Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I know it's been discussed at length but the test centers opening at Cork & Shannon tomorrow & afaik Dublin shortly are they mainly for travellers departing Ireland for countries that require a negitive test then?
    So if I wish to travel to say Spain, (where authorities may wish to see the test results) at a time when we are not green, I need only get a test on the way out & not returning?

I dont see how that is the case as these are PCR tests & they take 24 hours to turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I dont see how that is the case as these are PCR tests & they take 24 hours to turn around.

You'd have to go out there a couple of days before departure for testing, in Shannon it's drive through afaik & open to the general public not just on the day travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

I know it's been discussed at length but the test centers opening at Cork & Shannon tomorrow & afaik Dublin shortly are they mainly for travellers departing Ireland for countries that require a negitive test then?
    So if I wish to travel to say Spain, (where authorities may wish to see the test results) at a time when we are not green, I need only get a test on the way out & not returning?

I'm not to to date on the Spanish rules, but I can confirm with 100% certainty that you can enter ireland from Spain and chose not to take a test and also not isolate.

It's your own choice whether to use the test centres. I imagine they have been set up to boost people's confidence in travelling.

Any talk about isolating or taking a test before or on entry is only the government appealing to your better nature.

FrStone wrote: »
    I'm not to to date on the Spanish rules, but I can confirm with 100% certainty that you can enter ireland from Spain and chose not to take a test and also not isolate.

It's your own choice whether to use the test centres. I imagine they have been set up to boost people's confidence in travelling.

Any talk about isolating or taking a test before or on entry is only the government appealing to your better nature.

Thanks,

It’s reported in the Spanish press that if coming from a high risk country you “ may “ have to show your test result to the authorities. The Canary Islands at the moment require you download an app, to present a negative test on arrival at your hotel or registered tourist accommodation, no test = no check in until you get a test locally , although there is some evidence of push back from some hotels on this.

Do you know why there isn’t any EU wide legislation as regards testing being a legal requirement during a pandemic, is it an issue with freedom of movement or it would just be too complicated or take too long to introduce? Or some other reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thanks,

It’s reported in the Spanish press that if coming from a high risk country you “ may “ have to show your test result to the authorities. The Canary Islands at the moment require you download an app, to present a negative test on arrival at your hotel or registered tourist accommodation, no test = no check in until you get a test locally , although there is some evidence of push back from some hotels on this.

Do you know why there isn’t any EU wide legislation as regards testing being a legal requirement during a pandemic, is it an issue with freedom of movement or it would just be too complicated or take too long to introduce? Or some other reason?
    Spain seem to be planning to insist on a negative test from red zones from 23 November. We'll be going to orange on the EU travel plan soon probably will not be affected.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Spain seem to be planning to insist on a negative test from red zones from 23 November. We'll be going to orange on the EU travel plan soon probably will not be affected.

The Canary Islands though are currently not allowing anybody to check into a hotel or other registered tourist accommodation without a negative test, this applies to all tourists no matter where they are coming from, green or red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

is_that_so wrote: »

We will be amber on the EU map today and it looks like a race between us and Greece to see who goes green first.

RTE are reporting that Leo said he did not know what formal level of oversight would be in place but there would be sufficient contact tracers.

The government would look to see if a legal framework might be required to ensure people travelling from countries ranked as RED under the EU travel system take a virus test within five days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The government would look to see if a legal framework might be required to ensure people travelling from countries ranked as RED under the EU travel system take a virus test within five days

No, it's take a test after 5 days or continue to restrict movements for 14 days after arrival.

They should just ask for proof of a pre departure tests as a condition of arrival from Red zone countries tbh.
    Easier to understand and enforce and a lot safer.

No, it's take a test after 5 days or continue to restrict movements for 14 days after arrival.

They should just ask for proof of a pre departure tests as a condition of arrival from Red zone countries tbh.
    Easier to understand and enforce and a lot safer.

I’m just quoting what the RTÉ news app reported

I personally agree with you as regards the pre departure tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Tazz T wrote: »
    We will be amber on the EU map today and it looks like a race between us and Greece to see who goes green first.

Still RED unfortunately

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/situation-updates/weekly-maps-coordinated-restriction-free-movement

Our 14 day positivity rate is still slightly over 4%.
    We should be amber next week.

Our 14 day positivity rate is still slightly over 4%.
    We should be amber next week.

Fingers crossed!

What difference to us if we are amber or not? I see why being green would be great as we can travel to other green countries but how does Ireland being amber make any difference to an Irish person planning a holiday?

What difference to us if we are amber or not? I see why being green would be great as we can travel to other green countries but how does Ireland being amber make any difference to an Irish person planning a holiday?

A lot of countries won’t require you to take a test if we go Orange.

EG Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

It appears the chart published today is for the period Oct 26th - Nov 8th (weeks 44-45), hence the red.

So should be amber next week.

A lot of countries won’t require you to take a test if we go Orange.

EG Spain.

Are you sure that is the case with Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeas, that's what the El Pais story people have linked to, said. Below 150 cases per 100K and 4% positivity rate. That's orange/amber and we're just about there.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I have given up trying to leave this ****hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Scoondal wrote: »
    I have given up trying to leave this ****hole.

You can leave. No one is stopping you so stop whining about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

No Negative PCR test before going to Spain = €6,000 fine.

With Curfews and various other lockdown restrictions there's not really much point in going to Spain for the foreseeable....

Tenzor07 wrote: »

With Curfews and various other lockdown restrictions there's not really much point in going to Spain for the foreseeable....
    https://www.thelocal.es/20201112/qawhich-travellers-must-show-negative-covid-19-test-on-arrival-in-spain

I don't see the mention of 6000 fine.
    edit: I see on aero.de that there is a 6000 fine but it seems to be only something they'd enforce in the most extreme of cases and will rather insist that you take a test on arriving in the Spanish airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

I’d disagree. Sun shining, walks on the beach and restaurants, golf courses and tennis courts open. Flights are cheap too. A negative PCR for a break from the madness in Ireland a small price to pay. Having just spent a few weeks down there, I’ll be heading back down in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Golfman64 wrote: »
    I’d disagree. Sun shining, walks on the beach and restaurants, golf courses and tennis courts open. Flights are cheap too. A negative PCR for a break from the madness in Ireland a small price to pay. Having just spent a few weeks down there, I’ll be heading back down in early December.

Restrictions are tightening around Costa Del Sol where the best of the weather in Spain is, bars/restaurants closing at 6pm, and curfew extended from 10pm to 7am...
    If figures don't improve then i'm sure complete closures will happen, plus further curfew extensions...
    No point in paying €180pp before you go anywhere just to be stuck indoors during the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Restrictions are tightening around Costa Del Sol where the best of the weather in Spain is, bars/restaurants closing at 6pm, and curfew extended from 10pm to 7am...
    If figures don't improve then i'm sure complete closures will happen, plus further curfew extensions...
    No point in paying €180pp before you go anywhere just to be stuck indoors during the evening?

I'd be surprised if Spain doesn't ditch all that come spring and once they get their numbers down. The Spanish tend to go maximum strict and then open up. Plus they're hugely reliant on tourism and will want to attract back all the sun tourists once the weather gets warmer. So hopefully, especially with vaccines being rolled out, we'll be looking at an improving situation.

Could be tough in the meantime though as they won't waste the winter to get numbers down, but that said I could still see how people would want to be there rather than here despite restrictions. And if they really want to go they should.

3xh wrote: »
    It appears the chart published today is for the period Oct 26th - Nov 8th (weeks 44-45), hence the red.

So should be amber next week.

Amber! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Amber! :)

So the gov has accepted EU guidelines under previous Irish green list rules? Still advising against non-essential travel. Nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

So, seems people can fly in here but we're being advised to not travel for non essential reasons?🀔🀔

Tazz T wrote: »
    So the gov has accepted EU guidelines under previous Irish green list rules? Still advising against non-essential travel. Nothing has changed.

As far as I know the HSE are the same. Doesn't matter a damm where your going or coming from. Don't come into work for 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

So, seems people can fly in here but we're being advised to not travel for non essential reasons?🀔🀔

Doesn’t matter about advice.
    We can now travel to Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Greece and other countries without the need to show a negative test before flying.

Advertisement