Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    How about we hold both to a reasonable standard of accountability and stop the whataboutism on both sides.

Well they all need to be treated equal first such as in the media and news.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What’s to see? Tell us all with your wisdom?

It's already been pointed out that Cowen may be exposed for not driving with an accompanied person with a full licence when it was necessary.

Of course, if you'd read the thread, you'd be aware of that.

Now quick, post something about Sinn Féin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

CMCXCV wrote: »
    Could you imagine the outrage and outcry if this was a Sinn Fein Minister or party member?

We would all be shocked if S.F. were engaged in any form of law breaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's already been pointed out that Cowen may be exposed for not driving with an accompanied person with a full licence when it was necessary.

Of course, if you'd read the thread, you'd be aware of that.

Now quick, post something about Sinn Féin.

This is what you posted

When you see so many posters telling us there's nothing to see and move on, I think it's safe to say, there's a lot more to come out....

So what else is to come out? please tell us all?

Oh I'm sure there is more to come now. Be like this now for the next month or two.. tit for tat.

What more is to come out? would you not think that now would be the best time to release something more on it? really dig a hole for him

Or do you think, thats the story, nothing else!!!

Not sure what the tit for tat is about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

Edgware wrote: »
    We would all be shocked if S.F. were engaged in any form of law breaking

Law abiding citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What more is to come out? would you not think that now would be the best time to release something more on it? really dig a hole for him

Or do you think, thats the story, nothing else!!!

Not sure what the tit for tat is about?

I'd imagine if somebody has dirt on him, then they will wait until he speaks in the Dáil, 'give him the rope' as it is called traditionally.

Law abiding citizens.

The story is not about SF, they have so many issues even making a comment about this story or any other party they should be told to shut up and sort their own house out

I made the comment about the SF supporters jumping all over this thread all been high and mighty while they support SF. Lets just leave it at that

I'd imagine if somebody has dirt on him, then they will wait until he speaks in the Dáil, 'give him the rope' as it is called traditionally.

Still on the boat reading out comments from boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Still on the boat reading out comments from boards?

Sorry?

• Advertisement

Sorry?

:P

Deny deny deny deny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

One question and I believe it needs answering. Whatever about Cowen and his mistake. How the hell did this reach the media? Who leaked it? What sanctions will they face?

One question and I believe it needs answering. Whatever about Cowen and his mistake. Hiw the hell did this reach the media? Who leaked it? What sanctions will they face?

Probably another rat in FF.

Some other slimeball who wants that ministerial pension.

I'd say Cowen kept this one quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

One question and I believe it needs answering. Whatever about Cowen and his mistake. Hiw the hell did this reach the media? Who leaked it? What sanctions will they face?

While I think Cowan is being unfairly targetted (he did his crime, he did his time), it's hardly a Wikileaks scenario here.

He appeared in court, in front of loads of people and his case was heard. Anybody there would have seen it so it's no big deal that this leaked out. In fact most courts have a reporter present to report on the goings-on of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

One question and I believe it needs answering. Whatever about Cowen and his mistake. How the hell did this reach the media? Who leaked it? What sanctions will they face?

This isn't Soviet Russia. Court proceedings are held in public unless there's a good reason to hold them in camera. Nothing was leaked.

Sorry: it was a FCPN.

It is usual Ireland, people hate seeing someone do better. Anyone gets a bit further in life and you have the "I will take then down a peg or two"

We will never find out who it came from, Cowen is well liked in FF so I doubt it was from the party.

More to the point is why is it such a big story? to me shows how backward Ireland still is.....he committed a crime, paid for it and moved on with his life. Is that not what people are supposed to do when they made a mistake?

If he done it 20-30 times and never learned then yes go after him.

I'd say Cowen kept this one quiet.

How might I ask?

You get a chance to tell us the rest of the story yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Barry Cowen fined for speeding as learner before drink driving ban https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/barry-cowen-fined-for-speeding-as-learner-before-drink-driving-ban-39346476.html
    It emerged yesterday that Mr Cowen, then a Fianna Fáil TD, also appeared before Dublin District Court in June 2016 on a speeding charge. He was fined €200 for breaking the special 60kmh limit at Palmerstown in Dublin in July 2015.

• Advertisement

You get a chance to tell us the rest of the story yet?

Waiting for the law breaker to tell his.

How did he get around so much without a full licence?

I thought it was a fcpn rather than a court appearence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I thought it was a fcpn rather than a court appearence?

Fair enough, my mistake. Apologies if it was an FCPN.

Waiting for the law breaker to tell his.

How did he get around so much without a full licence?

Watch out you might trip over while you back track....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Spare us the faux outrage, you support a party who run a criminal gang who murder people and cover up for them....

Are you disagreeing that drink drivers are scumbags or is it another usual reply of but what about

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »
    While I think Cowan is being unfairly targetted (he did his crime, he did his time), it's hardly a Wikileaks scenario here.

He appeared in court, in front of loads of people and his case was heard. Anybody there would have seen it so it's no big deal that this leaked out. In fact most courts have a reporter present to report on the goings-on of the day.

cowan didnt appear in court. He received a FCPN.

Are you disagreeing that drink drivers are scumbags or is it another usual reply of but what about

I didn’t say anything for or against drink drivers

Just saying your faux outrage is laughable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

This^^

He was asked on The Week in Politics was anything else going to come out and he said no.

Here we are two days later and this emerges?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus the wolves are out for Cowan, I do not for a second drink driving is acceptable but the dogs on the street knew many thousands of Learner drivers drove on permits for years and years, also the accompanied driving nonsense was only enforced once that clown Ross got a hold on the Transport Brief.

The entire Leaner Driving situation is a farce from start to finish, equally the Licensing issue a Joke along with the NTC debacle.

The Lock-down only proved how ridiculous the situation is, Extending out of date licenses, extending expired NTC certs, why? Because they can. I wont get started on the NCT lift farce, what country in the world would permit a partial test FFS

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

seamusk84 wrote: »
    This^^

He was asked on The Week in Politics was anything else going to come out and he said no.

Here we are two days later and this emerges?

Pretty sure he said speeding on TWIP to be fair to him.

Advertisement