Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

3xh wrote: »
    I’m sure you’ve checked already but I understand Greece requires entering passengers to notify them via an online link of your impending arrival.
    I’ve heard of a family that got caught out last week.

If you turn up at the Gate in Dublin airport without that Greek travel form you'll be back home in your own house later that same day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

3xh wrote: »
    Enjoy.

I’m sure you’ve checked already but I understand Greece requires entering passengers to notify them via an online link of your impending arrival.

I’ve heard of a family that got caught out last week.

I know in Crete they do targeted testing of arrivals too so you may get a free test out of it in the airport (whichever it is, I’m sure it’s a Greece wide policy) when you arrive.

Out of curiosity, what happened when they were "caught out" - were they still allowed to enter Greece?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

The_Brood wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what happened when they were "caught out" - were they still allowed to enter Greece?

Like I said above, they won't be leaving Dublin airport without it.

The document you linked is a guidance document - the clue is in the title.

And yes, anyone who engages with the nonsense contained within, is an idiot.

Would you be so kind to share the contact details for your employer then? I would like to find out just how often when they present to you their regulations you laugh in their face and tell them you're not idiot enough to engage with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

Passenger location form filled out and sent , bags packed, they’re be no ****in sccchhhtoppin me. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Passenger location form filled out and sent , bags packed, they’re be no ****in sccchhhtoppin me. Bastards.

Where in Greece are you off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Would you be so kind to share the contact details for your employer then? I would like to find out just how often when they present to you their regulations you laugh in their face and tell them you're not idiot enough to engage with them.

You can tell your employers whatever you want.

I don't tell my employers what I do in my free time.

It's none of their business.

You can tell your employers whatever you want.

I don't tell my employers what I do in my free time.

It's none of their business.

So do you not then see why it is highly illegal for the government to demand this information from its employees, and why it should be sued down to the ground?

This government and its actions is ultimately the result of the choices the voters made in the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

The document is linked directly in the HR emails sent to all public servants. And the emails themselves quote directly the relevant section. It is also publicly available.

Our experiences are very different then because all other public servants I have spoken with (in different agencies) have received the exact same communication.

Very different. I know of no public service worker in the HSE that has received such an email. In fact, prior to travelling, my wife, a nurse, contacted HR to get written confirmation that she could travel to a green list country, as she had had no communication from anyone up to that point.

So do you not then see why it is highly illegal for the government to demand this information from its employees, and why it should be sued down to the ground?

This government and its actions is ultimately the result of the choices the voters made in the election.

Take a look at the age profile of senior officials in the PS unions, then add the potential for a cushy quango number and you'll see why they have stayed quiet over this issue.

• Advertisement

Where in Greece are you off to?

Crete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Crete

I booked 25 days in Greece next August but was originally meant to be there this week. And the weather looks perfect.

Thanks for all the info in this thread people, don’t think the trouble and strife would of traveled before hearing people’s stories of safe journeys and returns , it really swayed our decision

I booked 25 days in Greece next August but was originally meant to be there this week. And the weather looks perfect.

It sure does !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Crete

Weather is beautiful! Just getting ready to.head to the local village for some fizzy drinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

polesheep wrote: »
    Honest question, do you know of anyone who has received this document other than management? I have asked around and cannot find any public servant who has. It's an important point, because if you have not seen the document then you may well be unaware of the rule and if so you can hardly be blamed for breaking it. And is anyone actually being asked where they are going? I know my wife wasn't and she's a nurse.

My sister told me that she received an email linking the document and then another email asking everyone who had already booked AL to notify their manager if leaving the jurisdiction with the dates and location. Anyone booking AL going forward has to notify the manager before AL is approved.

SusanC10 wrote: »
    My sister told me that she received an email linking the document and then another email asking everyone who had already booked AL to notify their manager if leaving the jurisdiction with the dates and location. Anyone booking AL going forward has to notify the manager before AL is approved.

Perhaps your sister works in an area where email correspondence is a regular thing. In my wife's case I don't believe she has ever received an email from her employer. Although, as she never bothers checking her mail, who knows.:D Either way, it's disgraceful behaviour and unlikely to be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think this is it in a nutshell.
    If someone had the time and the money to pursue this in courts, I doubt if it would stand - especially since in the Ryanair case the defense was that there are no travel restrictions, only recommendations.

I'm also in Greece at the moment on holidays -albeit in Athens, visiting my family.
    The weather is still warm which means outdorrs sitting is the norm, which is great.
    Masks in all stores and public transport and outdoors where social distancing isn't possible i.e. the weekly open air market.
    Outside the media, people get on with their lives as best as they can. It is really refreshing to switch off as much as possible from discussing covid. I think when I'm back I will just stop looking in the boards covid subforum - probably just look at the travel and green list threads to exchange opinions, as people try to have an actual discussion :)

To anyone who is on holidays or plans one, enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

"I'm also in Greece at the moment on holidays -albeit in Athens, visiting my family.".

Hi Irish. Hope you are having a great time. Is there any local talk of a Greek lockdown such as was talked about in Greek Press last week and on some SM?
    I will hopefully be arriving on Friday to Crete.

I’m off to Greece in the morning, I’m not a civil servant but work in small company in the construction industry. I booked my holiday while Greece was on the green list and obviously it isn’t anymore. I get on very well with my employer, and out of courtesy told him I was going to Greece either way. And his exact response to me was, you do whatever you like because there’s **** all me or anybody else can do about it anyway. We are all big boys and girls , I’ll take the same precautions in Greece as I would in Ireland because at the end of the day I don’t want any virus, Covid or otherwise. But as far as I can see, and believe me I’ve looked hard over the last few weeks - we are free to travel where and when we like without repercussions. Will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Hi Andy. Please do let us know how you get on. I am flying out to Crete on Friday. I would like to know if it is still the case that plf codes beginning with an odd number are tested and even numbers are not! Have a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Shovel70 wrote: »
    "I'm also in Greece at the moment on holidays -albeit in Athens, visiting my family.".

Hi Irish. Hope you are having a great time. Is there any local talk of a Greek lockdown such as was talked about in Greek Press last week and on some SM?
    I will hopefully be arriving on Friday to Crete.

Hello Shovel,
    nothing at the moment.
    The official government channels continue saying that "things are critical, but we aren't close to another lockdown": what I get from this is that they try to exhaust every other avenue of restrictions before considering a lockdown.
    At the moment the issue is specific with the wider Athens area - which accounts for more that 50% of new cases every day. So the next steps is some additional measures for the area only (like masks outdoors and restrictions on gatherings) - similar to what happens in Ireland with Dublin.

As far as I know, Crete is quite stable, so I expect you will be OK to travel and you will have a great time - Greece is expecting a mini heatwave on the weekend with temperatures getting over 30 degrees, so prepare for some nice, sunny, hot weather!! :)

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Hello Shovel,
    nothing at the moment.
    The official government channels continue saying that "things are critical, but we aren't close to another lockdown": what I get from this is that they try to exhaust every other avenue of restrictions before considering a lockdown.
    At the moment the issue is specific with the wider Athens area - which accounts for more that 50% of new cases every day. So the next steps is some additional measures for the area only (like masks outdoors and restrictions on gatherings) - similar to what happens in Ireland with Dublin.

As far as I know, Crete is quite stable, so I expect you will be OK to travel and you will have a great time - Greece is expecting a mini heatwave on the weekend with temperatures getting over 30 degrees, so prepare for some nice, sunny, hot weather!! :)

Ah thanks so much for your reply. I had heard this am that any new restrictions might be centred around the Attica region alright. I am only now just starting to pack. I was worried about needing a pre travel negative covid test but hopefully that will not affect me now even if they announce it tomorrow as they gave czech republic 4 days notice last week....so Crete , here I come....hopefully!

Weather is beautiful! Just getting ready to.head to the local village for some fizzy drinks :)

Hi Stargazer. Hope you are having a great time! Were many people tested from your flight and did the first number of QR code mean anything, e.g. odd numbers tested? Hope to be there Friday.

Hi Stargazer. Hope you are having a great time! Were many people tested from your flight and did the first number of QR code mean anything, e.g. odd numbers tested? Hope to be there Friday.

Stargazer can confirm as well, in my case the code started and ended with an even number (4 and 8) and I was let in with no questions asked.

Also in my case, when I went to check in my luggage, the woman in the counter asked to see the code - I think to confirm that I have one. I am under the impression that there were 3 people in front of me that didn't have the code and they wouldn't check them in.

Edit: airline was Aegean, the Greek airline, and they would follow the protocol to the letter. Not sure how Ryanair would handle that, I would expect something similar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

No one at all off the flight was tested from what I could see. Someone said earlier that 1 was tested and 2 wasnt but my code started with 4! But after passport control you come down the stairs and someone was there checking the codes. Sent everyone I saw through. Waiting for luggage and didnt see anyone sent to the chairs!

Ryanair checking the codes when you get to the boarding gates. Luckily everyone on my flight had them. However my daughter arrived from London and a couple on her flight weren't allowed to board.

Kalispera Irish and Stargazer! Thank you so much for your replies and sorry to interrupt your holiday. That helps so much. I will raise a raki to you both on Friday. Enjoy rest of your holidays.

Sitting at the gates waiting to board, have to say it’s been the best Dublin airport experience I’ve ever had. Place is empty and all daa staff have been excellent. Have not been asked for the QR code as of yet.

Qr code is required when boarding, anyone who is apprehensive about going away my advice is do it , so far a great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

"doctor" Ronan Glynn has stated today that in July there was an incidence rate of 5 per 100,000. I went to a place in France that had even less deaths than Ireland. I was called "selfish". I simply looked at the facts. Why will NPHET not agree to live broadcast of their meetings with government ?
    New Zealand does it.

Advertisement