Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Really? Are you his accountant?

You need to be an accountant to see a TDs travel allowance?

Are you seriously this politically naïve:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    You need to be an accountant to see a TDs travel allowance?

Are you seriously this politically naïve:pac:

Another fun weekend sitting around reading TD expenses?

The law says you can do it if you have a vet, he had a vet

What has you confused?

Go on tell us a story about how you knew a man with a greyhound

Its still puppy farming iregardless of the law??

Indeed a google search shows to me,the green party canditadate in his constitenuncy also is quite vocal on animal rights and puppy farming in particular long term

It must be quite the kick in the teeth to her and their party members on the ground there to see eamonn ryan cheerlead and support a puppy farmer as minister of agriculture

Another fun weekend sitting around reading TD expenses?

Not exactly, a copy of the travel allowances he drew down got posted on twitter the day the story broke.......

Now getting back to the taxi fare brainfart post.

You don't think 2400€ a month should be adequate to cover the taxi fare for Barry? Even with his friend tagging along he should have been able to shoulder the costs even going "halvers"?

Its still puppy farming iregardless of the law??

Indeed a google search shows to me,the green party canditadate in his constitenuncy also is quite vocal on animal rights and puppy farming in particular long term

It must be quite the kick in the teeth to her and their party members on the ground there to see eamonn ryan cheerlead and support a puppy farmer as minister of agriculture

Is a puppy farm illegal?

Do you have any information to suggest anything illegal was done?

Do you have a rival vets report saying it was unsafe for the animal?

• Advertisement

Not exactly, a copy of the travel allowances he drew down got posted on twitter the day the story broke.......

Now getting back to the taxi fare brainfart post.

You don't think 2400€ a month should be adequate to cover the taxi fare for Barry? Even with his friend tagging along he should have been able to shoulder the costs even going "halvers"?

It doesn’t matter what I think, my travel expenses sometimes have been double that in a month and my company pays it.

So if you know or have any actual information then please share? Or you as usual scrambling around in the weeds with nothing of interest

It doesn’t matter what I think, my travel expenses sometimes have been double that in a month and my company pays it.

So if you know or have any actual information then please share? Or you as usual scrambling around in the weeds with nothing of interest

Know or have any interest in what exactly?

Are you disputing that Cowens Travel allowances are freely available to anyone who wishes to see them, and of the sums involved?

Are you suggesting that he drove home with drink on him because he might be under some financial burden that would have placed the price of a cab home out of his reach?

Is that the story you would choose to believe rather than Barry just decided to risk it because sure it'll be grand then you tear away with that.

I'll be over here laughing at you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I doubt he cares

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I doubt he cares

100%

Next he will be posting about popcorn

Have i said anywhere it is illegal?

Either the greens have a new found support of puppy farming and are happy to see cowen minister of agriculture....or FF have duped em into a politically impossible position

Eamonn ryan is as a big a dope and politically naive as he comes across it seems........either he supports puppy farming or he deosnt....should be great craic to see greens who have shelved their interest in animal rights inside a week of government,tear emselves apart over this

If you want FFG,vote green it seems

Oh for heavens sake
    Most farmers have bitches who have had several litters, many of us sell them to other farms
    8 litters is not excessive and as its one bitch, its certainly not a puppy farm
    Puppy farming is psnonemous with caged up dirty mal nourished puppies
    This article is akin to vegan anti farmer exaggeration
    I'm surprised at the examiner

• Advertisement

Have i said anywhere it is illegal?

Either the greens have a new found support of puppy farming and are happy to see cowen minister of agriculture....or FF have duped em into a politically impossible position

Eamonn ryan is as a big a dope and politically naive as he comes across it seems........either he supports puppy farming or he deosnt....should be great craic to see greens who have shelved their interest in animal rights inside a week of government,tear emselves apart over this

If you want FFG,vote green it seems

Keep digging and at some stage you might get to a point....

Know or have any interest in what exactly?

Are you disputing that Cowens Travel allowances are freely available to anyone who wishes to see them, and of the sums involved?

Are you suggesting that he drove home with drink on him because he might be under some financial burden that would have placed the price of a cab home out of his reach?

Is that the story you would choose to believe rather than Barry just decided to risk it because sure it'll be grand then you tear away with that.

Stuck in the weeds

Tell you what McMurphy, put down the expenses reports and enjoy the nice weather

Nobody gives a s**t anyone apart from you shinnerbots

I doubt he cares

I think he does actually, it's last word syndrome that does that. See below.

No counter argument, resort to default position, loud noises and pretending no one cares. Something about Shinner bots. Check his post count, someone cares alright. :pac:
    Stuck in the weeds

Tell you what McMurphy, put down the expenses reports and enjoy the nice weather

Nobody gives a s**t anyone apart from you shinnerbots

• Registered Users Posts: 69,186 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's not going away for Barry. He is going to be made answer the questions. I'm a bit surprised as I thought he had brazened it out on a turn a blind eye because it's a new government media allowance.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/tales-of-ministers-and-a-government-afraid-of-the-social-media-wild-west-39358715.html

It's not going away for Barry. He is going to be made answer the questions. I'm a bit surprised as I thought he had brazened it out on a turn a blind eye because it's a new government media allowance.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/tales-of-ministers-and-a-government-afraid-of-the-social-media-wild-west-39358715.html

What does the rest of that article past the pay wall say?
    The pre pay wall paragraph reads to me like typical [insert politicians name here] Fionnnan prose
    Is there anything new or is it one of those what happened during the week pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Hold on breaking news, Cowan done a pee per in a field once and not a in a pottie

More details will be released later on today

This will be followed by, Cowan crosses the road but he didn’t wait for the Green man

Aw Shef that's weak, I mean to say, it's brutal.

No mention of Thomas Byrne though, as far as I can see

Great Francie, you have found your evening entertainment

The pre pay wall paragraph reads to me like typical [insert politicians name here] Fionnnan prose
    Is there anything new or is it one of those what happened during the week pieces?

The heading of the article

“ Tales of ministers and a Government afraid of the social media Wild West”

Says it all really doesn’t it :-)

I’m sure the government are shaking in their boots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hold on breaking news, Cowan done a pee per in a field once and not a in a pottie

More details will be released later on today

This will be followed by, Cowan crosses the road but he didn’t wait for the Green man

Yes, it all adds up!!!

Don't know, I wouldn't pay for the Indo in a month of Sunday's. Just making the point that it ain't going away for Barry and you know what the say about time passing and political strife remaining, if they are still talking about it after 2 weeks you are in bother.

Don't know, I wouldn't pay for the Indo in a month of Sunday's. Just making the point that it ain't going away for Barry and you know what the say about time passing and political strife remaining, if they are still talking about it after 2 weeks you are in bother.

The headline is about social media? You posted a link you haven’t even read or any idea what the content is?

F**k me but you lads are getting more and more desperate by the day, take the day off lads. SF won’t mind, a true legend in Charlton died today so hate to tell you all this is gone now. Long gone.

The headline is about social media? You posted a link you haven’t even read or any idea what the content is?

F**k me but you lads are getting more and more desperate by the day, take the day off lads. SF won’t mind, a true legend in Charlton died today so hate to tell you all this is gone now. Long gone.

You're putting in a fair auld effort yourself to keep it going

The article is about Cowen and Martin and Cowen's past by a senior political correspondent.

How on any planet, does that not warrant the comment, 'it isn't going away'?

Calm down Shef, your persistent efforts to handwave this away have been abjectly pathetic not to mention a complete failure.

Check his post count, someone cares alright. :pac:
    Cute Hoor wrote: »
    You're putting in a fair auld effort yourself to keep it going

:-)

Still in the weeds lads

It’s a wonder cutie pie your not repeating the same question over and over again, that had great success(as Borat would say) last time

The article is about Cowen and Martin and Cowen's past by a senior political correspondent.

How on any planet, does that not warrant the comment, 'it isn't going away'?

Calm down Shef, your persistent efforts to handwave this away have been abjectly pathetic not to mention a complete failure.

The article is about social media, read the heading

If you are going to link an article as “proof” maybe read the bloody heading first is your not even going to bother to read the content

How pathetic is it to link an article you haven’t even read?

The article is about social media, read the heading

If you are going to link an article as “proof” maybe read the bloody heading first is your not even going to bother to read the content

How pathetic is it to link an article you haven’t even read?

Desperation stakes are high Shef.

Cowen's trangression is STILL being talked about in the media...YES or NO?

Desperation stakes are high Shef.

Cowen's trangression is STILL being talked about in the media...YES or NO?

Next time Francie, just google Cowan and just paste the search result link in here.

• Advertisement

:-)

Still in the weeds lads

It’s a wonder cutie pie your not repeating the same question over and over again, that had great success(as Borat would say) last time

It appears that you went running back to Mount St for a few days to try to avoid answering that one, do they allow you to think.

Do you think (not know) that Barry just had the 2 pints - just your opinion, you must surely have one

Advertisement