.

Not sure what part of Greece you were flying to but mainland Greece is still on UK green list, only islands require quarantine. It might be that it was cheaper to take 2 flights than direct from UK. Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

I see ryanair are doing buy one get one free from 12am.

https://www.facebook.com/ryanair/videos/1031297123956974

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

tara83 wrote: »
    Not sure what part of Greece you were flying to but mainland Greece is still on UK green list, only islands require quarantine. It might be that it was cheaper to take 2 flights than direct from UK. Just a thought

Crete. Banned for UK travellers. Which is a bit silly considering all the high rates of infection are in Attica.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

VG31 wrote: »
    Exception: transit
    The obligation to self-isolate at home does not apply in the case of transit through Germany. In this case, however, you are obliged to leave Germany immediately.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/coronavirus#content_0

Does this apply to transit flights only or can I fly into Germany and then get on the bus and head to neighbouring country ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

'Magic wrote:
    =);114713823']Does this apply to transit flights only or can I fly into Germany and then get on the bus and head to neighbouring country ?

I'd assume you'd need to be getting on another flight out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

'Magic wrote:
    =);114713823']Does this apply to transit flights only or can I fly into Germany and then get on the bus and head to neighbouring country ?

The way it's worded makes it sound like you could, but you'd want to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

VG31 wrote: »
    The way it's worded makes it sound like you could, but you'd want to confirm that.

Looked up government websites and transit applies to both air and land travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I'm just hoping someone will stand up and sue the government over all this, because what they have done is absolutely criminal.

If they had just banned all travel altogether - that obviously creates other issues, but at least people like me wouldn't have lost money on flights, accommodation etc.

If they had allowed normal travel but with high degree of caution - some would say that is too lax, but at least people would get to make their own decisions.

But this approach - publishing a half-arsed, half-explained "Green list" of select locations you can go to, with the caveat that those locations can be taken off fortnightly and you'd face quarantine rules, interfering with your employment - forcing people to make very specific and well calculated plans, only for all that go out the window when they completely fail to update the list fortnightly as promised and just pretend they never said that - that is criminal and should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law. What do they think allows them to take the absolute piss out of people in this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

The_Brood wrote: »
    I'm just hoping someone will stand up and sue the government over all this, because what they have done is absolutely criminal.

If they had just banned all travel altogether - that obviously creates other issues, but at least people like me wouldn't have lost money on flights, accommodation etc.

If they had allowed normal travel but with high degree of caution - some would say that is too lax, but at least people would get to make their own decisions.

But this approach - publishing a half-arsed, half-explained "Green list" of select locations you can go to, with the caveat that those locations can be taken off fortnightly and you'd face quarantine rules, interfering with your employment - forcing people to make very specific and well calculated plans, only for all that go out the window when they completely fail to update the list fortnightly as promised and just pretend they never said that - that is criminal and should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law. What do they think allows them to take the absolute piss out of people in this way?

Ryanair have brought the Government to Court.

Not sure where it is now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Just updated............wait for it.............

Cyprus*
    Finland*
    Latvia*
    Liechtenstein

Ridiculous :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

Completely ridiculous considering that Ireland 14 day total is currently 71 and so many of the countries that they have removed from the bloody greenlist are considerably less than us....I say this as a hopeful traveller to Crete next Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Knowing this useless government the list will be as follows

1. Chernobyl.
    2. Fukushima
    3.Kazakhstan
    4.Turkmenistan
    5.Syria
    6.Iran
    7.Iraq

Maybe Antarctica but that could be pushing it.

And thats it for the first list of Green countries.

Heading into the summer in Antarctica, grand long days and temps are rising due to global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Ryanair have brought the Government to Court.

Not sure where it is now though.

It's been two sittings in the high court, talk is it's going to go to the supreme court.
    Ryanairs council riped the government's council apart on the second sitting.
    Seemly the government's council is using the fact that essential travel is in place and that the government are not stopping people from travel abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Seamai wrote: »
    Heading into the summer in Antarctica, grand long days and temps are rising due to global warming.

Yeah, the marathon is normally there about the start of December. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

ZX7R wrote: »
    It's been two sittings in the high court, talk is it's going to go to the supreme court.
    Ryanairs council riped the government's council apart on the second sitting.
    Seemly the government's council is using the fact that essential travel is in place and that the government are not stopping people from travel abroad.

Have been following this. Back in court next month.

The whole premise of the states defence is that the proceedings are null and void as there are no laws restricting travel or enforcing quarantine... Simply recommendations or suggestions.

What a complete and utter farce especially with this evenings announcement. Countries on the list for literally a week and now off again, despite far lower numbers then here.

The media and government often talk only in terms of foreign holidays. I saw a stat recently that said there are more than 1 million people residing in Ireland who were not born here.

We are destroying the mental health of a number of these people I am sure. Not to mention the countless Irish living abroad.

We are a joke and if I had any holidays left with work I would be more determined than ever to head away.

Edit. I forgot to add, where is the outspoken Leo now..

Edit Edit (sorry) but I am thick now about all this. What is the plan, rolling county lockdowns until a magic bullet arrives (there is none)? If there is a huge spike in winter, the blame will lay with the government because they will have lost the public

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

There are no quarantine rules. You can fly in from Timbuktu and head straight to work if you want.

Please understand the nuances of the wording around Green Lists, restricting your movements, the Passenger Locator Form, etc.

The government deliberately worded their advice on it all to make the advice sound like legislation punishable by fine/jail/etc.

Don’t tell your colleagues where you’re going. Go on holiday, come back, complete the PLF at passport control and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Feria40 wrote: »
    Have been following this. Back in court next month.

The whole premise of the states defence is that the proceedings are null and void as there are no laws restricting travel or enforcing quarantine... Simply recommendations or suggestions.

What a complete and utter farce especially with this evenings announcement. Countries on the list for literally a week and now off again, despite far lower numbers then here.

The media and government often talk only in terms of foreign holidays. I saw a stat recently that said there are more than 1 million people residing in Ireland who were not born here.

We are destroying the mental health of a number of these people I am sure. Not to mention the countless Irish living abroad.

We are a joke and if I had any holidays left with work I would be more determined than ever to head away.

Edit. I forgot to add, where is the outspoken Leo now..

Edit Edit (sorry) but I am thick now about all this. What is the plan, rolling county lockdowns until a magic bullet arrives (there is none)? If there is a huge spike in winter, the blame will lay with the government because they will have lost the public

Did the lawyer for the Irish government state that there were no international travel restrictions existing in Ireland ?
    This would be welcome news for some people who wish to travel into Ireland or out of Ireland. It was not news that was made widely available in the Irish media.

3xh wrote: »
    There are no quarantine rules. You can fly in from Timbuktu and head straight to work if you want.

Please understand the nuances of the wording around Green Lists, restricting your movements, the Passenger Locator Form, etc.

The government deliberately worded their advice on it all to make the advice sound like legislation punishable by fine/jail/etc.

Don’t tell your colleagues where you’re going. Go on holiday, come back, complete the PLF at passport control and off you go.

If your employer finds out they can punish you for breaking government guidelines. The government itself punishes public servants for not adhering to green/red list guidelines and threatens disciplinary action if you do not tell them where you are going (see document published by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform)

If the practical advise is "don't tell anyone" that's beside the point. The government does not have a legal foot to stand on claiming all this is advisory when it threatens public workers with punishments for not adhering to its "advice."

If the court system is working properly they need to be absolutely destroyed.

If your employer finds out they can punish you for breaking government guidelines. The government itself punishes public servants for not adhering to green/red list guidelines and threatens disciplinary action if you do not tell them where you are going (see document published by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform)

If the practical advise is "don't tell anyone" that's beside the point. The government does not have a legal foot to stand on claiming all this is advisory when it threatens public workers with punishments for not adhering to its "advice."

If the court system is working properly they need to be absolutely destroyed.

An employer cannot tell you that you can't go to Mongolia in your free time.

• Advertisement

Scoondal wrote: »
    An employer cannot tell you that you can't go to Mongolia in your free time.

The government is certainly telling that to public workers. See 4.5 here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/0cfe6-update-24th-august-2020-to-guidance-on-working-arrangements-during-covid-19-for-the-civil-and-public-service/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Really would not stand up in court. Issue for Govt is front line workers.

I am surprised to read that an employer can tell you what you cannot do in your private life. If my employer interferred in my private life, I would be gone.
    Do other people accept this as normal ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Just wanted to add its a shambles as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Did the lawyer for the Irish government state that there were no international travel restrictions existing in Ireland ?
    This would be welcome news for some people who wish to travel into Ireland or out of Ireland. It was not news that was made widely available in the Irish media.

Available here:

https://www.thejournal.ie/state-high-court-ryanair-case-5206564-Sep2020/

Clear as day

I am surprised to read that an employer can tell you what you cannot do in your private life. If my employer interferred in my private life, I would be gone.
    Do other people accept this as normal ?

It's absolutely not normal, it's scandalous and the government needs to be exposed and sued to hell for this. The issue is you either have to sue the government, or search for new line of work in the midst of a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Really would not stand up in court. Issue for Govt is front line workers.

I agree.

First off, that doc is for public service managers’ eyes. Not the general population in the private sector.

Secondly, whilst if a public service worker took a case of unfair treatment against the state for making them take an extra 14 days Leave, it would take years for it to be resolved through any process mechanism, the state wouldn’t have a hope in a case taken by it against a staff member who either lied about their destination or refused to take extra leave days upon their Red Country return.

As strict as that wording is, it’s toothless.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭T.V Eye

No chance an employer can discipline anyone for flying to a place that’s written on their passport.

That said, if management don’t like it, it could still cause you problems, just nothing formal.

T.V Eye wrote: »
    No chance an employer can discipline anyone for flying to a place that’s written on their passport.

That said, if management don’t like it, it could still cause you problems.
    But an employment contract can be enforced on an employer. My last contract said that I must do x,y and z in a timely manner. I would never sign a contract that stated that an employer could tell me not to do certain things in my private life. That would be bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭T.V Eye

But an employment contract can be enforced on an employer. My last contract said that I must do x,y and z in a timely manner. I would never sign a contract that stated that an employer could tell me not to do certain things in my private life. That would be bizarre.

No chance I’d put my name on a contract like that either.

Advertisement