Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I've had two airport Covid tests, you'll be grand... Enjoy the beers, Yamas!

Yams later to be sure! Just moving onto runway...to be continued...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Andywyer1983

So the misses was waiting 24hrs to hear if she tested positive for Covid after being tested in the airport on arrival in Crete. Exactly 24hrs to the minute she got a call from a private number as we were sipping on cocktails by the pool. Absolute panic set in for a few minutes until she discovered it was her job in Ireland calling to see if she could cover someone’s shift !!!!! You couldn’t make it up ! Anyway all good now

So shocker...I was tested..and actually a fair few from my flight were...got collected and brought to my place...food ready...and yes there was raki...after some wine...am now sitting on beach with duty free captain and loving life...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Shovel70 wrote: »
    So shocker...I was tested..and actually a fair few from my flight were...got collected and brought to my place...food ready...and yes there was raki...after some wine...am now sitting on beach with duty free captain and loving life...

Yeap, most from one of my flights were all tested....

Sounds like you're already sitting back and relaxing, and your Captain too ;)

...so log off Boards.ie and protect your mental health for the next week or two... :)

Yeap, most from one of my flights were all tested....

Sounds like you're already sitting back and relaxing, and your Captain too ;)

...so log off Boards.ie and protect your mental health for the next week or two... :)

I actually bought the captain as emergency.." Fxck I am gonna be locked away for 14 days"...just in case kinda scenario...turns out it was a "just in case I wanna get locked".. oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

when is the next announcement re the Green List..I have 10 days to get free cancellation for my hotel:(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

when is the next announcement re the Green List..I have 10 days to get free cancellation for my hotel:(

Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Does it really matter? The courts have said it is advisory only.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looking at the latest ECDC figures Finland will be the only country on the Green List by Thursday

faceman wrote: »
    Looking at the latest ECDC figures Finland will be the only country on the Green List by Thursday

Clown world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

faceman wrote: »

Finland gone above 25 now, no country left now, Tony will be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Remember its just advice...

The question is which country will allow us in without any hassle, looks like Sweden is the only place worth going to...

Remember its just advice...

The question is which country will allow us in without any hassle, looks like Sweden is the only place worth going to...

I am in Crete. They do random covid tests on arrival to their airports...after filling out a plf form online they send you a QR code ...and based on that code you are chosen for a test or not...looks like codes starting with an odd number are tested. Also I am lucky to have 2 weeks off when I return so I can restrict my movements! I was tested...I knew it was a risk but I am so glad I made the decision to travel....33 degrees today and having a large Mythos right now...Yamas!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Theres still some European countries you can enter without restrictions. Might be different if we go to stage 5 though.

Albania
    Kosovo
    North Macedonia
    Serbia
    Turkey

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

This is going to be a highly embarrassing announcement for the government on Thursday when no countries make the list. It will of course be completely glossed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Tazz T wrote: »
    This is going to be a highly embarrassing announcement for the government on Thursday when no countries make the list. It will of course be completely glossed over.

Even Liechtenstein is above 25 :eek: I can't see them changing the list if this new EU one if due before the 13th.

What's the story with going to Dublin Airport at level 3, if you're not living in Dublin?

Not allowed out of your county so basically stranded even if there were some countries on the Green List?

Then you're saying it's 'advice' but there's gonna be guards on the road?

Shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

cjbh wrote: »
    What's the story with going to Dublin Airport at level 3, if you're not living in Dublin?

Not allowed out of your county so basically stranded even if there were some countries on the Green List?

Shambles

Same as it was when I flew to Greece last week. You cannot be legally stopped from leaving the country. This is advice and not a law. All over the papers last week when Ryanair took the government to court.

And no no Garda on the roads, no Garda at the airport and no dole inspectors either!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

cjbh wrote: »

Then you're saying it's 'advice' but there's gonna be guards on the road?

Shambles

To be clear, you are only being asked not to leave your county unless for work etc.

There is absolutely no law stopping you from leaving your county and per the Garda commissioner and various ministers today, this will not be changing.

Garda checkpoints are being set up to discourage travel but nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Looks like yet again Ireland will be the dunce of the class in Europe as Sleepy Ryan doesn't think Ireland will be ready for the new travel traffic light system:

https://www.thejournal.ie/green-list-travel-2-5226250-Oct2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Looks like yet again Ireland will be the dunce of the class in Europe as Sleepy Ryan doesn't think Ireland will be ready for the new travel traffic light system:

https://www.thejournal.ie/green-list-travel-2-5226250-Oct2020/

weve been the dunce in the class for years. we let everyone push us around and give in at every turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Apparently, Ireland now have Zero Countries on the Green List !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Apparently, Ireland now have Zero Countries on the Green List !

Total lunatics so not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is it still a list if there is nothing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

bazermc wrote: »
    Is it still a list if there is nothing on it?

To a civil servant ? I'd say 10 of them on draft with no content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I mean it's all hilarious at all, but at what point will arrests of government officials start being made? This isn't just for giggles, their incompetence is destroying entire industries, careers, and causing massive harm to well-being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Travel restrictions impacting 96% of US multinationals - American Chamber of Commerce
    US multinationals based in Ireland have responded incredibly well to the Covid-19 pandemic, but air connectivity is vital, according to the American Chamber of Commerce Ireland.

96% of US companies said that travel restrictions are having an impact on their business here.

"We are an island economy and a very open island economy that depends on inward and outward investment so air connectivity is critically important," said Mark Redmond, CEO of AmCham.

"The importance of air connectivity infrastructure and the aviation sector is critically important to the economy and wider society," he added.

The outlook for Foreign Direct Investment is challenging, as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to disrupt global trade.

The American Chamber of Commerce Ireland says it is essential to protect Ireland's reputation as a competitive and cost-efficient place to do business, invest and create jobs.

Over 160,000 people are directly employed in over 700 US firms in Ireland.

The country has shown itself to be a resilient and trust worthy component of global supply chains, and Mr Redmond credits the employees working in multinationals who have kept production going, and in some cases have quadrupled production of essential medical technologies and pharmaceuticals.

"Ireland has 0.06% of the world's population, but as the Tánaiste pointed out yesterday, Ireland is the fifth biggest producer of Covid related products from medicines to ventilators," Mr Redmond said.

Ireland's track record in terms of the public sector response to the pandemic and the social solidarity shown by the wider population, will stand to the country when it comes to multinational investment "when we do come out of this global economic recession," he said.

Google recently ditched plans to rent more office space in Dublin's Docklands, but the AmCham CEO does not believe this is a warning sign, or that other firms will follow suit.

Mr Redmond said the focus is on planning the safe return to work.

"Why that is so important is because it's in the work space that real collaboration and innovation happens; it's where onboarding of new team members happens. It's where they learn how to do the job," he said.

"There's only so much virtually online learning. The best way to learn how to do your job is to watch someone ahead of you do it," Mark Redmond said.

"Working from home can be very challenging, and I think employers are really working on creating a safe environment, appropriate to coming back to the office, and of course supporting local businesses around the office space," he added.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0922/1166710-travel-restrictions-impacting-96-of-us-multinationals/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

What will the new EU Traffic Light system mean for Irish people looking to travel ?
    Will people need to get Private Tests ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

SusanC10 wrote: »
    What will the new EU Traffic Light system mean for Irish people looking to travel ?
    Will people need to get Private Tests ?

I imagine that the figure of 50 per 100,000 will have to be reevaluated as there's very little countries that actually meet the criteria at the moment.

Advertisement