Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

Just landed, the misses got tested, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

Just landed, the misses got tested, fingers crossed

Ah no Andy, that's a pain, hopefully it all works out for you. Did your QR codes start with an even number or an odd number or maybe it doesn't matter anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

We got one code between the 3 of us , started odd ended even, but only she got tested. Seems to be fairly random as a lot of people I’ve talked to here so far said nobody on their flight was tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

We got one code between the 3 of us , started odd ended even, but only she got tested. Seems to be fairly random as a lot of people I’ve talked to here so far said nobody on their flight was tested.

Same happened to us. It will be an anxious 24 hours but try to put it aside in your mind. They will only contact if it is a positive test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Same happened to us. It will be an anxious 24 hours but try to put it aside in your mind. They will only contact if it is a positive test.

Wasn't an anxious 24hrs at all when I got tested! :D

Just relax, get on with it and enjoy the break...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

They only usually test one person in a family group.

Get on with your hol. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Talking to a British guy yesterday who lives here. Crete has had 80 cases in total he said. Doesn't seem to be the daily headlines in the papers or news from what I have seen so far. It's just so different from back home. Masks in shops and that's it.

More Ball-OX:

https://jrnl.ie/5220710

THE GREEN LIST for travel precautions has remained unchanged today after undergoing a weekly review.
    • Arrivals in Liechtenstein from Ireland must quarantine for 10 days and report their arrival to authorities.
    • In Cyprus, visitors from Ireland must be tested for Covid-19 within 72 hours before flying into the country and have received a negative result.
    • Arrivals in Finland from Ireland are advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
    • Latvia must self-isolate for 10 days after arrival and submit a questionnaire to their carrier before entering the country

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Why did they not update the green list today?
    Still only 4* countries on it (3 and a half)

But there are several countries that are under the 25 per 100,000 case threshold

See here:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Germany Greece Italy turkey and more all well under 25 and far lower than Ireland

What a load of old sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

cjbh wrote: »
    Why did they not update the green list today?
    Still only 4* countries on it (3 and a half)

But there are several countries that are under the 25 per 100,000 case threshold

See here:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Germany Greece Italy turkey and more all well under 25 and far lower than Ireland

What a load of old sh*t

That link is cases per 100,000 over 7 days not 14. The green list is determined off the 14 day rate.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

• Advertisement

Yeap, Ireland is at 88.8 cases/100k

Sweden at: 46.8/100k
    Italy
    Germany
    Poland
    Bulgaria
    Greece
    Croatia
    Norway
    Slovakia
    Lithuania
    Estonia

All lower than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Why do you put "doctor" in quotation marks implying he's not a doctor. The fact is that he is, regardless of what you preach. What does NZ's policy have to do with ours? Would you like to take on their strict travel regulations too? Or just pick and choose?

Hope it all went well. I have received my QR code and it starts with a 7 so that may mean I am also tested as rumour has it that codes starting with an odd number are tested. If anyone knows any different would be grateful to hear!

Shovel70 wrote: »
    Hope it all went well. I have received my QR code and it starts with a 7 so that may mean I am also tested as rumour has it that codes starting with an odd number are tested. If anyone knows any different would be grateful to hear!

If you get tested you get tested?

I mean just try not to gag when they swab you, go have a cold beer after... it's no big deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

At Chania, 7 is a test. No rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Tazz T wrote: »
    At Chania, 7 is a test. No rumour.

Thanks for that, I had guessed as much...

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    If you get tested you get tested?

I mean just try not to gag when they swab you, go have a cold beer after... it's no big deal..

It's not the test, it's the waiting and the possible outcome that is the problem! But it's a chance we all take when we choose to go to Greece so I will have more than one cold beer afterwards...

mikekerry wrote: »
    I've had people telling me I was breaking laws by visiting Ireland.
    The fact remains that the Irish Government was happy for people to remain under the misunderstanding that travel was highly restricted
    Furthermore I'd say they enthusiastically encouraged it and were reluctant to clarify the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Absolutely. They and the media knew what they had to do. Disgusting really.

But as grown adults, those who allowed themselves to believe the wording as hoped by government have only themselves to blame.

The written wording was actually clear. It was the verbal rehashing by journos on air, columnists, etc that spun it as such.

• Advertisement

It's not the test, it's the waiting and the possible outcome that is the problem! But it's a chance we all take when we choose to go to Greece so I will have more than one cold beer afterwards...

You'll be fine I'm sure, after the 2nd Greek beer I forgot about the swab and enjoyed the hols...

You'll be fine I'm sure, after the 2nd Greek beer I forgot about the swab and enjoyed the hols...

I could also hit the raki, then I might forget everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

3xh wrote: »
    Absolutely. They and the media knew what they had to do. Disgusting really.

But as grown adults, those who allowed themselves to believe the wording as hoped by government have only themselves to blame.

The written wording was actually clear. It was the verbal rehashing by journos on air, columnists, etc that spun it as such.

It was incredible to me how many people there were that couldn't get past the first paragraph on the DFA website. Even when they read the whole thing some people were still convinced that travelling to a green list country was breaking the 'rules'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I could also hit the raki, then I might forget everything!

Oh jesus it's like jet fuel and they insist on giving it to you after every meal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Raki is lovely in small doses.

I am delighted to hear everyone is having a good time.

Oh jesus it's like jet fuel and they insist on giving it to you after every meal :)

Just waiting to board. I like the honey raki but I will drink what am given :)...

Oops

I like the honey raki but I will drink what I am given!....just boarding...

Log off Boards.ie and all Irish news sites so you can have a stress free holiday!

Log off Boards.ie and all Irish news sites so you can have a stress free holiday!

Am kinda stress free at the moment! Will have the test and what will be will be...

• Advertisement

Am kinda stress free at the moment! Will have the test and what will be will be...

I've had two airport Covid tests, you'll be grand... Enjoy the beers, Yamas!

Advertisement